Race Against Time (UK) Demo 1980

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Dirty Rocker

Race Against Time (UK) Demo 1980

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Dave Halliday on vocals.. Do I need to say more?
http://rapidshare.com/files/5190059/Rac ... -_1980.rar
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Holy shit! Now THIS is going to be an interesting listen! TACK!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Destrozer wrote:Holy shit! Now THIS is going to be an interesting listen! TACK!
Hårdrock!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Simply an awesome demo. Bedtime is the stronger track (also appearing on New Electric Warriors sample LP).

But I wonder why they often are listed as Pre-Hell? As far as I know Dave Halliday was the only member of Race Against Time that appeared in Hell, so if you go by this method thousands of bands would be Pre-something. Or am I wrong?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Another band which should released a decent 7", MLP or LP, really outstanding stuff.
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Dawnwatcher wrote:Simply an awesome demo. Bedtime is the stronger track (also appearing on New Electric Warriors sample LP).

But I wonder why they often are listed as Pre-Hell? As far as I know Dave Halliday was the only member of Race Against Time that appeared in Hell, so if you go by this method thousands of bands would be Pre-something. Or am I wrong?
Well, actually HELL was Dave Halliday. He was the main composer, lyric-writer, guitarist and singer of the band. Without him there is no HELL as there is no MOTORHEAD without LEMMY or CELTIC FROST without Tom Warrior.

However, there are other cases of pre- or ex- bands that this phenomenon occurs and the result as you're saying is to have hundreds of pre-bands. A nice trick of the big collectors/sellers to get rid of their spare copies i guess. :x
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

ION BRITTON wrote:Well, actually HELL was Dave Halliday. He was the main composer, lyric-writer, guitarist and singer of the band. Without him there is no HELL as there is no MOTORHEAD without LEMMY or CELTIC FROST without Tom Warrior.

However, there are other cases of pre- or ex- bands that this phenomenon occurs and the result as you're saying is to have hundreds of pre-bands. A nice trick of the big collectors/sellers to get rid of their spare copies i guess. :x
You're right that Dave was the main man in Hell, but I think it's wrong to let another constellation be pre-something. This isn't a very necessary and important disussion, I guess I'll let people say what they want.