Lazy bones? You can always check this page for the latest
updates, weather it's new reviews, a new label discography, new features, new
interesting links, changes made to The Corroseum etc...
- 2017-10-11 - After many a day and night of work & research I'm proud to present what could possibly be the last really large addition to the Labels index: Azra Records! In the process I've also updated the pages of sublabels Iron Works, Masque, Metalstorm and World Metal to now include info & pics of all known shaped/pic-disc variations. From all this rose a necessity to also make some minor layout improvements of the entire Labels-section.
- 2017-09-19 - So far we've only scratched the surface of German local compilations, so let's take a deep dive and add 15(!) of them: Bundesrockfestival '86, C.B.R.Frischungen, Celler Rockmusik Initiative 1 and 2, Chance '84, Dem Nachwuchs Eine Chance, Hannover Szene '84, Hart Und Genau, MainRock Sampler 1, NDR Hörfest 88, Osnabrücker Rock Bum, Rockactive 1, Rockactive '84, Rock Feierwerk - Sieger 85 and Talent Show '83.
- 2017-09-06 - There used to be exactly zero (0) Spanish mixed compilations in the Compilopedia - this of course had to be amended! Now there's 5.
- 2017-08-03 - Sorta' kinda for the sake of completion more or less, the Polish Metal Muza has been added to the labels index. As usual the compilopedia has also been updated. I have such a large back-log now that I can easily make 'themed' updates, so here's 4 from the UK: Monochrome, Rubberoid, Southern Comfort vol. 4 and the mysterious Elementals UK test-pressing.
- 2017-07-07 - Let's get back to compilations again: Keir presents us with Rock To Riches Z98, Rock-Off '88, Melange, Battle Of The Bands vol. 1 and Unknown Titles. I've dug up some early Dutch comps this time: A Maiden Effort, A-Tracks, Bound, IJmond Pop, U-Tracks and Wappelpee vol. 1 ...and real Japanese Metal rarity: Pit Record Volume II - Rock On.
- 2017-06-15 - The old Noise Records page has now been updated to include the first 200 releases, plus the small EMI Noise appendix.
- 2017-05-27 - Another age-old item on the to-do list crossed off: Heavy Metal Records has had a major face-lift and now includes the complete discographies of Heavy Metal America, Heavy Metal Worldwide and Heavy Metal Records Canada.
- 2017-05-03 - Right in the middle of moving apartment comes another comp-update: From Italy comes Tenaxound - Aprite La Porta, Eighties Colours and Profumo Di Rovina, from the US comes WFBQ 96 Karma Album Project 2 and WBAB Homegrown '84, then there's our first bona-fide Swiss release, Monsters Of MJ, a German called Sunab 196 and finally the classic RaveOn Hits Hard.
- 2017-04-03 - Today we're swallowing 3 bitter pills in one gulp and so we're over and done with 'white metal' labels Intense Records, Regency Records and R.E.X. Music.
- 2017-03-24 - A smaller label discog added: Kamaflage Records.
- 2017-03-22 - We continue on the Spanish theme with an Avispa discography.
- 2017-03-16 - Another embarrasing, rather large hole in the Metal labels index has been filled: Spaniards Chapa Discos. And since they (luckily) never run out, more comps: High Plains Rock Volume I (happy now John?), Metal That Matters, Dario Argento's 'Opera' soundtrack and Salut Les Tympans Fêlés.
- 2017-02-17 - 5 more comps: La Respuesta from Venezuela, TV Melody '87 from Bulgaria, the Music From Poland At Midem '84 DLP, Metal Prisoners and Metal Thunder. The last one inspired a small Rumble Records discography page. Since about week back The Great Infinity-Project has also begun to grow ever so slowly, infecting the label pages like a fungus..
- 2017-01-23 - The Roadrunner-journey have come to an end with the final addition of Part 3 - Singles, EP's and promos. Now it's just about a gazillion holes to fill...
- 2016-12-12 - Part 2 of the Roadrunner Records discography is now finished - and this is as far as I'll go with their album output (Part 3 will be singles and promos).
- 2016-12-06 - Some issues of the old Brazilian fanzine Rock Brigade was recently sent to me rather anonymously, and they have now been added to the Fanzine archive. NOTE that some of these were sent as photos and not scans, so the quality isn't as good as we're used to, but I figured it was good enough considering the cool content: 1, 4, 14, 15 and 17.
