Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Man, did I hit the roof seeing LIVING DEATH - Vengenace of Hell in this thread :shock: for 1984 this album was sooo ahead of its time with totally over the top crazy vokills. aaargh I need to play this one right now!

One album that comes to my mind as very very boring is AXE VICTIMS - Another Victim. A true epitome of endless boredom released on big label.
tomas

Post by tomas »

@doomedplanet / DaN:
That Satan's Massacre tape RULES!!!!!!
But I can understand why it belongs in this thread hehe
I've been looking for an original for quite some time. Does anyone have one for me???
But does it slay witches?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:Man, did I hit the roof seeing LIVING DEATH - Vengenace of Hell in this thread :shock: for 1984 this album was sooo ahead of its time with totally over the top crazy vokills. aaargh I need to play this one right now!

One album that comes to my mind as very very boring is AXE VICTIMS - Another Victim. A true epitome of endless boredom released on big label.
Pff, I feel the same way about "Another Victim" as you do "Vengeance Of Hell".

Both are great and not anywhere near deserving of this thread...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Killen...Really lousy in my opinion. Silly vocals and really boring songs

Hmhm ,i would really like to continue with my list but i think i will start the third world war..............
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
GJ

Post by GJ »

Witchkiller wrote:Killen...Really lousy in my opinion. Silly vocals and really boring songs

Hmhm ,i would really like to continue with my list but i think i will start the third world war..............
You were going to mention Stained Class, Heaven and Hell and The Number of the Beast? ...or Crystal Logic, King of the Dead and Black Death?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

GJ wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:Killen...Really lousy in my opinion. Silly vocals and really boring songs

You were going to mention Stained Class, Heaven and Hell and The Number of the Beast? ...or Crystal Logic, King of the Dead and Black Death?
EVERYTHING FROM PRIEST
EVERYTHING FROM MAIDEN
EVERYTHING FROM SABBATH
EVERYTHING FROM MOTORHEAD
EVERYTHING FROM SLAYER
ALL THE NWOBHM
ALL BAY AREA
ALL US METAL
ALL THE NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING BANDS

:D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:EVERYTHING FROM SLAYER
50% (maybe even more by now) of Slayer's output is godawful, so he's got a point there.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Black Axe wrote:
50% (maybe even more by now) of Slayer's output is godawful, so he's got a point there.
Can only applaud that. The first three (five if you count Haunting and the Live Undead one) are worthy, the rest ... well, I've no interest in it. Unless you count Infernal Majesty... :wink:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
Can only applaud that. The first three (five if you count Haunting and the Live Undead one) are worthy, the rest ... well, I've no interest in it. Unless you count Infernal Majesty... :wink:
Of course i wasn't speaking on behalf of witchkiller, i just made a hypothetical statement that could possibly start another world war :)

As for SLAYER, i personally don't count live albums, so the first 4 are the only ones that do it for me. The rest either bore me to tears or are just plain bad.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:
The Sentinel wrote: Some songs on Hallowd's LP are fucking awful.
I disagree. All of them are fucking awful. Obscure crap metal.
hallowed? italian one?...i cant believe just the opener is the only good song....
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Pff, I feel the same way about "Another Victim" as you do "Vengeance Of Hell"...
Ouch! Do you really?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:Pff, I feel the same way about "Another Victim" as you do "Vengeance Of Hell"...
Ouch! Do you really?
Every once in a while I like to listen to something a little more mellow...

I don't need blazing steel flying at ten thousand miles per hour at all times.

Axe Victim suits that need.

Decent album in my opinion that's not worthy of this thread.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

GJ wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:
Killen...Really lousy in my opinion. Silly vocals and really boring songs

You were going to mention Stained Class, Heaven and Hell and The Number of the Beast? ...or Crystal Logic, King of the Dead and Black Death
?

No ,these are all kick ass (except Black Death ,3 metal anthems but the rest is so 'n' so)
EVERYTHING FROM PRIEST
EVERYTHING FROM MAIDEN
EVERYTHING FROM SABBATH
EVERYTHING FROM MOTORHEAD
EVERYTHING FROM SLAYER
ALL THE NWOBHM
ALL BAY AREA
ALL US METAL
ALL THE NON-ENGLISH SPEAKING BANDS
Abso - fuckin' -lutely fantastic ,HAHAHAHAHA! LOL LOL! Nice one Ion Britton :P

I refer to stuff like Adramelch ,Leader ,Black Cross ,Blind Guardian (everything ,not one song 8) ) .Really can't stand them . I would say "Metal From Hell" wich is pointless noise to me as well but it has three kick ass songs in it........

DaN wrote:Image
Too late . The end has begun!!!!!!!!!!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
GJ

Post by GJ »

Witchkiller wrote:No ,these are all kick ass (except Black Death ,3 metal anthems but the rest is so 'n' so)
I was thinking of Black Death by Brocas Helm btw. I got the feeling you were thinking of Black Death's S/T album - if so, I kind of agree. Still, those anthems slay in such a major way you couldn't live without that album anyway.
Witchkiller wrote: I refer to stuff like Adramelch
:shock: