The Metal Compilopedia

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

ah yes! i thought i remembered the cover.doesnt show up too often
Prezzo finale: EUR 39,99
so i suppose the price u paid includes shipping
im curious if thats any good? im sure u ll let us know :D
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MassOfKthulu wrote:ah yes! i thought i remembered the cover.doesnt show up too often
Prezzo finale: EUR 39,99
so i suppose the price u paid includes shipping
im curious if thats any good? im sure u ll let us know :D
Yeah, that's the one. I guess I owe you for bringing it to my attention. I remember reading something about an exclusive DANGER ZONE-track on a comp long ago, but this is the first time I've ever heard the title + seen the brilliant cover art = should be quite rare = €51 total might not be too overpriced.

..and there's a band called ANGELKILLERS on it so how could one NOT buy it?
Keir

Post by Keir »

MassOfKthulu wrote:has anyone seen or owns the metal maniac LP-durum records-with danger zone,strana officina etc tracks?
I was working on a review of that one and meant to have it done for the last update, but didn't get to finish it. It is quite rare, though I only paid $30 for mine (and half of that was shipping). Dan, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed with the Danger Zone track. There is some good stuff on there though.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

alright bah another for the wantlist
tomas

Post by tomas »

I've been trying to download this compilation for two days. I HATE RAPIDSHARE!!!!!!
Can anyone reupload it with megaupload/mediafire/...? Thanks!
But does it slay witches?
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

MassOfKthulu wrote:has anyone seen or owns the metal maniac LP-durum records-with danger zone,strana officina etc tracks?
I do,it's quite common to find here in Italy,published in 1987 by Durium records(the same label of Vanadium,by the way Domenico Prantera,their bass player,produced this compilation),this is the tracklist and a brief comment:

Vanadium --- Run too Fast
Skanners --- Starlight
Gow --- I want it now
Danger Zone --- I can't live without you
Halloween --- It's not love
Strana Officina --- Metal Brigade
Angelkillers --- A ticket for hell
Nuclear Symphony --- One day we will be all the same
Sabotage --- Nightkiller

Vanadium,it's taken from the lp Born to Fight(1986)so nothing new,stuff in their classic duelling guitar/keys vein.

Skanners,taken from the first lp Dirty Armada(1986),they come from Trentino(partly German-speaking region of Italy,so you can find typical german influences in their power but melodic sound).

Gow --- founded in 1980 they recorded an lp(Mr Tippel Gow,1984)and three 7" by 1985 all in the vein of Free,Bad Company,then,in 1986, they changed 3/5 of line up and recorded several demos in the style of Dokken/Lion(by the way great stuff,IMO :wink: );in 1988 under the fake monicker of Steel Grave played two songs(Steel Grave and Knight of the Nights) in the soundtrack of "Opera" by the italian master of horror Dario Argento.

Danger Zone --- after Victim Of Time DZ changed line up and mpved toward commercial american sound(Rough Cutt/Kiss Animalize/Lick it Up era),so they recorded a second Lp(never released),this one is the only official track released with the new line up(of course demos and copies of the master of the second lp are exchanged by the fans).

Halloween --- Born in 1982 as an epic metal band(a four track demo) debuted with the track "Vikings" in Heavy Metal Eruption(1983),then they changed direction and became a glam metal band(L.A.D.Y. mini lp 1985),this their last song to be officially released.

Strana Officina --- Italian prime mover(founded as an hard rock trio in 1973!!!),then in the vein of Saxon/Priest,this song is one their best anthem,originally published in 1987 in their second mini lp The Ritual,in this compilation is a live version taken from a gig played in Firenze(Florence) in 1986:this song is dedicated to Golden Drakes a big italian bikers chapter , the very first version had italian lyrics(intitled "Difendi La Fede" in english "Defend The Faith",if someone has the four box lp by Molten Metal productions edited in 2008 can listen this and others unreleased songs).

Angelkillers --- Founded in 1985 in the north of Italy(Cremona)they recorded two demos,this song is their only official release on lp,a good U.S. Power/thrash oriented band.

Nuclear Symphony --- From the very deep southof Italy(Sicilia), started in 1980 as Quasar as prog band(!),then moved to U.S. Power/Thrash in their several demos and finally became a thrash metal act;this song is their debut on vinyl and you can find here only,then,in 1989,relesed their only full lenght album Lost In Woderland.

Sabotage --- another italian prime mover band,this song originally had italian lyrics(you can listen the original version "Killer della Notte" on "Rumore Nel Vento" a best of their early years released by Jolly Roger records in 2009,note that the singer in the original version is Giancarlo Fontani while here and in their officila LP of the 80's is Morby);this version is taken from debut lp "Behind The Lines"(1986)and is a powerful speed metal killer song!

P.S. By the way Dan,here in Italy you can find copies paying about 30/40 euro maximum(VG or Mint,sometimes i can still find sealed copies :wink: )
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

thanks,i already bought and have a mint copy for 30 euro postage included.
yes i have seen Opera by argento and i loved the music(and the movie,his second best for me after Suspiria)took me a while to realise that the band was GOW,whose LP i still do not have,under a different name!
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

As i said before Gow published three 7",the rarest is the last one "Fire/Headbangers" and was published in Greece only :!: by Industry records Co. in 1985(these tracks can also be founded in their demos).
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Someone know v/a 99.5 KISS LP ??? Is there more Heavy Metal bands or just LIQUID SKY? I try to bid on this one.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

i have the comp "total virulence", which is a comp of french death/thrash bands. its from 1990, so i'm not sure if its out of scope for the encyclopedia, but the track list is:

side A:
loudblast - punishment to come
merciless - without christ
scrotum - sudden war
aleister - schizophrenia

side B:
mestema - unknown reality
deathpower - open your eyes
frayeurs - step forward
braindeath - the light beyond

some decent stuff on there, i can scan/rip it if there is need or interest
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I used to own that one. Kinda 50/50 on the NewWaveOfDeathMetal-side as I remember it, so I'm not sure if I'm gonna add it or not. There's a few others like this one I've currently put at the bottom of the to-do pile...
Keir

Post by Keir »

lunaboy wrote:Someone know v/a 99.5 KISS LP ??? Is there more Heavy Metal bands or just LIQUID SKY? I try to bid on this one.
No other metal bands. You'll be able to read a full review on the site after I win it. Now stay away! :P
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Keir wrote:
lunaboy wrote:Someone know v/a 99.5 KISS LP ??? Is there more Heavy Metal bands or just LIQUID SKY? I try to bid on this one.
No other metal bands. You'll be able to read a full review on the site after I win it. Now stay away! :P
:lol: OK.Anyway Im not interested in mixed bag compilations.Better I try to bid on this one :

Keir

Post by Keir »

Guess I spoke too soon. It's already more expensive than the one rattlehead sold a while back.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Silent Rage band on Chicago Metal Works is not this one right??