- 2016-11-10 - After years of working with it on & off, The Corroseum can now present Part 1 of the Roadrunner Records discography!
- 2016-10-14 - Greenworld Records has been added to The Corroseum's Metal labels index.
- 2016-10-06 - Today we add three 3-way splits to the Compilopedia: Eros/Camelot/Tubos De Plata, Hard Day/Pascal Mulot/Abcent and Friesland Pop vol 4.
- 2016-09-29 - The absence of a Wild Rags Records discography on The Corroseum has just been amended.
- 2016-09-26 - The completeness of The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles continues to grow, with BUDKA SUFLERA, 1st DEEF & ZANDER being added to the Polish dept.
- 2016-09-09 - High time for some more obscure mixed compilations! This time we go all-Italian: Musica Metropolitana, Rock & Blues Compilation '90, Six Plenty Of Guts and St. Anthony's Fire.
- 2016-09-04 - First of all the Compilopedia index is back up! What I could see there really wasn't any security holes to fill, so hopefully this was a one-time event. Bare with me if another workthrough will be needed in the future though...
I've also spent the last few weeks giving The Corroseum's Metal Labels Index a thorough overhaul. Hundreds of ugly old jpg's has been updated, lots of errors have been corrected and several holes filled. Among other things the Energy label has been disentangled from/added to the Rockport page, the last couple of vinyl releases of Mausoleum has been added, and Shrapnel Records has recieved the same treatment as Combat and Metal Blade before them, with some pressings/label variation info added.
- 2016-07-08 - The Metal Blade label index has gotten another major update: info on pressing variations have now been added.
- 2016-07-04 - Here's why the site and forum was down for a few days. As the forum post says, the Compilopedia will be down for a while until I'm able to take some security measures.
- 2016-06-12 - 2 Swedish zines today: Hang 'em High #2 and To The Death #3. Also somewhat zinerelated: No Glam Fags Compilation vol.2 MC.
- 2016-05-26 - 3 more reviews: AWOL - s/t, CHYKLE - Relampago De Rock and WIKKA - s/t + plus the fattest zine yet: Metal Warriors #7!
- 2016-05-15 - Hi again! Just finished another review: GENOCIDE - Roots In Rock.
- 2016-05-12 - 4 more thrashing zine updates: The Book Of Armageddon #4, Hang 'Em High #1, Psychomania #3 and To The Death #2. ...and 3 compilation updates, all of them all-Metal: Latinos Y Metalicos, Kanto v/s Kansai and Convicted To The Avant Garde ...and another brand new album review: TABBASA - 有角神舞踏!
- 2016-04-12 - Today we pass the 100-mark with another massive fanzine update: Grinder #3 and #6, Ian Magazine #6, Intensity #1, Metal Mania #8, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #17 + #20, Metallic Beast #4, Rock Brigade #6 + #10, Screams From The Gutter #19 + #29 and Under The Oak #1.
Some more comps have also been added: 98 Rock Vol. 4, KCAL/CANHC Homegrown Benefit Album, Unsigned Bands - The Album Network vol. 3 and finally the obscure Neat Records cassette Powertrax.
- 2016-03-30 - Here's an update not even I had expected until a few weeks ago, when I suddenly got back the urge to do what once was the core mission of the Corroseum website: to review obscure, forgotten and/or underrated old Metal vinyl! We'll randomly start off with ALTA TENSÃO - Portal Do Iferno. A whole lot more of these will come in the near future.
Zine-contributor Rob Preston has done a mammoth scanning job for us and so we also present Metal Madness #6, #8, #9, #10, #11 and #12 + Necronomicon #2 and #3. Finally Keir offers us a review of the Shooting From The Hip compilation from the UK.
- 2016-03-17 - More zines: Screams From The Gutter #8, #11, #12 and #15 + Sledgehammer #9 ...and 2 more mixed US comps: Street Rock vol. 2 and Get To The Point vol. 1.
- 2016-03-11 - *LOUD pompous fanfare* Here's something I've wanted to do for loooong time... The main page of The Corroseum's Compilation Encyclopedia has been reworked into a searchable index. You can now filter out lists of comps from a particlular country/region, format and/or year, as well as chose weather you want to only browse proper all-Metal comps, mixed/local comps or both. Check it out!
