Discogs Marketplace Suspended

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
apollo.ra

Discogs Marketplace Suspended

Post by apollo.ra »

Just a note that the Discogs Marketplace is not available anymore in Russia, India and Singapore as of 28th December 2022.

https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us/ar ... y-Country-

In case you're wondering why all the Melodiya releases are offered only by sellers in Belarus and Kazakhstan now you know.
lunaboy

Re: Discogs Marketplace Suspended

Post by lunaboy »

apollo.ra wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:04 am Just a note that the Discogs Marketplace is not available anymore in Russia, India and Singapore as of 28th December 2022.

https://support.discogs.com/hc/en-us/ar ... y-Country-

In case you're wondering why all the Melodiya releases are offered only by sellers in Belarus and Kazakhstan now you know.
You can buy all Melodya records from Ukraine sellers . And banning russian sellers is VERY GOOD ( They also banned on ebay as well). This nation deserves this punishment. TOTAL Nazi nation . Fucking imperialists and Putins regime supporters . 80 percent support dictator. This country MUST BE DESTROYED .
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Ok for Russia (though I don't really think 80% of population support Putin ? Maybe before the war, but right now I don't think most of russian citizens agree with his actions), but what's the reason behind India and Singapore ban ? And why not also Belarus then ?
wom

Post by wom »

lunaboy since you dislike Putain does name "Erdogan" rings a bell?
ukraine wants our support but they love Erdogan's drones, even when Armenia is bombed right?
And we all know how aggressive is Armenia, they send bad songs to Eurovision !

funny what "nazi fascist" nation means today haha
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Helstar wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:17 pm Ok for Russia (though I don't really think 80% of population support Putin ? Maybe before the war, but right now I don't think most of russian citizens agree with his actions), but what's the reason behind India and Singapore ban ? And why not also Belarus then ?
Now this war support even more than 80 . Maybe 90 . I know russian language very well and I know what really happens there. Total propaganda and brainwashing . And they want to recreate CCCP and even more. They want to be Empire again. Fuck them. About Belarus. They're not directly involved into war ( so far ) and I think it's just a matter of time when we will see Ban on this russian prostitute country.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

wom wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:44 pm lunaboy since you dislike Putain does name "Erdogan" rings a bell?
ukraine wants our support but they love Erdogan's drones, even when Armenia is bombed right?

The thing is that Russian nazis have an pact with Armenia to Defend Armenia , but they're too weak to do that . Dirty ruskies- total cowards.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

lunaboy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:12 pm Now this war support even more than 80 . Maybe 90 . I know russian language very well and I know what really happens there.
I disagree that 90% of the citizens approve of this invasion, and the plan to restore the CCCP. I think not even half of them, in reality. I talked with a lot of russian people, and most of them are not supporting any of this, but when you live in a regime like that, you fear for your own life if you oppose it.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Guys, pretty please, do not start a war here. It will not bring a solution to the problem, at the most effective it will end up in a locked thread. And locked threads are some of the most senseless things that exist.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Helstar wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:17 pmwhat's the reason behind India and Singapore ban ?
Here's what I read on a music collector forum in India. The response is from Discogs:

"Essentially there are new regulations in place in your region that prevent us from being able to operate in a compliant manner."

So, looks like the reason is economical and not political.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

wom wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:44 pm lunaboy since you dislike Putain does name "Erdogan" rings a bell?

Well they buy their drones from a private company, not Erdogan.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Khnud wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:30 pm
Helstar wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:17 pmwhat's the reason behind India and Singapore ban ?
Here's what I read on a music collector forum in India. The response is from Discogs:

"Essentially there are new regulations in place in your region that prevent us from being able to operate in a compliant manner."

So, looks like the reason is economical and not political.
Economical in what way? India seems to be a strange example. I would understand if ,say, Brazil got shit-canned because of all the stolen & "missing" packages. But Why India ( & Singapore)?
"Do you like Wenom?"
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

malegys wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:14 pm Economical in what way? India seems to be a strange example. I would understand if ,say, Brazil got shit-canned because of all the stolen & "missing" packages. But Why India ( & Singapore)?
I don't think Discogs gives a shit about missing packages. It doesn't affect their revenue - it's a postal problem and not a Discogs problem. India and Singapore most likely got thrown out because of domestic bank regulations, judging by the reply Discogs gave (see above).
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

https://www.discogs.com/company/importa ... nd-russia/

Regardless, the Marketplace is pretty useless right now anyway, due to the enormous amount of fake sales that have popped up recently. Possibly related to excluding Russia, India and Singapore, as some form of retaliation?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight