1895 old reviews have been added to The Corroseum

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
Ernest Thesiger

Re: 1895 old reviews have been added to The Corroseum

Post#46 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:26 am

bigfootkit wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 am
In order not to be too disturbed by it i try to tell myself that they're all queued up outside the window trying to muster up the courage to ask the little girl for a go on the bad-ass old school flying V that's lying on the couch.
*cackles*
Metal bastard need at no questions asked!

doomedplanet

Post#47 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:54 pm

I'm fairly certain that is a toy stuffed cat in that basket. I believe that basket itself is one of those things for kids to put they baby dollies to bed in, like a mini plastic crib or something. If not then it is something to hold a cat litter box. Not quite sure, could double for both.
bigfootkit wrote:
A question for those who own a copy, is that a black cat in the plastic basket type thing to the left of the girl's feet?
I know there are far more important questions to be asked about that sleeve, but that's something i've always wondered about for some reason & even the hi-res scan that accompanies the review doesn't answer my query.
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

The Sentinel

Post#48 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Great reviews added. Keep them going :)
Long Live The Loud !!!

Spinal

Post#49 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 pm

Would love to see some more Eastern European full-lengths reviewed. The old STRESS-reviews are spot on, for example.

DaN
Administructor

Post#50 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Spinal wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:40 pm
Would love to see some more Eastern European full-lengths reviewed. The old STRESS-reviews are spot on, for example.
Psychic? You just foretold the next update :wink:
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

DaN
Administructor

Post#51 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 am

Reviews of Romanians ALTAR and SECRET added. Rips will be uploaded to Poisonoise tomorrow.
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

bigfootkit

Post#52 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:39 am

doomedplanet wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:54 pm
I'm fairly certain that is a toy stuffed cat in that basket. I believe that basket itself is one of those things for kids to put they baby dollies to bed in, like a mini plastic crib or something. If not then it is something to hold a cat litter box. Not quite sure, could double for both.
bigfootkit wrote:
A question for those who own a copy, is that a black cat in the plastic basket type thing to the left of the girl's feet?
I know there are far more important questions to be asked about that sleeve, but that's something i've always wondered about for some reason & even the hi-res scan that accompanies the review doesn't answer my query.
AHa! Clarity at last! Thanks Rob.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.

Spinal

Post#53 » Sat May 11, 2019 1:21 pm

DaN wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 am
Reviews of Romanians ALTAR and SECRET added. Rips will be uploaded to Poisonoise tomorrow.
Very cool stuff. That SECRET cover art reminds me of 1970s progressive rock aesthetics. Greenslade's self titled and "Bedsize manners...", etc.

bigfootkit

Post#54 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:17 am

DaN wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:26 pm
7 new album reviews added, 4 more from Alan/nightsblood and 3 from me (I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize for all the bullshit in the Demon Eyes review - once I got started it was hard to stop).
HAZ-upload in progress as I'm writing this. Some music while you wait:

DaN, thanks to you & Nightsblood for inspiring me to revisit that Alkana record, i'd remembered that it was an above average LP for the era but had forgotten just how well recorded & produced it was.
I'm a little more forgiving of the more typical 70's sounding material than Alan, but his summation of the albums strengths & weaknesses are right on the nose. A revised running order could potentially earn the album an extra star by spacing out the 'hokier' tracks, but in doing so you'd miss out on the killer back to back combo of 'Paradise' & 'The Tower'.
What an overlooked little gem 'Paradise' is, i love the echoplex guitar & the busy rhythms on that one, dynamic & ambitious stuff.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.