CULT OF THE UNDERDOG - Sweet Evil : Halloween Special (2021)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

CULT OF THE UNDERDOG - Sweet Evil : Halloween Special (2021)

Post by bigfootkit »

CULT OF THE UNDERDOG - Episode 1 [Pilot Episode] : Sweet Evil (Halloween Special) [Oct 2021]
320 kbps

Noisenik wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:46 pmany chance to see COTU efforts as downloads? Vol. 1 at least? Cheers in advance.
Finally filling this long overdue request for Noisenik, (sorry for the delay!), here's last year's Halloween Special debut episode of my Cult Of The Underdog podcast which you can now download & take out on the move with you if you want. Tracks aren't separated, just an uninterrupted hour of Heavy Metal/Hard Rock/Psych/Punk Halloween themed fun for the discerning listener that makes for a nice accompaniment to this time of year.
The full tracklist is included in the download, but if you haven't heard this before it's probably best experienced initially without knowing what's coming beforehand. Happy Halloween!
Exclusive content for logged in users.

I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Re: CULT OF THE UNDERDOG - Sweet Evil : Halloween Special (2021)

Post by Noisenik »

Thank you very much, Graham. Though it didn't click to me when I saw the title of the thread among newest posts, I remembered that I asked for this to be released in mp3 version. After less than a year, I think this is brilliant mix, meticulously produced (put together), it brings smile on my face whenever I remind myself of any tiny element from it, be it music, movie snippet or even "advertising" text. Probably unrepeatable achievement. If you have spare hour these days, give it a re-listen, folks.
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:17 pm Thank you very much, Graham. Though it didn't click to me when I saw the title of the thread among newest posts, I remembered that I asked for this to be released in mp3 version. After less than a year, I think this is brilliant mix, meticulously produced (put together), it brings smile on my face whenever I remind myself of any tiny element from it, be it music, movie snippet or even "advertising" text. Probably unrepeatable achievement. If you have spare hour these days, give it a re-listen, folks.
Thanks as always for the kind words & my apologies for taking quite so long to fulfill your request.
I'm now thinking that i might put together a blog where i can upload the complete versions of each episode so folks can download them to enjoy when not near a computer or wi-fi connection. Sound like a good idea?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Had a rare moment of Chill Evening and finally got to enjoy one of your programs undisturbed and in full - and how could I ever resist such a theme! Man I wish I had the time to compile more thought-out, eclectic stuff like this. Almost makes me want to rewamp the ol' Lustfungus label, ha ha...

Excellent mix of classics, unexpected curious and new (olde) discoveries. Old faves like Jesters Of Destiny, Dwarves and Ostrogoth made me all warm & fuzzy inside... "The Maypole" = my fave goosebumps-moment from the Wickerman soundrack- THANK YOU... That friggin' awesome Strychnine-tune! What a great new discovery. Always loved this early punk/hr-hybrid sound... Morse Code Transmission was right up my proto-new-wave-fan alley too... First time in 20+ years I hear something from that Phantom LP again, so thanx for the reminder that I need to get myself a copy. The only obvious missing piece here would be something (any tune, really) from the ubeatable Dr. Z album 8)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 amThanks as always for the kind words & my apologies for taking quite so long to fulfill your request. I'm now thinking that i might put together a blog where i can upload the complete versions of each episode so folks can download them to enjoy when not near a computer or wi-fi connection. Sound like a good idea?
It does. But, don't you have a blog anymore? OK, it is true, that NIL&O got totally plagued with spam8mers), the same fate probably hit Alive And Well. Perhaps changin the name wouldn't suffice, true, thorough cleaning would be needed, if possible at all.

Regarding that and more than tangentially, COTTONMOUTH band/project, you are looking for... were they from 70's or came later?

@DaN: Though I can hardly imagine you having enough time for revamping Lustfungus label, I am totally pro this idea. Re-releases?
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:36 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:40 amThanks as always for the kind words & my apologies for taking quite so long to fulfill your request. I'm now thinking that i might put together a blog where i can upload the complete versions of each episode so folks can download them to enjoy when not near a computer or wi-fi connection. Sound like a good idea?
It does. But, don't you have a blog anymore? OK, it is true, that NIL&O got totally plagued with spam8mers), the same fate probably hit Alive And Well. Perhaps changin the name wouldn't suffice, true, thorough cleaning would be needed, if possible at all.
Regarding that and more than tangentially, COTTONMOUTH band/project, you are looking for... were they from 70's or came later?
NILOOB originally started out as my old pal (Time Traveller) Bryon's blog & i got brought on board soon after, eventually taking over when he no longer had the time or bandwidth to blog anymore, (early posts were done using dial-up! :shock: ) We eventually lost touch, so i wouldn't want to re-purpose a place that he set up in order to do something entirely different. To use that blog would likely also bring a whole load of reupload requests for old NILOOB posts & i just don't have the time or inclination to deal with that, so i think a new place would likely be best.
Cottonmouth were a 70s Texan band.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:43 pm Had a rare moment of Chill Evening and finally got to enjoy one of your programs undisturbed and in full - and how could I ever resist such a theme! Man I wish I had the time to compile more thought-out, eclectic stuff like this. Almost makes me want to rewamp the ol' Lustfungus label, ha ha...

Excellent mix of classics, unexpected curious and new (olde) discoveries. Old faves like Jesters Of Destiny, Dwarves and Ostrogoth made me all warm & fuzzy inside... "The Maypole" = my fave goosebumps-moment from the Wickerman soundrack- THANK YOU... That friggin' awesome Strychnine-tune! What a great new discovery. Always loved this early punk/hr-hybrid sound... Morse Code Transmission was right up my proto-new-wave-fan alley too... First time in 20+ years I hear something from that Phantom LP again, so thanx for the reminder that I need to get myself a copy. The only obvious missing piece here would be something (any tune, really) from the ubeatable Dr. Z album 8)
Glad you enjoyed it DaN, and cheers for your kind words of encouragement, though I don't think i've ever heard of the Dwarves making anyone 'warm & fuzzy' before. :lol: So glad the Maypole song wove it's magic on you as I remember having such a hard time picking just one musical highlight from The Wicker Man's amazing soundtrack. Happy too that i was able to introduce you to some some stuff you didn't know & remind you of some you may have forgotten. The Halloween theme really is a gift as you could so easily do an annual mix without ever repeating yourself such is the crossover between horror & Metal/Hard Rock etc. I won't do that as i don't want to be the guy 'who does the Halloween streams and that other stuff', but i'm sure i'll return to it at some point, if only just to include all the stuff i couldn't in that 1st episode. I still kick myself that didn't find a spot for Heavy Load's 'Monsters Of The Night' which would've such been perfect in that company. A Dr. Z track would have fit the bill perfectly too, (that's a real connoisseur's choice!), but, along with doomedplanet's mixes, Andy Votel's 'Vertigo Mixed' album was a major inspiration for this, so i tried to avoid Vertigo releases as i didn't want to rip-off of that astonishing piece of work. In the end, i took my eye off the ball in this respect by including The Rattles who were on Vertigo, though not on the 'VM' album. :oops: Ah well...i did try.
If anyone's unfamiliar with that aforementioned Andy Votel album & fancies going on a psychedelic odyssey follow this link & prepare to have your mind well & truly blown:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkUvQDL ... C715F44AF8