3 more zines has also been uploaded, all of them from Belgium: Mayhem Massacre #1, Metallian #3 and Orkaan #5.
- 2016-02-21 - Another 9 old fanzines have been added to the Fanzine Library: Heavy Metal Demons #1 and #2, Kick-Ass Monthly #23, Megaton #2, Metal Guardians #3, Revelation #1, Screams From The Gutter #7, Speed Zone #2 and Total Blur #3.
- 2016-02-11 - I've just finished giving the The Corroseum's Fanzine Library a major face-lift with the addition of individual thumbnail- & slideshow-pages, so now you can browse the archives directly online, page by page. The clunky ol' pdf's are still available though, if that's more to your liking. I've also added 2 more issues of Metal Meltdown: #7 and #8.
In addition, four recently discovered Baltic mixed comps has been added to the Compilopedia: Liepājas Dzintars '87, Melodiju Stafete Vol. 7, Mūzika Diskoklubos and Populjarnye Gruppy Diskotek Litvy,
- 2016-01-27 - The first update of the new year includes a mixed bag of hispanic comps: Toxic Rock from Spain, Metalmania from Mexico and the Infierno Rock MC and its accompanying promo 12" from Chile. Despite my previous statement that I've finished covering the Russian scene I've also discovered a late Russian contender in the very obscure Anthology Jesus Rock In Russia DLP.
Once again I've also updated The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles: The 2nd, 3rd and 4th TUBLATANKA 7"s are now added to the Czechoslovakian section (...mostly due to the fact that one more of them turned out to include exclusive recordings)
2015-12-25 - A little Xmas update: I've started a new project of upgrading some of the larger label pages with extra info on the various pressing variations that exist on each release. First off is Combat. (cheers to everyone on the forum who helped out!)
Some more zines has also been added: Load #5 from Sweden, Barst #7, Metallised #4 and Metal Paper #7 from Belgium + Metal Meltdown #5 and Epitaph #4 through #10 from the US.
...and of course more comps: Szolnok Rock Volume 2 from Hungary and Three Points Of Metal from Australia.
- 2015-12-12 - Round the world with 7 compilations: Cherish Project from Italy, Metal Warning from Japan, Vicious Vinyl from Australia, Projeto Mythus from Brazil, Rock The Nation from Austria, Formații De Muzică Pop Vol. 3 and Formații Rock Vol. 7 from Romania.
- 2015-11-30 - 2 more titles has been added to Russian section of The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles: the LADY PROWLER 10" from '94 and the KRUIZ split-flexi from '83.
The following zines have also been added to the fanzine archvie: Black Metal #7, Epitaph #1 - #3, Metal Meltdown #3 & #6, Sledgehammer #13, Stale Verhale #3 and Whiplash #1. My apologies for the less than ideal quality of those Epitaph issues - these are lo-res scans of unknown origin that I still thought good & readable enough to include.
2 more sites have been added to Ye Olde Metal World Map: Croatian Metal History and Fuck Yeah - NWOBHM.
...and finally another addition to the Compilopedia: Hold Up Omnibus - Devil Must Be Driven Out With Devil from Japan.
- 2015-11-19 - Ye Olde Metal World Map part two: North/Central America has been added to the Beyond The Black/'links' dept. We need more US sites!! Help!
- 2015-11-04 - Torrid Records has been added to the labels index. 2 Swedish zines, Heavy Rock #2 and Metal Guardians #4 have been added to the zines archive and we finally have a proper NWOBHM site in the making: www.nwobhm.com - now added to Ye Olde Metal World Map.
- 2015-10-15 - Godzilla #2, Sucks #5, Sledgehammer #8, Metal Paper #5 and Metal Glory #5 have been added to the Fanzine archive.
- 2015-10-07 - Brain Damage #1 and #2 has been added to the Fanzine archive. 1 embarrasing fact: I can't for the life of me remember who originally sent me the scans of these. They were just laying around in the same old folder as the rest, already uploaded zines. If you think you're the guilty one, just drop me a line and I'll fix the credits.
- 2015-10-05 - Long overdue, I've rejuvenated the old fanzines.-special and it's now updated with new download links. I'm currently very keen on expanding this section of the site, so if you have any old rags laying around that might fit the profile and know how to use a scanner, please get in contact.
