Do you like Running Wild?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
anthares

Do you like Running Wild?

Post by anthares »

Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

One thing i liked about Cast Iron is the production.I really couldn't tell if it was the 80ies or not.If some one told me "that's 84"i would damn believe it.It's almost the same with Gates To purgatory.

And yeah!Running Wild kick ass(and my fav band too along with Accept)
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Could Preacher Of Evil be a mixture of Εvil Spirit and the Preacher?hahaha :P

Running Form The Law kicks ASS!Cast Iron are by far better than Lonewolf(in my opinion)and the singer tries to be like Kasparek.And you know what:HE'S DOIN' A FUCKIN' GREAT JOB!Really roaring vocals here!

I guess your fav Wild lps are "Gates To Purgatory" and "Branded And Exiled",right? :P

WHERE DO I GET THE DEMO MAN?
All i need is a lady
anthares

Post by anthares »

Witchkiller wrote: WHERE DO I GET THE DEMO MAN?
If youre in KIT this weekend you might catch those guys with demos.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

anthares wrote:
Witchkiller wrote: WHERE DO I GET THE DEMO MAN?
If youre in KIT this weekend you might catch those guys with demos.
I won't be but i already made them a request from my band's page at Myspace.So i'll talk the details out with the boyz!

LEATHER AND METAL!

FOREVER!
All i need is a lady
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

What's this?! A kick ass HEAVY METAL band in this day and age. Yes the production is great because they sound so authentic 80s metal. And WTH they're from my homeland!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Strong and passionate heavy metal, but they are lifting the Running Wild themes the way Stormwarrior are doing with the Helloween material. To tell the truth, i'm having a hard time listening to copy-pasted riffs generally and i don't see why Cast of Iron can make the difference. They capture the feeling, but with no inspiration, sadly. I think they must try to find a more personal sound... I love Running Wild, but unfortunately this thing does nothing for me...

Out from hell is lifting Fight the oppression, Running from the law is lifting Black demon, Leather and Metal is lifting Chains and leather etc etc.

Even the singer looks like Kasparek for god's sake!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I always felt that there's not enough Heavy Metal that sounds like Gates to Purgatory / Branded and Exiled era Running Wild. I don't mind clones if they're good. Take NINJA for example. They sound very much like ACCEPT How ever I enjoy them a lot and maybe it's because they have a slight personality of their own that makes the difference. And that's why I agree with this:
ION BRITTON wrote:I think they must try to find a more personal sound
I'll wait and see how this band develops
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

BTW!...the new Running Wild album name was revealed!....Under Jolly Rojer 2:The return to porta royal!

no kidding i read it this week on blabbermouth.net

cheerz guys! :D
MEXDefenderOfSteel

man even the guitar sound is Running Wild.....i dont care,i i like it! :P (even the leather vests haha)
DMR

Post by DMR »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:BTW!...the new Running Wild album name was revealed!....Under Jolly Rojer 2:The return to porta royal!

Ha ha ha! A little late for an April Fool's joke, but pretty damn funny.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

DMR wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:BTW!...the new Running Wild album name was revealed!....Under Jolly Rojer 2:The return to porta royal!

Ha ha ha! A little late for an April Fool's joke, but pretty damn funny.
unless that site folled me....then yeah, but i read it imma investigate more about it
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Well,i lost faith in the Captain from Rivalry and forth(btw Rivalry was not bad but it lacks quality compared to Masquerade and back).The last 3 lps are crap(in my opinion that is)and i think that my fav band of all times(in music generaly,not just metal)should disband.Rock 'n'Rolf is tired and THAT'S A FACT!
All i need is a lady
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Witchkiller wrote:
Well,i lost faith in the Captain from Rivalry and forth(btw Rivalry was not bad but it lacks quality compared to Masquerade and back).The last 3 lps are crap(in my opinion that is)and i think that my fav band of all times(in music generaly,not just metal)should disband.Rock 'n'Rolf is tired and THAT'S A FACT!
C'mon,The Rivalry album from 1997 is the best RUNNING WILD album since Death Or Glory.Not a single second boring.Some of their best songs are to be found there.

I can understand why someone think it is boring because of the long length of the album but in this case it is not true.

The Brotherhood album was very great even the two bonus tracks which are in the digipack.

I downloaded CAST IRON-Leather And Metal and i can say that they are quite good.Yes they sound exactly like Branded And Exiled but who cares.Sometimes originality doesn't play significant role.The echo of the vocals,the guitar sound,solos all are like German mid80's metal.

The only song that reminded me T-O-O much from RUNNING WILD was the ''Leather And Metal'' which is identical to ''Leather And Chains''.Glad that there are many new bands around inspired and following the 80's ''bad'' sound.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Fucking Åmål wrote:C'mon,The Rivalry album from 1997 is the best RUNNING WILD album since Death Or Glory.Not a single second boring.Some of their best songs are to be found there.

I.
NO FUCKIN' WAY MAN!Rivalry AIN'T GOT S-H-I-T compared to ULTRA MEGA CLASSICS like Masquerade,Blazon Stone,Black Hand Inn and Pile Skulls!All of those four ARE essentials and tear the heart out of Rivalry.There's no Treasure Island,no Lions Of The Sea,no Genesis,no WhiteMasque,no Phantom Of Black Hand Hill,no The crypt/Masquarade or Blazon Stone in Rivalry.It's a descent lp but compared to the glorious past of the best Heavy Metal bands of all times it's a sore loser!What ever Running Wild put out from HEAVY METAL LIKE A HAMMERBLOW 'till MASQUERADE is an absolute classic and along with the glory days of Accept,those lps are Heavy Metal's leading force

Oh,no need to say that all of the above are just an opinion,right?
All i need is a lady