POWER CASTLE

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
alien laserblast

POWER CASTLE

Post by alien laserblast »

Classy/ic heavy metal group from Olympia, WA... initial run was 2000-2002, members from/went-on-to Yasmine, Modus, Necrobeast, Goonbug, Christian Mistress, Shadow Demon, Speed of Darkness, etc etc. Reunions in 2005 & 2012, recorded an album in 2017 and another in 2022, both unreleased until today:

Power Castle "Power Castle"

Power Castle "The Metal Pilgrim"
bigfootkit

Re: POWER CASTLE

Post by bigfootkit »

On first brief listen i'm enjoying the music, particularly on 'Metal Pilgrim', (great guitars on 'Total Glory') but the singer's phrasing & anunciation seem a bit 'off' to my ears. Might just be an acquired taste that'll take a bit of getting used to before it suddenly clicks with me. They certainly sound worth revisiting when i have more time on my hands though, thanks for the recommendation.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
alien laserblast

Post by alien laserblast »

Yeah, Mark Benson is something of an acquired taste. Much like a fine Limburger cheese, stinky but worth getting used to. Thanks for listening!
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

alien laserblast wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:36 am Yeah, Mark Benson is something of an acquired taste. Much like a fine Limburger cheese, stinky but worth getting used to. Thanks for listening!
His voice is like a weird combination of Messiah Marcolin and, not necessarily El Duce but what a replacement Mentors singer what sound like. But the music is pretty cool, nice to see a new thread again.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

alien laserblast wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:36 am Yeah, Mark Benson is something of an acquired taste. Much like a fine Limburger cheese, stinky but worth getting used to.
More often than not i find it's the singers & bands that are less immediate that become the firmest favourites over time once 'the penny drops', so the acquired taste tag isn't neccessarily something to fear. Not sure how pleased Mr. Benson would be to see his vox compared to Limburger though. :lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.