Top Items (OLD'n'LOCKED)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
User avatar
OmenOfSteel
Posts: 565

Post#31 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:42 am

doomedplanet wrote:I am curious where you found this? : TYRUS - SAME Testpress LP (USA)
Got it from USA, about a year ago. Not the same source where you got yours :wink:
We praise the blood that metal brings

User avatar
doomedplanet
Posts: 2050

Post#32 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:12 pm

I know it didn't come from Jim since he only had the one copy. I was curious if maybe it came from original owner of Greenworld distribution since this was not in their stock when they sold their warehouse stock to a US mailorder dealer back in the early 90's. Nor were the mastertapes from the label. Was there anything with the record like an insert, promo flyer, etc?
OmenOfSteel wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:I am curious where you found this? : TYRUS - SAME Testpress LP (USA)
Got it from USA, about a year ago. Not the same source where you got yours :wink:

User avatar
OmenOfSteel
Posts: 565

Post#33 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:41 pm

doomedplanet wrote:Was there anything with the record like an insert, promo flyer, etc?
Nope, nothing.
We praise the blood that metal brings

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1585

Post#34 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Image

Here's some rare records in my collection. It's hard to collect in my age though, I started collecting vinyl when I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now. I don't have that big collection (yet). You don't get much money in my age...

The 7''s is (from left to right):

Witchfinder General, Sweet Savage, Iona, Gypsy, Cynic, Battleaxe, Mithrandir, Fugitive, Tyrant, Marz, Argus, Stormqueen, Arc, Apocalypse, Spitfire, Zone Zero, Flame, Shakespeare, Vampa, Faith, Crystal Pride, Charity, Capricorn, Stitch and Heavy Load.

I guess you can see what the 12''s is.

Image

This is my favourite poster in my collection. Original Zone Zero.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Andreas
Posts: 412

Post#35 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Damn this is a frustrating topic :). Only collecting for four years on a tight budget, and having a collection like dirty rocker. I wonder what it would have been with a decent budget.

I don't have any top items, only vinyl whit a sentimental value, for instance my vulcano tape with letter from guitar player, and my 80's thrash collection. I'm just starting to find rarer pieces.
The rarest piece I have is a demo pic lp from cradle of filth (shame on me)

humus
Posts: 1465
Contact:

Post#36 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:54 pm

Dirty Rocker wrote:Here's some rare records in my collection. It's hard to collect in my age though, I started collecting vinyl when I was 13 years old. I'm 17 now. I don't have that big collection (yet). You don't get much money in my age...
Quality over quantity I guess :shock:

User avatar
Dirty Rocker
Posts: 1585

Post#37 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:04 pm

I've been pretty lucky with my collection. I found my first really rare record when I was about 13-14 years old... It was Arc - War of the Ring 7'', original, for 10 dollars. That gave me a great start. Then I found Traitors Gate 12'' for the same price, and Damascus for 20 dollars and so on. And then I started to collect on swedish metal singles, but traded everything away against NWOBHM-singles. Now I collect everything. (Though, I've always bought common lps from priest, maiden, saxon. I can't live without em').
I've laid every penny I've got, on records and beer. Until a year ago, when I needed to buy some new clothes etc. 8) Now, I'm on it again.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL

User avatar
Nightlock
Posts: 1309

Post#38 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:00 pm

I don’t own all that much rare stuff yet some of my prized possessions:

Jag Panzer Azra / Iron Works “license to kill” (Ample Destruction)
All early Stormwitch LP’s
Azra / Iron Works Overkill – s/t EP
Living Death – Back to the Weapons EP
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"

BlackStele
Posts: 858

Post#39 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:25 pm

I'll write down some of My Precious Items:
PARADOXX-PLAN OF ATTAK
LEATHER NUNN-TAKE THE NIGHT(SEALED!)
REDEEMER-THE LIGHT IS STRUCK...
STRYCHNINE-NO ESCAPE/LIVE OR DIE(7")
LORD RYUR-HEROES AFTER HEROES/PACT WITH THE SINNER(7")
WYZARD-KNIGHTS OF METAL
CROWHAVEN-EMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT
RAVENBITCH-TEAR DOWN THE WALLS
DRAGONNE-ON DRAGONS WINGS(SIGNED BY JEFF SCOTTO!)
RIPPER-..AND THE DEAD SHALL RISE(AZRA,GOLD VINYL, No1OF 1 COPY!)
SOLAR EAGLE-SAME
BERSERKS-SAME
GRAVEN IMAGE-PEOPLE IN HELL WANT ICE WATER(12")
LUST(FR)-WE'LL NEVER DIE
AUROCH-SAME
STONEHENGE(NZ)-WINGS OF STEEL
VEXX-III(RED VINYL)
SATAN'S HOST-METAL FROM HELL(RED VINYL, WEB001)
ASHBURY-ENDLESS SKIES
VAVEL-SAME
ARTCH-FOR THE SHAKE OF MANKIND LP
DECOY PARIS-LOVE ON THE RUN
CHILD SAINT-SAME

..and many others such as HARD LUCK/DANGER ZONE/ADRAMELCH/MYSTRESS/HEATHENS RAGE/DDT/HYKSOS/S.A. SLAYER/THATCHER/ARMAGEDDON/HELLEN/EMERALD(US)/HAMMERON/KILLEN/XCEL/DIRECT TOUCH/MASQUE/CLIENTELLE, etc, etc...

