HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

That's good news that Hell signed to Metal Blade. Can't really ask for a label with wider distribution than them. I also wonder what will be on the DVD.

Avenger, you are still acting like a child. You are bothered by things that are unimportant. You should stop that. And I still didn't call you a retard. I said I would be retarded to take offense. If you took it personally then that is on you. To completely discount the arguments that I make in my posts as though I merely throw out ad hominems all the time wrecklessly is frankly more insulting to me. And I don't think the "band's balls" are in anybody's mouths here. I can only speak for myself, but I'm only responding to your childishness. I couldn't care less which band it was about, even if it was a band I actively disliked. I've heard 2 Hell tracks in my life, one on Miskatonic's site several years ago and one video on youtube a couple years ago. I thought they were cool and assumed Hell is probably a pretty cool band. That's about it.
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

never mind all the complaining internet warriors,

Can't wait to hear the corker!
Over all was an evil silence, broken only by the satanic laughter of hyenas
daniel

Post by daniel »

Nevermind all the internet fanboys.

We're on the internet, just cos people have reservations doesn't make them posers or whatever just for saying it online.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Lama

Post by Lama »

Hmm, cult band releases full length finally, big label involved...when does the bashing start???? :twisted:
Kampel Destruction
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Lama wrote:Hmm, cult band releases full length finally, big label involved...when does the bashing start???? :twisted:
Way back when they got a slick modern producer at the helm. :P
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Black Axe wrote:
Lama wrote:Hmm, cult band releases full length finally, big label involved...when does the bashing start???? :twisted:
Way back when they got a slick modern producer at the helm. :P
:lol: yup
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dodens Grav wrote:That's good news that Hell signed to Metal Blade. Can't really ask for a label with wider distribution than them. I also wonder what will be on the DVD.

Avenger, you are still acting like a child. You are bothered by things that are unimportant. You should stop that. And I still didn't call you a retard. I said I would be retarded to take offense. If you took it personally then that is on you. To completely discount the arguments that I make in my posts as though I merely throw out ad hominems all the time wrecklessly is frankly more insulting to me. And I don't think the "band's balls" are in anybody's mouths here. I can only speak for myself, but I'm only responding to your childishness. I couldn't care less which band it was about, even if it was a band I actively disliked. I've heard 2 Hell tracks in my life, one on Miskatonic's site several years ago and one video on youtube a couple years ago. I thought they were cool and assumed Hell is probably a pretty cool band. That's about it.
There's no need to explain yourself to me, as I've already made up my opinion on you. And look, there you go again with the petty name-calling. Point proven even further.

Thanks.

That aside, you are making this a personal argument rather then one with any relevance to the band and I want to remind you to stay on topic.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Avenger wrote:There's no need to explain yourself to me, as I've already made up my opinion on you.
How very close-minded of you...
And how representative of your moderator status.

How let's continue discussing in great length that generic heavy metal band who release 1 measly single to date.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:
Avenger wrote:There's no need to explain yourself to me, as I've already made up my opinion on you.
How very close-minded of you...
And how representative of your moderator status.

How let's continue discussing in great length that generic heavy metal band who release 1 measly single to date.
His retorts in regard to an argument are always the same. In fact, I remember a thread from a while back where he blatantly called me an "idiot". So my opinion has been made up for a while. We just simply disagree on many things it seems.

Also, in case you don't remember (as it has been discussed here before) us mods only act under the "Moderator" tag when posting in all bold text. Other then that we are individuals with our own opinions and are free to express them.

That aside, I agree with you, more on the band and less on conflicting member opinions.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I've already said what I had to say about Hell, so I'll just say one last thing to Avenger and be done with that.

