WANTED: Greek metal (80s/90s) of all varieties

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
Spinal

WANTED: Greek metal (80s/90s) of all varieties

Post#1 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:29 pm

Greetings,

I collect Greek metal of all styles and formats. vinyl, tapes, cds, shirts, zines, etc. (black, death, heavy, power, doom, etc.) from the 1980s and 1990s. First and foremost out of passion, but also for the sake of writing a book covering the old Hellenic scene.

So, if you have anything you want to sell/trade or just want to share some thoughts, feel free to get in contact with me via this post or a PM.

Regards from Sweden!
Johan

DaN
Administructor

Re: WANTED: Greek metal (80s/90s) of all varieties

Post#2 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:21 am

Short phone comment:
Country-specific books/encyclopedias reign. Awesome to hear a new one is in the making! Looking forward to follow this...

(Eru f ö möjligen 08:a?)
Veterans of the Various-Wars - New Corroseum compilations-compilation series!

Zombie Dance

Post#3 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 am

The guy from Hierophant's descent is also cooking one about the Greek extreme Metal scene, he can probably hints you toward good sources :)

doomedplanet

Post#4 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:20 am

This is a great idea, there is a lot to write about. Have you taken a first stab at a discography? When it comes to demo tapes I think this is where there will be the deepest delving. Looking forward to hearing more as it unfolds.
"The type of people who buy their albums won't be offended. They like boobs and bare bottoms" - Joanne Latham.

Spinal

Post#5 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 am

DaN wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:21 am
Short phone comment:
Country-specific books/encyclopedias reign. Awesome to hear a new one is in the making! Looking forward to follow this...

(Eru f ö möjligen 08:a?)
Being myself a big fan of region-specific encyclopedias, I felt I wanted to take a stab at it msyelf. Credit needs to be given to Janne Stark here - his gargantuan book on Swedish metal was surely the igniting spark!

Tyvärr ingen nollåtta utan en gô gubbe från Göteborg. 8)

Spinal

Post#6 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:52 am

Zombie Dance wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 am
The guy from Hierophant's descent is also cooking one about the Greek extreme Metal scene, he can probably hints you toward good sources :)
Yes! Very much looking forward to reading that one. In order to not come off as a copy-cat, I am trying to approach the subject from a different and more wide angle (including everything from AOR to black metal to crust punk).

Spinal

Post#7 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:57 am

doomedplanet wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:20 am
This is a great idea, there is a lot to write about. Have you taken a first stab at a discography? When it comes to demo tapes I think this is where there will be the deepest delving. Looking forward to hearing more as it unfolds.
I'm currently in the process of building a "complete" discography of official releases (including demos). You're absolutely right, hunting demo-recordings is number one priority here. There's tons of magnificient bands from Greece who never got to record a proper LP or even 7", which leaves us with a situation where many of the best works are to be found on decades old cassettes.

So, if there's anyone out there who's sitting on a collection of Hellenic metal demos, please get in touch!