Pictures soon to follow, for the time being, watch this:




Image

Image

User avatar
mordred
Posts: 1719

Post#40 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:01 pm

My collection of swedish steel obviously. Some of the rarest (not necessarily best) ones are:

SAVAGERS - Preacher of Steel MLP
SQUETTERS 7" EP
GOTHAM CITY 7"
TREASURE 7"
PARADIZE 7"
TROUBLE - Warrior LP
220 VOLT - first 7"
WIZZARD 7"
BEHEMOTH 7"
CHIRON 7"
DEPZON 7"
GRAVE 7"
KEEN HUE 7"
ONYX 7" EP
R & R 7"
RISING 7"
SILVER MOUNTAIN 7"
VICTIM 7"
In some lost corner of the world there sits a leprechaun laughing merrily atop a mountain of mysteriously lost LP innersleeves

roihlem
Posts: 814

Post#41 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:38 pm

BlackStele wrote:I'll write down some of My Precious Items:
PARADOXX-PLAN OF ATTAK
LEATHER NUNN-TAKE THE NIGHT(SEALED!)
REDEEMER-THE LIGHT IS STRUCK...
STRYCHNINE-NO ESCAPE/LIVE OR DIE(7")
LORD RYUR-HEROES AFTER HEROES/PACT WITH THE SINNER(7")
WYZARD-KNIGHTS OF METAL
CROWHAVEN-EMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT
RAVENBITCH-TEAR DOWN THE WALLS
DRAGONNE-ON DRAGONS WINGS(SIGNED BY JEFF SCOTTO!)
RIPPER-..AND THE DEAD SHALL RISE(AZRA,GOLD VINYL, No1OF 1 COPY!)
SOLAR EAGLE-SAME
BERSERKS-SAME
GRAVEN IMAGE-PEOPLE IN HELL WANT ICE WATER(12")
LUST(FR)-WE'LL NEVER DIE
AUROCH-SAME
STONEHENGE(NZ)-WINGS OF STEEL
VEXX-III(RED VINYL)
SATAN'S HOST-METAL FROM HELL(RED VINYL, WEB001)
ASHBURY-ENDLESS SKIES
VAVEL-SAME
ARTCH-FOR THE SHAKE OF MANKIND LP
DECOY PARIS-LOVE ON THE RUN
CHILD SAINT-SAME

..and many others such as HARD LUCK/DANGER ZONE/ADRAMELCH/MYSTRESS/HEATHENS RAGE/DDT/HYKSOS/S.A. SLAYER/THATCHER/ARMAGEDDON/HELLEN/EMERALD(US)/HAMMERON/KILLEN/XCEL/DIRECT TOUCH/MASQUE/CLIENTELLE, etc, etc...
:shock: nice collection :D

User avatar
DaN
Administructor
Posts: 6608
Contact:

Post#42 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:57 pm

BlackStele wrote:I'll write down some of My Precious Items:
PARADOXX-PLAN OF ATTAK
LEATHER NUNN-TAKE THE NIGHT(SEALED!)
REDEEMER-THE LIGHT IS STRUCK...
STRYCHNINE-NO ESCAPE/LIVE OR DIE(7")
LORD RYUR-HEROES AFTER HEROES/PACT WITH THE SINNER(7")
WYZARD-KNIGHTS OF METAL
CROWHAVEN-EMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT
RAVENBITCH-TEAR DOWN THE WALLS
DRAGONNE-ON DRAGONS WINGS(SIGNED BY JEFF SCOTTO!)
RIPPER-..AND THE DEAD SHALL RISE(AZRA,GOLD VINYL, No1OF 1 COPY!)
SOLAR EAGLE-SAME
BERSERKS-SAME
GRAVEN IMAGE-PEOPLE IN HELL WANT ICE WATER(12")
LUST(FR)-WE'LL NEVER DIE
AUROCH-SAME
STONEHENGE(NZ)-WINGS OF STEEL
VEXX-III(RED VINYL)
SATAN'S HOST-METAL FROM HELL(RED VINYL, WEB001)
ASHBURY-ENDLESS SKIES
VAVEL-SAME
ARTCH-FOR THE SHAKE OF MANKIND LP
DECOY PARIS-LOVE ON THE RUN
CHILD SAINT-SAME

..and many others such as HARD LUCK/DANGER ZONE/ADRAMELCH/MYSTRESS/HEATHENS RAGE/DDT/HYKSOS/S.A. SLAYER/THATCHER/ARMAGEDDON/HELLEN/EMERALD(US)/HAMMERON/KILLEN/XCEL/DIRECT TOUCH/MASQUE/CLIENTELLE, etc, etc...
WHAT??? You don't have MILITA, SLAUTER XTROYES, WIDOW(UK), FLAMES OF HELL, MEZMERIST etc...? GAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Naw.. Just kiddin'. I'm thoroughly impressed. Can only match BERSERKS, ARTCH, CHILD SAINT, S.A. SLAYER (all 3), HYKSOS and ADRAMELCH there...
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

Fucking Åmål
Posts: 1373

Post#43 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:43 am

BlackStele wrote:I'll write down some of My Precious Items:

SOLAR EAGLE-SAME
Can You post the BACKCOVER of SOLAR EAGLE in high resolution(if you can) it would be great since i adore SOLAR EAGLE.I think i will never be able to find(and to afford such a thing)an original for myself :cry:

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6645

Post#44 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:49 am

DaN wrote: S.A. SLAYER (all 3)
3rd? Which one do you mean? The split live LP with the other Slayer?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
The Sentinel
Posts: 3517

Post#45 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:14 pm

Is the Strychnine 7" as rare as the rest from that list?
Long Live The Loud !!!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests