Destiny's End - Breathe Deep the Dark

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Cirith Falcon

Destiny's End - Breathe Deep the Dark

Post by Cirith Falcon »

I've just posted a massive entry on the debut Destiny's End album, Breathe Deep the Dark, on my blog. It includes MP3s of the entire disc, plus the previously unreleased "Japanese" bonus track "Thief of Life." Happy reading and downloading, folks!

Here's the link:
http://unvanquishablefalcon.blogspot.co ... -dark.html

"Life ends so fast / So take your chance and make it last." -Chuck Schuldiner, "Pull the Plug"
Lama

Post by Lama »

One of the best power metal albums of the nineties! I reviewed it for HellSpawn mag and did a live interview with James on my radio show back in the day. I've heard that it'll be released on vinyl in the near future. Is that correct?
Kampel Destruction
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

thanks for this! first time i have the chance to listen to this and is starting to be as good (or maybe more?) as Transition.

I think ill have to add it to my want list
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Grabbing this & the 1997 demos now. Thanks for these files & your illuminating weblog posts.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Ernest Thesiger

Hmm, the album version of "Idle City / The Fortress Unvanquishable" is either not on the server or linked wrongly. At least it provides encouragement to seek out an original copy.
Cirith Falcon

Post by Cirith Falcon »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Hmm, the album version of "Idle City / The Fortress Unvanquishable" is either not on the server or linked wrongly. At least it provides encouragement to seek out an original copy.
Thanks for the heads-up, Ernest! I've fixed the link. Try downloading "Fortress" again. ;)
Lama wrote:One of the best power metal albums of the nineties! I reviewed it for HellSpawn mag and did a live interview with James on my radio show back in the day. I've heard that it'll be released on vinyl in the near future. Is that correct?
Lama, I haven't heard any rumors about Breathe Deep the Dark being released on vinyl. Do you know who proposed to release it as an LP? Please let me know! I've always felt that analog recordings work best on wax, so you won't hear Breathe Deep suddenly becoming this warm/fat record. It'll be cool from a collecting perspective, though! It was a digital recording/mix/master job (DDD). Joe Floyd's original mix of Transition really deserves the vinyl treatment, though, 'cause that was originally recorded and mixed in analog.

Cheers for the kind words, people!! :twisted:
"Life ends so fast / So take your chance and make it last." -Chuck Schuldiner, "Pull the Plug"
Ernest Thesiger

Cirith Falcon wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, Ernest! I've fixed the link. Try downloading "Fortress" again.
Dunnit! Thanks again for uploading some excellent HM.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Amazing album, will buy vinyl for sure!
Marken

Post by Marken »

Good album, but Transition is a little better. Just a little. The reason is a song called Storm Clouds.
akira

Post by akira »

Is there a possibility to post original mix of Transition, which isn't on the released cd?
Lama

Post by Lama »

Cirith Falcon wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:Hmm, the album version of "Idle City / The Fortress Unvanquishable" is either not on the server or linked wrongly. At least it provides encouragement to seek out an original copy.
Thanks for the heads-up, Ernest! I've fixed the link. Try downloading "Fortress" again. ;)
Lama wrote:One of the best power metal albums of the nineties! I reviewed it for HellSpawn mag and did a live interview with James on my radio show back in the day. I've heard that it'll be released on vinyl in the near future. Is that correct?
Lama, I haven't heard any rumors about Breathe Deep the Dark being released on vinyl. Do you know who proposed to release it as an LP? Please let me know! I've always felt that analog recordings work best on wax, so you won't hear Breathe Deep suddenly becoming this warm/fat record. It'll be cool from a collecting perspective, though! It was a digital recording/mix/master job (DDD). Joe Floyd's original mix of Transition really deserves the vinyl treatment, though, 'cause that was originally recorded and mixed in analog.

Cheers for the kind words, people!! :twisted:
I did an interview with James when he was in Belgium with Sabbath Judas Sabbath (end 2010), and brought up the idea of a vinyl version of the album. He said that it was already in the works. No further info was given though.
Kampel Destruction
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

akira wrote:Is there a possibility to post original mix of Transition, which isn't on the released cd?
Perry made that also available on his blog, and it's really a night and day difference!

Excellent write up as usual, delightful and informative read.
Cirith Falcon

Post by Cirith Falcon »

Lama wrote:I did an interview with James when he was in Belgium with Sabbath Judas Sabbath (end 2010), and brought up the idea of a vinyl version of the album. He said that it was already in the works. No further info was given though.
Okay, Lama, thanks for the info. Nobody has contacted me, Dan DeLucie or Brian Craig about Breathe Deep the Dark being released on vinyl. Needless to say I, Dan, Brian, Nardo and even Metal Blade (whether we like it or not) will have to be involved for a legitimate LP to be issued.
akira wrote:Is there a possibility to post original mix of Transition, which isn't on the released cd?
Akira, here's the link to Joe Floyd's original mix of Transition:
http://unvanquishablefalcon.blogspot.co ... s-mix.html

Enjoy and share!!
eatmetalgreg

Post by eatmetalgreg »

ONE OF MY 3 FAVORITE ALBUMS OF THE 90'S !!!!!!!!!!!

Worshiped since the first day of release !!!!

bang your head fest- summer 2000 , 10:30 in the morning..ONE OF THE TOP CONCERTS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Transition is a great album, but this is pure magic!!!!

And by the way, Perry, it's always been my dream to release this on vinyl on EAT METAL RECORDS, Would you be interested?
epic metal rules !
Cirith Falcon

Post by Cirith Falcon »

eatmetalgreg wrote:ONE OF MY 3 FAVORITE ALBUMS OF THE 90'S !!!!!!!!!!! Worshiped since the first day of release !!!!

Transition is a great album, but this is pure magic!!!!
Cheers, Mr. Heavy Load!
eatmetalgreg wrote:bang your head fest- summer 2000 , 10:30 in the morning..ONE OF THE TOP CONCERTS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!!!!!!
I appreciate the thought, even though I left the band just before BYH 2000. I was at Wacken '99, of course.
eatmetalgreg wrote:And by the way, Perry, it's always been my dream to release this on vinyl on EAT METAL RECORDS, Would you be interested?
Maybe bootleg it and send the DE guys copies, eh? :P Metal Baldy owns the master tapes.