ROTTING CORPSE - The Demos CD+DVD

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

ROTTING CORPSE - The Demos CD+DVD

Post by Stormspell »

Booklet layout and design is done:

Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Really good band!
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I'm way behind on my Stormspell reissues, sad to say. The Jonah Quizz was exceptionally done; though, why didn't you print the Swedish lyrics to a few songs? I understand that the majority of your buyers will be English speaking and not Swedish speaking, but I would imagine that the language in which the lyrics are sung would be the priority. A small quibble, however, about an amazing release.

Edited for retardedness.
Last edited by Dodens Grav on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dodens Grav wrote:I'm way behind on my Stormspell reissues, sad to say. The Jonah Quizz was exceptionally done; though, why did you don't print the English lyrics to a few songs? I understand that the majority of your buyers will be English speaking and not Swedish speaking, but I would imagine that the language in which the lyrics are sung would be the priority. A small quibble, however, about an amazing release.
I think you are a bit mistaken, ALL English lyrics are included. We only omitted a Swedish lyric due to space restriction. I didn't want to cram everything and destroy the layout on the existing 12-page booklet, and unfortunately the upgrade to 16-page was retarderly expensive for making only 1000 copies (as we did) so we had to drop something. It seemed logical to keep English variants which can be read by everyone.

Anyhow, thanks for the reminder, I have thought of making the Swedish lyrics available for free download on the website for everyone that would like to have them. Hope this solves it.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Sorry, I meant to say Swedish when I said English there. Not that I can read Swedish anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. :lol:
texasmetalunderground

Post by texasmetalunderground »

Nice layout, Iordan. Looking forward to this release.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dodens Grav wrote:Sorry, I meant to say Swedish when I said English there. Not that I can read Swedish anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. :lol:
Well, I guess it mattered enough to post a critique on a public board, so I had to address it.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Hey Scott, thanks for the kind words, appreciated! I'm looking forward to TMU's sophomore release for sure!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Not to be a jerk about an awesome release but wasn't a demo compilation CD just released back in 2005? For me it's funny that this announcement be made because just a few days ago I was checking this band out for the first time on the Texas Metal Underground site. Regardless, great choice for a release and I hope that you keep continuing to release more material from the Texas scene back in the day.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The 2005 was self-released pro-printed CDR, long time sold out.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:The 2005 was self-released pro-printed CDR, long time sold out.
Ah, I didn't know that it was a CD-R.

Fair enough.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:
stormspell wrote:The 2005 was self-released pro-printed CDR, long time sold out.

Fair enough.
This release was going to be out about 2-3 years ago on Area Death Productions, but the Italian co-founder (Filippo Tattini?) disappeared without a trace taking along some rare video tapes :evil: and I took over.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:

Fair enough.
This release was going to be out about 2-3 years ago on Area Death Productions, but the Italian co-founder (Filippo Tattini?) disappeared without a trace taking along some rare video tapes :evil: and I took over.
Shitty...

The hiring of a private investigator to track the dude down should be in the works then. :wink:

I guess that would explain why the band took it upon themselves to release it independently. CD-R or not, at least they put it out there officially for the fans.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I believe the CDr release came first, then Filippo offered to re-release it in 2006 or something.

Nobody seems to know where Filippo is. Some say back in Italy, some say in Cambodia... wherever he is, I hope he will return the tapes so the band can use them on some future release one day.
lando

Post by lando »

this is Filippo.. yes, i contacted RC for a cd release 2 or 3 years ago and received the tapes + videos. Unfortunately, shit happened between I and the guys at ADP (i was NOT the co-founder). Soon after i got arrested because of visa problems as someone knows (Doomedplanet must know the whole story) and all the material i had, here including the RC tapes, got seized by the police, along with a lot of other stuff, and i've never been able to get it back. Being filed by the authorities, my emai accounts have been tapped and then suspended (they simply stopped working). I had enough of that situation, so i simply left everything behind: label, music, band contacts, trades and all... It cost me all of my savings, some weeks in jail, debts a go go to pay and other endless trouble. Sorry for the trouble caused. Things went out of control, call it unexperience or irresponisibility or naivity.. but it went as it went, and now i am too disilluded to continue. I am still in Asia (well, i am temporarly in Italy to see my family) but only few must know where i am exactly. I simply want some quiet and avoid trouble from potential angry people..