DWARR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

DWARR

Post by Noisenik »

Have been listening to the "Animals" on VOD very recently.* "Starting Over" I have in 3s, btw. Godly weird stuffs. When you mentioned outermost backwaters I was instantly reminded of outermost regions of our Cosmos. Funny, the next thing was: is their any non-dark matter between galaxies? Oh, nevermind.

*interesting, lately I'm satisfied listening to Steve ra-files. poor sound quality makes it more pristine for most albums there. :?:
The legend has it that Mr. Warr burned all his gear, mastertapes and remaining copies of the records shortly after the release of "Animals" and became a newborn Christian, but I've recently heard rumors of 2 more CDs from the early 90's in existence. Also, there seem to be both a 'proper' reissue of the 2 first albums available from Black Widow records (the distro or the label, don't remember which) as well as a pretty professional looking double-CDR bootleg ("Cannabinol - The Bootleg") circulating.
DaN, any development since you made the review?
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I'm getting doubtful about the supposed rereleases of the LPs, but I should have mp3s of the 2 later CDs laying around here somewhere.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:I'm getting doubtful about the supposed rereleases of the LPs, but I should have mp3s of the 2 later CDs laying around here somewhere.
Are we talking about "Holy One" and "Times Of Terror"?

The first is an absolutely fantastic hard psych album, really love it, probably my favorite DWARR release. "Times of terror" is full of sick sizzling guitar, crazy stuff that's not easy to get into it. DWARR's one hell of a band for sure.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

ION BRITTON wrote:
DaN wrote:I'm getting doubtful about the supposed rereleases of the LPs, but I should have mp3s of the 2 later CDs laying around here somewhere.

The first is an absolutely fantastic hard psych album, really love it, probably my favorite DWARR release. "Times of terror" is full of sick sizzling guitar, crazy stuff that's not easy to get into it. DWARR's one hell of a band for sure.
Cough! you guys seriously ... Where could this be obtainable? Wow, dudes this and WOTW thread has really got me high. Thanks.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Noisenik wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:

Cough! you guys seriously ... Where could this be obtainable? Wow, dudes this and WOTW thread has really got me high. Thanks.
On mp3 format on Poisonoise section maybe? I see a little interest in your eyes Noisenik or am i wrong :)

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

ION BRITTON wrote: On mp3 format on Poisonoise section maybe? I see a little interest in your eyes Noisenik or am i wrong :)
I don't deny that, yet I'm very glad of the fact alone that there's more Dwarr stuff ... somewhere. I'd love to get original cdrs, though I guess they are even more rare than first two vinyls. I will try to acquire all of them as soon as my budget will allow more items worth 50+ €.

John, you see my eyes? Wow!

edit: You need not to upload anything ... yet.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Noisenik wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote: On mp3 format on Poisonoise section maybe? I see a little interest in your eyes Noisenik or am i wrong :)
I don't deny that, yet I'm very glad of the fact alone that there's more Dwarr stuff ... somewhere. I'd love to get original cdrs, though I guess they are even more rare than first two vinyls. I will try to acquire all of them as soon as my budget will allow more items worth 50+ €.

John, you see my eyes? Wow!

edit: You need not to upload anything ... yet.

I see everything! 8)

Anyway, if you can't find them easy let me know and i'll upload both on Poisonoise.

tomas

Post by tomas »

I've been listening to this one a lot lately and there are some real killer songs on it! Weird and fucked up!
Animals, Ghost Lovers, Heavy Vibrations, ...
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

There are definitely CD reissues. I have the 2nd - 4rth albums on CD and should be getting the first one soon.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Azaras wrote:There are definitely CD reissues. I have the 2nd - 4rth albums on CD and should be getting the first one soon.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Where, where, where, ... ? boots? not boots? :?:
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

I don't know, I got them from the Italian label that was distributing FLOWER TRAVELLIN' BAND's "I'm Dead!" vinyl reissue in Europe (Black Widow? I think it was Black Widow).

The reissue of "Animals" is a slipcase thing with the vinyl art on the front and back cover. The CDs of "Times Of Terror" and "Holy One" are full jewelcase CDs, without any label info anywhere... however, they do have a contact phonenumber for the dude behind the band, a guy who knows him told me they are 100% legit.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

DaN wrote:I'm getting doubtful about the supposed rereleases of the LPs
What supposed re-releases?

I have all the official releases released by the band.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:

Is it possible to provide us (or me at least) the address of the band?
:D
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Noisenik wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:

Is it possible to provide us (or me at least) the address of the band?
:D
There's no address to provide and the phone number on the CDs he pressed is his old number and doesn't work. The quality of these pressings are really crappy looking. The first 2 albums are cardboard promo looking sleeves with covers glued on and the other 2 CDs are actual jewel cases, but nothing to brag about for sure. I do have an extra copy of TIMES OF TERROR (2003) Heavy Sabbath wild jamming and HOLY ONE (2001) Expermintal Jazzy weird rock... if you want to buy those... just let me know...
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

pm on the way ...