Metal Labels Index 4.0

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:Possible next label - Rockwerk Records? :)
New to me. I recognized a few titles after some looking around, but I can't quite figure out if it's a "real" Metal label or not...

Btw:
Avenger wrote:D & S:

DS318-0021 - I'm pretty sure that this is the Salvage - S/T album, also exists on CD from the same year, although, without any CAT #.
I've never seen or heard about a vinyl version of this record. Got a source?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

DaN wrote:
Avenger wrote:Possible next label - Rockwerk Records? :)
New to me. I recognized a few titles after some looking around, but I can't quite figure out if it's a "real" Metal label or not...

Btw:
Avenger wrote:D & S:

DS318-0021 - I'm pretty sure that this is the Salvage - S/T album, also exists on CD from the same year, although, without any CAT #.
I've never seen or heard about a vinyl version of this record. Got a source?
No source as information on this label is very scarce on the internet. I thought that perhaps stating my hunch would spark further conversation to figure it out though.

P.S. Update my last bunch of corrections, haha...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Regarding ROCKWERK :

EXPLODER seem to be the only Metal band there ... Surely Jutta Weingold would count ... 20 yrs ago.

I suggest CLEOPATRA, MFM ... 8)
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Avenger wrote:No source as information on this label is very scarce on the internet. I thought that perhaps stating my hunch would spark further conversation to figure it out though.

P.S. Update my last bunch of corrections, haha...
I think SALVAGE was just one of the many CD-only releases by D&S in the 90's - I've got a feeling I would have seen a reference to an LP somewhere by now if it really existed.
Updates done, thanx. (ha, thought I'd already done them..)
Btw, I cut the Avanzada Metalica page short by their last (?) vinyl release since thereabouts is where they steered in a more Death Metal-direction = a bit off topic.
Noisenik wrote:I suggest CLEOPATRA, MFM ... 8)
I checked up on Cleopatra before but wrote them off the list, either because I could only find 2-3 albums made (Renegade and S.A.S. come to mind), or they had too many non-Metal releases.

I started a Metal For Melbourne page long ago, but could only find these:

MFM 1 Black Jack - Five Pieces O' Eight MLP 1985

MFM 2 Taramis - Queen Of Theives LP 1987

MFM 3?

M4MLP0004 Virgin Soldiers – Watching The World LP 1990

...plus a hint that the original 7"-version of the TAIPAN ep might also be on this label. Got more info? I remember I found a MySpace page of the lady who ran the store/label back in the day, but since I don't use MS I never got in touch with her.
hload

Post by hload »

Noisenik wrote:Regarding ROCKWERK :

EXPLODER seem to be the only Metal band there ... Surely Jutta Weingold would count ... 20 yrs ago.

I suggest CLEOPATRA, MFM ... 8)
i don't think raptor, d.horizons, extrerior and silence creation play pank. 8) actually i love these releases. and i'm spinning them from time to time.

i would suggest gorgon-inline-battery. i care the less bout the format,though. :P all i know is that some of my personal faves of the 90's are in these labels/studios/distributions/whatever. and mr.avenger would agree....
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:I started a Metal For Melbourne page long ago, but could only find these:

MFM 3?

I remember I found a MySpace page of the lady who ran the store/label back in the day, but since I don't use MS I never got in touch with her.
MFM 3 was 'Taramis-Stretch Of The Imagination' CD

Here's the link for Greta who ran the label/shop:
http://www.myspace.com/metalformelbourne

I don't think there were anymore releases on MFM!???
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Korgüll wrote:
DaN wrote:I started a Metal For Melbourne page long ago, but could only find these:

MFM 3?

I remember I found a MySpace page of the lady who ran the store/label back in the day, but since I don't use MS I never got in touch with her.
MFM 3 was 'Taramis-Stretch Of The Imagination' CD

Here's the link for Greta who ran the label/shop:
http://www.myspace.com/metalformelbourne

I don't think there were anymore releases on MFM!???
Cheers, Tom! You might be right that those were the only ones, though metalpage.de claims the Taipan 7" was on MFM too. Do you have MySpace and think you could send Greta a line to check? :)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

hload wrote:

i don't think raptor, d.horizons, extrerior and silence creation play pank. 8) actually i love these releases. and i'm spinning them from time to time.

i would suggest gorgon-inline-battery. i care the less bout the format,though. :P all i know is that some of my personal faves of the 90's are in these labels/studios/distributions/whatever. and mr.avenger would agree....
I appologize for really bad use of data available. (I'm ageing faster than the rest.) :oops: :roll: But you forgot to mention stuff like Kymera and Stretta.

Gorgon-Inline-Battery connection seconded.
hload

Post by hload »

Noisenik wrote:
hload wrote:

I appologize for really bad use of data available. (I'm ageing faster than the rest.) :oops: :roll: But you forgot to mention stuff like Kymera and Stretta.

Gorgon-Inline-Battery connection seconded.

thanx.kymera is a mediocre one. never cared 'bout stretta also. so how shall we proceed on gorgon-inline-battery? photos?catalogue numbers etc etc?
Velho Clint

WOODSTOCK DISCOS

Post by Velho Clint »

If anyone knows more about this release, please get in contact, either via the forum or by e-mail. WSK 114 ? ? ? 1987
http://www.thecorroseum.com/labels/woodstock.html

The WSK 114 is the LP VOIVOD ROOOOAAAARRRR

LOOK:
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB- ... dstock-_JM
Noisenik

Re: WOODSTOCK DISCOS

Post by Noisenik »

Velho Clint wrote:
If anyone knows more about this release, please get in contact, either via the forum or by e-mail. WSK 114 ? ? ? 1987
http://www.thecorroseum.com/labels/woodstock.html

The WSK 114 is the LP VOIVOD ROOOOAAAARRRR

LOOK:
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB- ... dstock-_JM

What a debut! :lol: A piece of Woodstock puzzle is now surely solved. Btw. greetings to Sao Paulo.

And erm, DaN, Carcass - Heartwork is from 1993, not 1990. I know there's not much to be cared for there, but anyway ...
GJ

Post by GJ »

Addition to the Bellaphon/Bacillus catalogue:

Talon - Hatred grows slowly (b-side Time could not heal)
was also released as a 7 inch
Catalogue Number: 100-09-018

Slightly different cover compared to the 12 inch version:
Company logo in the upper left corner; catalogue number to the right; no 45 RMP text.
I'll scan it some time next year...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

The Taipan 7" is on "Central Station Records and Tapes" with no matrix code or catalogue # except 'taipan-a' and 'taipan-b' marked in the dead wax.

on a side note, the picture sleeve on this single is so killer, what were Bullet thinking when the discarded it for that crap cover art used on the 12"?
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Noisenik wrote:And erm, DaN, Carcass - Heartwork is from 1993, not 1990.
DarN, I thought he'd fixed that.
I know there's not much to be cared for there, but anyway ...
Heartwork's a bloody great album, DamN it!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Ernest Thesiger wrote: Heartwork's a bloody great album, DamN it!
It is close to excellence, but not in the sense of classic 80's vinylmania. :wink:
Last edited by Noisenik on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.