- 2015-10-03 - The Corroseum has undergone some minor redesigning and navigational improvements. The old 'A Dangerous Meeting'/Features-section is now split in two: Interviews ('A Dangerous Meeting') and Features ('Tales From The Crypt'), and I've removed the Trading ('Heavy Metal Hunter') section entirely and designated a thread in the forum for this instead. The 'Gates of Gehenna'/Hellcome/Home start-page has also recieved a face lift, with a detailed description of the site's content and structure.
2 more interesting sites has been added to Ye Olde Metal World Map: The Lithuanian Metal portal Ferrum, including an extensive Lithuanian Metal bands archive + Deutsche Mugge, a German music site with lots of GDR Metal band info.
- 2015-09-18 - It's premiere-time for a new feature on The Corroseum: Part I of Ye Olde Metal World Map is now launched! - a new and improved way to gather links and information about international Heavy Metal history - check it out + get in contact if you have more/better links to recommend. In order to fill some blank spots on the map I finally came around and made a proper site special out of forum member jnfernal's old Albanian Metal special - something I promised to do years ago but forgot about until now. As usual we've also added some more obscure compilation-pages: Forgotten Futures and Rock The City from the UK + Stock Music Collection: Rock and 1984 Rock: Sully S/Loire from France.
- 2015-08-26 - I've made another update to The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles, which now includes all 3 METALINDA singles. With this I'd like to correct a piece of old incorrect information: I previously wrote that their last single only included the same recordings as on their debut LP. This in not true - they are in fact different, earlier recordings which in turn qualifies this release (and the 2 before as an added bonus) for the page. A number of Supraphon sleeve-variations of other singles have also been added.
- 2015-08-22 - A true milestone has been reached today: The Corroseum's Compilopedia has now reached its 500th listing (!) with the addition of Wild Rags Records' Limited Edition double-EP, Rock 90 - The Year After, Ripp-Rocks Skiva and two Austrian completions: Heavy Metal Battle and Rock From The Heart Of Europe. We're celebrating by unleashing Volume 4 in the series of our listening companion compilation-compilations - Enjoy!
The 2 latter releses also inspired a Breakin' Records discography page, and while researching for that one I came upon the excellent AustroRock.at site, which has now been honored with a listing on The Corroseum's very selective links section.
- 2015-08-07 - The Metal Blade-section of The Olde Metal Labels Index has irked me for ages with its incompleteness and general ugliness, but has now been given a facelift and now includes all (?) 80's releases. Meanwhile the compilation-project marches on with two Volume 3's: Speed Kills and Doomsday News respectively, two Spaniards: Emision Pirata Volume 1 and Unidos Por El Rock Vol. I, as well as 2 local UK obscurities: Rumour Sets The Woods Alight and Points Of Departure.
- 2015-07-05 -5 US compilations: Little Rock Rocks 2, PYX 106 Albany's Best Rock'n'Roll, Z96: Rock To Riches 2, East Coast Metal and Underground Metal + one UK release, Monsters of Rock, has been added to the compilopedia.
- 2015-06-11 - This really cool blog on Portugese 80's Metal has been added to the link page. Tons of unique info to be found there! I've also made another small update to The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles, making it even more complete with the addition of 2 more Czech releases:
MARKÝZ JOHN - Lesní Muž/Ve Stínu Slovanské Lípy 7" 1989
TUBLATANKA - Skúsime To Cez Vesmír/Dnes 7" 1985
...as well as some 'rejection-lists'
added at the bottom of each country's section. Read more in the updated preamble.
...and a couple of comps: Molten Metal Monsters Vol. 1 and Karlshamns Musikforum 15 År.
- 2015-06-03 - More comps of all sorts and flavours: 60 Minute+ Heavy Metal Compilation from the UK, Friday Afternoon vol. 3 and Power Together from South Korea, Im Westen Nichts Neues from Holland, The New New England Debut Volume 1 and 2 from the US + an assload of Swedish mixed ones: Alsterett, Klipp-Rock volume 1 and 2, KURT, Music & Friendship, Musik I Skellefteå vol. II, Scendrag 85, Stjärnor I Öster, Val-81, Vätterzound and Vykort Från Malmö.