I don't have a problem with calling you a child when you act like a child, Avenger. And regardless of whether or not I may occasionally insult somebody, I always actually present an argument, unlike you. It's not my fault that you don't read my arguments because you've 'made up your mind about me' that I'm just a big mean bully on the internet. I don't even post enough here for anybody to justifiably have a clear overview of the way that I carry myself anyway. I recommend that you possibly grow 'thicker skin' so to speak and also that you read arguments for what they themselves contain and not for who is making the argument.
Väänänen

Post by Väänänen »

HumanRemains wrote:I've apologised over and over for the delay. Sometimes the reason's a small one, such as the fact that it's my daughter's first day at her new school.
As a father of two I'd say that one is the BIG one - not the Exodus-recording ;)

Congrats on the album deal - now bring on the cannons of Metal Blades promo department :)
I was never a religious man, so why should I put my faith in you? I'm a heathen searching for his soul.
MercyfulUngol

Post by MercyfulUngol »

Khnud wrote:Keep It True 2012 it is then! :D

Will the bonus DVD contain any old videos from back in the day?
With metal blade backing them I'm sure they'd possibly get a lot of shows booked. I have a good feeling the album will be extremely well received. I really don't see how it can't be.

I wondered that too. Andy Sneap wrote to me on my youtube account asking where I got that footage from because they have been looking for it. I was kind of surprised since I noticed Halliday's vocals from that Plague and Fire video, are used on the intro in the Plague and "Fyre" rough mix.
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

MercyfulUngol wrote:
Khnud wrote:Keep It True 2012 it is then! :D

Will the bonus DVD contain any old videos from back in the day?
With metal blade backing them I'm sure they'd possibly get a lot of shows booked. I have a good feeling the album will be extremely well received. I really don't see how it can't be.

I wondered that too. Andy Sneap wrote to me on my youtube account asking where I got that footage from because they have been looking for it. I was kind of surprised since I noticed Halliday's vocals from that Plague and Fire video, are used on the intro in the Plague and "Fyre" rough mix.
Hi Paul,

You're right about Dave's vocals being heard on P&F, we've also used his voice on two other tracks as well - it just wouldn't be right if he wasn't on it. They were all lifted from old cassette tapes - one of these was an audio soundtrack to the video you have. That's about the only footage in existence as far as we know.
quietus

Post by quietus »

That will be something to hear, awesome stuff. Like most I cannot wait for this stuff to be out, All hail Hell!
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

HELL ALBUM/LABEL SIGNING NEWS

The last time I posted on here, I hinted strongly at the fact that HELL would possibly soon become a METAL BLADE band. Well...............like everything else I’ve ever said on this forum, that was cast-iron fact at the time. Never, in our wildest dreams, did we expect to subsequently get offered solid deals by four other companies, including the two biggest metal labels in Europe – an amazing position to be in, and a situation which surely speaks volumes about the quality of the finished album. One hugely respected European rock magazine is already saying that this ranks amongst the top 10 albums they have heard in the last 15 years – whilst another major one has listed HELL as their ‘most promising new band for 2011’. Anyway - there was nothing wrong with the MB deal and we were very, very flattered by the offer, but the simple reality is that we got offered something way better.

I’m therefore proud to announce that HELL has signed to NUCLEAR BLAST, and the ‘Human Remains’ album will be released in May......on Friday 13th, of course. The initial release of the album will include a bonus DVD video track.

To fulfil the assurances I have always made in terms of satisfying fans of the old demo material, Nuclear Blast will also produce a limited-edition Digipak which will contain the new album, plus an additional bonus CD of remastered versions of the 1982-85 originals with an extended 28-page booklet dealing with the history of the band along with many previously unseen photos. It’s also probable that additional remastered demo material will be made available in time.

Furthermore, the analogue lovers amongst you will be happy to learn that there will also be a 180g vinyl + T-shirt package release, whose content/format has still to be decided.

On behalf of the band, I would like to express our gratitude to Jaap Wagemaker at Nuclear Blast Europe for his faith and commitment – we are so happy to be with a company who really ‘gets it’. Thanks also to those reading this post, for your eternal patience, and for the many encouraging and kind words you have expressed over such an extended period. It’s genuinely, genuinely appreciated, and we hope that you will consider the long wait to have been worthwhile when you hear it.

Best wishes
Kev Bower

LINK TO OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE www.nuclearblast.de
Last edited by HumanRemains on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.