The North-American Heavy Metal 7" Guide (Ye Olde Obscure)

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
bigfootkit

Re: The North-American Heavy Metal 7" Guide (Ye Olde Obscure)

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:57 pm Updated with the following bands:
Uforia Sterling Cooke Voltz Tora Orphan Roland Quest Gavaldon Salty Dog Band Rocking Horse Web Child Syprus 1Way Lost Breed Paragon Shyzgifter
Make sure to check the site regularly, as Sampler volume 2 is soon to be released!
Excellent! About a 30/70 split between the familiar & the never-heard-of for me. Looking forward to poring over these. And a soon-to-come comp as well? You're spoiling us.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Actually, both comp volume 2 and volume 3 are complete. DaN has promised that volume 2 will come out before the Keep It True festival, and volume 3 will be released in a few months.

While volume 1 roughly had a 50/50 mix between hard rock and heavy metal, both volume 2 and 3 will focus more on metal. There will be a few tracks most of the members here will know (these comps are also aimed at newcomers to the scene), but some tracks will be completely new to all of you.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:21 am Actually, both comp volume 2 and volume 3 are complete. DaN has promised that volume 2 will come out before the Keep It True festival, and volume 3 will be released in a few months.
While volume 1 roughly had a 50/50 mix between hard rock and heavy metal, both volume 2 and 3 will focus more on metal. There will be a few tracks most of the members here will know (these comps are also aimed at newcomers to the scene), but some tracks will be completely new to all of you.
Looking forward to both of these when DaN has the time to share them. I greatly appreciate the work involved in both the reviewing & compiling, thank you. Enjoyed your latest writings very much despite the fact i now have yet more stuff to look into that i was previously blissfully unaware of. :lol: And my compliments on managing to find some sort of framework within which to describe that bizarre Shyzgifter 45, which can't have been easy. 'Oddly compelling' had previously been my go-to decription. Hats off to you sir, nice work.
Now go give Noisenik a hand naming the songs in the latest ep of the podcast, i'm sure you'll be able to make the 'score' even more respectable after he got things over the half-way point.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Oh, it looks like I haven't updated the review section since April. Sorry guys. Anyway I give you:

ASYLUM BLUE
DEAD SERIOS
EAZY
HATTERFOX
KRUZE KONTROL
MORRILL
NORMAN LANG
RAZOR
ROX STARR
VIRGIN STEEL

I'll try to be quicker next time, honest.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

And dare I say - if that RAZOR 45 had been released 1980 in London instead of in Rochester, New York - it would currently fetch obscene amounts of money.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

As always Khnud, many thanks for your efforts. Yet another batch of interesting looking discs that were mostly unkown to me previously all decoded in your inimitable style. Great stuff.
Whilst i remember, i was looking at this new book on amazon which i thought would likely interest you as it seems to be covering similar terrain to your area of investigation. No reviews yet, and p&p will likely make this very expensive, but i thought it was worth bringing it to your attention nevertheless:
https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Metal-Und ... 1627311408
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Khnud wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:03 pm Oh, it looks like I haven't updated the review section since April. Sorry guys. Anyway I give you:

ASYLUM BLUE
DEAD SERIOS
EAZY
HATTERFOX
KRUZE KONTROL
MORRILL
NORMAN LANG
RAZOR
ROX STARR
VIRGIN STEEL

I'll try to be quicker next time, honest.
:D
Knowledge Is Power
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:34 am As always Khnud, many thanks for your efforts. Yet another batch of interesting looking discs that were mostly unkown to me previously all decoded in your inimitable style. Great stuff.
Whilst i remember, i was looking at this new book on amazon which i thought would likely interest you as it seems to be covering similar terrain to your area of investigation. No reviews yet, and p&p will likely make this very expensive, but i thought it was worth bringing it to your attention nevertheless:
https://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Metal-Und ... 1627311408
Thank you. Yes, I was aware there was a book coming out, one of the authors mentioned it to me a while ago. I think the book lists every type of independent band, not just bands who released a 7".
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:54 pm Thank you. Yes, I was aware there was a book coming out, one of the authors mentioned it to me a while ago. I think the book lists every type of independent band, not just bands who released a 7".
I should have anticipated that you'd already be in the know, but better to hear twice than not at all.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

In these Halloween times, I promise there will be no tricks! Instead, I bring you the following heavy treats.

AQUILLA
CROSSROADS
FOXY ROXIE
FRENCHY
INTERFACE
NITE FIRE
PREMONITION
SANCTION
TWIN-WIRE
WHITE NOISE

https://thecorroseum.org/features/north ... /index.php
(yes, some of the images are unavailable at the moment. They will be working correctly soon)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud, you must by now be getting tired of reading my fulsome praise every time you drop a fresh batch of reviews, so i'll simply refer you to all my previous comments in this thread. :D
Arealdocjep509

Post by Arealdocjep509 »

Hope you do the Emerald 7" soon, one of my favorites. Love this list thanks for doing it. I have been collecting US metal 7"s for years now and still finding new bands I haven't heard of all the time thanks to this list and frantic searching
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

FINALLY "got my ass out of the wagon", to use an olde Swedish expression and sorted out Khnud's 2nd sampler for this project:

It's killer stuff as per usual - over to you, K!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Sweet, great looking cover, Dan! Let me know what you guys think, your feedback is what keeps me going!

Rest assured, this is just the beginning. Sampler #3 is already complete (but won't be released for a while) and I'm about halfway done with sampler #4.

And as always, stay tuned for even more obscure reviews. I've only reviewed 40% of my collection yet.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Arealdocjep509

Post by Arealdocjep509 »

Khnud, what has been your biggest surprise on a 7" you have not heard before purchasing? Also on the other end, your biggest disappointment?

Also do you have a holy grail US single that you're still after?