- 2015-05-17 - The fastest growing Olde Metal compilations encyclopedia in the world is growing still. From the US we get: The Recording Workshop: Advanced Workshop Winter '82, KLOL Talent 'N' Texas, Louisiana Music Festival, 96X Oklahoma Rocks, Decent Exposure '85 and The Decline Of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years. Some NWOBHM can be found on New Belief In Old Cities and Spit 'N' Finish. Japan represents with Heavy Metal Force Vol. 5, while Brazil offers us Rock Garagem and Rock Garagem 2. Doomsday News, finally, from Germany, mostly.
2015-05-04 - Finally! A proper Cogumelo Produções label index! Three little (literally) comps also added: The Second Wave Of New British Metal, We Remember Buddy Holly and Podri.
- 2015-04-22 - One last update before it's off to KIT! 4 comp CDs: Metal In Rocks Vol. 2 and Vol. 3, A Mountain Of Metal and Chicago Metal Works volume 5 ...and 2 LPs: North American Thrash Assault and Stuttgart Rock-Sampler.
- 2015-04-08 - A wide range of compilations both in format and origin have been added: Winnipeg Homegrown Vol. 1 LP, KAZY's Rocky Mountain Riffs CD and the Oregon Metal cassette from the USA, Harder Than A Millstone CD and Metal Power 5 7" from Holland, Thunda From Downunda LP from Australia and the 21st Youth Pop-Song Competition LP from Bulgaria. The "unofficial" Vol. 3 of the old downloadable Compilation-compilations has also been added to the site. Officially. Old links of Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 has been updated as well. Do - Not - Miss! ...and Medusa Records has been added to the label index.
- 2015-03-31 - One small and one large label has been added to The Corroseum's Olde Metal Labels Index: King Klassic and FEMS a.k.a. Far East Metal Syndicate.
- 2015-03-17 - Keir has kept himself busy while the Corroseum was absent. Here's 10 more comps from our man in America: Limburgs Orkesten Festival, 93 QFM Hometown Album Project, Apple Cellar Tapes, Castle Rock Compilation, Chemical Bond, Arctic Records Presents, Santa Barbara 1988, Fort Wayne Rocks Vol. 1, The Rockworks Album, Shootin' For The Stars.
- 2015-02-15 - I've finally updated the Metal Compilation Encyclopedia up to a point where I think it does at least give an alluring first impression of completeness. Not that it's anywhere near complete in real terms (let's not even mention the never-ending Mixed-comp project..)
, but I've filled a lot of obvious gaping holes. Very few UK comps missing (I can only think of one..) now that The Bailey Brothers Present: Diminished Responsibility,
UK Thrash Assault, Rock Meets Metal 2, The Metal Collection 2, KiKrock and It's Unheard Of! has been added to the list. The Russian/CCCP section should be 100% complete with the additions of Eesti Pop 11, Signalnaja Serija Plastinok vol. 1, Odnazhdy V R/K Vol. 1 and Muzyka Serdca. Further Eastern Bloc completions are the Czech Rockmapa vol. 4 CD, Polish Metal Shock and East German series Rock-Bilanz 1985, 1988 and 1989. On the western front we can finally read about California Metal, Metalstorm and
Voices Of A Red God. Warfare Noise 1 and 2 was long overdue, as was The Lost Tapes Of Cogumelo ...and Speed Kills 1 and 2! Other various oddities added are the Europe's Best Metal test pressing, Brigada Metalica from Uruguay, the Klein Circus 7" and Friday Afternoon vol. 2.
Furthermore, The Complete* Encyclopedia Of FirstWaveOfEasternHeavyMetal Singles has been updated to an even higher grade of Completeness, with 9 new additions!
In the Czechoslovakian subsection:
BUMERANG - Jen Jednou/Zeptám Se Racků
KARAMEL - Vzácný Nápoj/Básník S Barevnou Křídou
KERN - To Jsme My/Hledám Stále Ráj
MAKAR ČUDRA - Pán Pasteur/Nám Stačí Tak Málo
PROJEKTIL - Muž Ze Železných Hor/Planeta Gama
In the Hungarian subsection:
HIT-ROCK/SOLARIS - A Vén Csavargó Halála/Solaris
KORÁL - A Kőfalak Leomlanak/Ne Állj Meg Soha
ROLLS/IKARUS - Már Megtanultam Rég/Barát, Vagy Ellenség
...and finally the sensational V/A - Футбол России!
(Look out for the icon!)
Older Updates (2003-09-21