"that" Italian sound / Black Hole

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
deathster

Post by deathster »

But what about band called The Black. I only know the name, havent had a chance to hear music. I think they were from Italy.
Gabhair

Post by Gabhair »

deathster wrote:But what about band called The Black. I only know the name, havent had a chance to hear music. I think they were from Italy.
I only have Peccatis Nostris/Capistrani Pugnator but The Black. I think its their most recent release. Really good stuff. Couldnt recommend it more to those into the old Italian Occult bands. I definitely plan to get more once I get this lousy credit card bill paid.

And as previosuly mentioned L'impero Della Ombre's album is along the same lines with a definite big nod (is that a bow?) to the work of Paul Chain. Great stuff! Some of the guys in that band were in Sabotage who did the King of the Dream split 12" with him back in 1989.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'd recommend RUN AFTER TO. Dead-on "Italian" mysterious Doom. Their MLP comes with a slightly flat production but musically it's a gem ...and their demo shreds! Actually the song "Occultism" off Paul Chain's "Detatching From Satan" MLP is taken from this demo. I think he co-wrote it with the band. Needless to say the demo sound pretty much exactly like early PC.

Heck, I'll upload it next week together with all the other stuff I'm putting together...

Edit:
I got the ZESS CD. Not bad but not quite what I was hoping for. It's solid, doomish MercyfulFatey stuff, but at all as eerie as BLACK HOLE or anything..

The MEZMERIST (US) mlp should cater to fans of Italian esoterica too me thinks..
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

I guess im the only guy who likes plain old late 80's to mid 90's Death SS :?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Crows In Black wrote:I guess im the only guy who likes plain old late 80's to mid 90's Death SS :?
Hell no. "Black Mass", "Heavy Demons" and "Do What Thou Wilt" were some of the greatest Metal recorded in the late 80's/early 90's. Not to mention the awesome Steve Sylvester solo albums!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Crows In Black wrote:I guess im the only guy who likes plain old late 80's to mid 90's Death SS :?
Actually i only like ''Heavy Demons''(91)which i have on a Cd with many bonus tracks from Lucifer Rising records..I tried ''In Death Of Steve Sylvester'' but nothing worked.I always believed ''Heavy Demons'' was Death SS climax.All the songs are great.Truly a classic.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I think Black Magic is worth mentionening here. it is a bit obscure band, but i like it. I can upload their 7" ep if anyone is interested
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Actually i only like ''Heavy Demons''(91)which i have on a Cd with many bonus tracks from Lucifer Rising records..I tried ''In Death Of Steve Sylvester'' but nothing worked.I always believed ''Heavy Demons'' was Death SS climax.All the songs are great.Truly a classic.
Yeah, the problem with "In Death of Steve Sylvester" is the first song Vampire kicks ass then the rest of the album is mostly mid-paced or really slow (most of the album is just new recordings of songs from the 70's)
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I love Death SS and I think "In Death of Steve Sylvester" is maybe their best full album. :?
I love also the late 70s/early 80s versions of the songs.

Almost all Italian steel from the 80's I've heard has been good.
Berserks, Black Hole, Halloween, Shining Blade, Paul Chain, Steel Crown (some how this one sounds very japanese to me). I wonder if anyone could recommend me more heavy/speed stuff similar to berserks, halloween and shining blade??
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
metalmartyrdoom

Post by metalmartyrdoom »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Equinox Ov The Gods-Images Of Forgotten Memories.
I have this on vinyl for trade to anyone who's interested.

As for my recommendations, I'd say

Run After To
L'Impero Della Ombre
The Black (not so much for the same style, but just because they kick ass!)
Abysmal Grief
and ofcourse
The Mezmerist
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

metalmartyrdoom wrote:I have this on vinyl for trade to anyone who's interested.
Was this released also on vynil? :roll: I didn't knew that :oops: Anyway i have the CD.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Wow, I'm writing all those names down.
I'm a HUGE fan of Black Hole, Paul Chain and, of course, Goblin, but never found any other band that capture that feeling.
I'm gonna try to check out those bands you reccomend.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Cochino wrote:Wow, I'm writing all those names down.
I'm a HUGE fan of Black Hole, Paul Chain and, of course, Goblin, but never found any other band that capture that feeling.
I'm gonna try to check out those bands you reccomend.
JACULA / early Antonius Rex is must for those who love occult music with a true macabre sound...

Anyne wishing to trade live tapes of Paul Chain /Death SS??
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

metalmaster wrote: JACULA / early Antonius Rex is must for those who love occult music with a true macabre sound...
I agree, both are great bands.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

MAJIZTER DIXIT MAJIZTER DIXIIIT
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance