The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6335
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#346 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:25 am

An error here: http://thecorroseum.org/comps/stjerrebarreswier.html

Ancestral Sin have one track title repeated three times instead of all three titles.
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6578
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#347 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:46 pm

rumblefist wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:45 pm
Only featured here is the Dream Sequence of 1986.

But i do think the 1983 release is by far more interesting - https://www.popsike.com/DREAM-SEQUENCE- ... 11366.html
Yep, one of my major UK comp-wants and I'll probably end up paying waaay too much for it ...unless someone out there has a complete rip of the album + scans?
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:25 am
An error here: http://thecorroseum.org/comps/stjerrebarreswier.html

Ancestral Sin have one track title repeated three times instead of all three titles.
Cheers for the proof-reading! Will fix asap.
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1585

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#348 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:29 pm

I used to have Silent Night - cold hearted lady 7”. It’s a cool melodic rocker in the vein of mendes prey, sweet savage (straight..7”) etc but just not as great so at least one of the NWOBHM tracks are good enough to give it a listen! :)

Found a clip on YouTube
https://youtu.be/InbNC1_zDzA
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1585

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#349 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:34 pm

Btw, Dan! When’s a rip and review of that obscure German Comp You’re borrowing from me coming up feat. The unknown band angel dust? :)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1550

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#350 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 pm

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rocksze ... e/10686522

Here's another candidate for Mixed Bag section. I have this one. Just one REAL METAL band here : HYDRA with song "Stranger" . It's the same song ( Just much more Different / Demo version ) MAD MAX used for album Rollin Thunder when HYDRA guitar player / vocalist joined them latter on.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6578
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#351 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:13 am

lunaboy wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:01 pm
https://www.discogs.com/Various-Rocksze ... e/10686522

Here's another candidate for Mixed Bag section. I have this one. Just one REAL METAL band here : HYDRA with song "Stranger" . It's the same song ( Just much more Different / Demo version ) MAD MAX used for album Rollin Thunder when HYDRA guitar player / vocalist joined them latter on.
Thanx alot for the tip. Added to the discogs wantlist :)

@Dirty:
It will part of the next German Comps-update. As always I have a large backlog of releases like this.
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1550

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#352 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 am

One More comp from Canada just with one REAL METAL band not many hear so far. Band by the way is called TYRANT .

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Q104-Ho ... se/7970339

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6578
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#353 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:13 am

lunaboy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 am
One More comp from Canada just with one REAL METAL band not many hear so far. Band by the way is called TYRANT .

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Q104-Ho ... se/7970339
Cheers. Do you have this comp yourself?
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1550

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#354 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:16 am

DaN wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:13 am
lunaboy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 am
One More comp from Canada just with one REAL METAL band not many hear so far. Band by the way is called TYRANT .

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Q104-Ho ... se/7970339
Cheers. Do you have this comp yourself?
Yes. Bought cheap copy on eBay 3/4 weeks ago.

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6578
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#355 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 am

lunaboy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:16 am
DaN wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:13 am
lunaboy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:57 am
One More comp from Canada just with one REAL METAL band not many hear so far. Band by the way is called TYRANT .

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Q104-Ho ... se/7970339
Cheers. Do you have this comp yourself?
Yes. Bought cheap copy on eBay 3/4 weeks ago.
Cool. Could you rip & scan/Photo it? I can settle w/ a raw full album rip - i.e. no need to separate the tracks...
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

User avatar
lunaboy
Posts: 1550

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#356 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm

DaN wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:31 am
lunaboy wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:16 am
DaN wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:13 am


Cheers. Do you have this comp yourself?
Yes. Bought cheap copy on eBay 3/4 weeks ago.
Cool. Could you rip & scan/Photo it? I can settle w/ a raw full album rip - i.e. no need to separate the tracks...

I'll see what I can do. I'm away from my home for 1 month right now ,but when I back I try to Rip it.

User avatar
Cochino
Posts: 1775

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#357 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:03 pm

One more thing I found.
In the track by track review here https://thecorroseum.org/comps/streetwise2.html it lists the Morgue track as simply "Tales", when you can see in the back cover scan that the actual title is "Tales of Despair".

User avatar
sovdat
Posts: 2608
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#358 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 pm

This one would fit: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Power-M ... er/1212277

And Metal Massacre 11 :D

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 6335
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#359 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:41 am

sovdat wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 pm
This one would fit: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Power-M ... er/1212277
That classic Belgian band, Kat.
"I just yell at people"
- Tim Baker

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6578
Contact:

Re: The Metal Compilopedia

Post#360 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:20 am

@cochino: Thanx again for the proof-reading! Fixed 8)
sovdat wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:25 pm
This one would fit: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Power-M ... er/1212277

And Metal Massacre 11 :D
Indeed they would. I have the "Power Metal" CD and plan to grab myself a copy of MM11 in due time. Haven't got the time to add them just yet, but I intend to, hopefully together with some other rare/underappreciated CD-comps.

Actually, I'm curious if you (or anyhone else) have any other interesting titles like these in your collection? I'm looking for rips & scans of a number of rare comp CDs from the late 80's/early 90's, like the Japanse "Far East Thrash Army" series, "Avang'Hard" 1 & 2 from France, "All Thrashed Out..", "LA Death Coallition", "Metal Mythos" 1 & 2 etc..
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron