Which Concert Will You Attend Next?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Aiden

Which Concert Will You Attend Next?

Post by Aiden »

The new world edition!

I'm in Derry for Frost & Fireland. It's great to travel to gigs again.

Friday 17 June 2022

- Brian Downey's Alive and Dangerous

- Gama Bomb

- Night Demon

- Mythra (first show in Ireland)

- Darkest Era

Saturday 18 June 2022

- Cirith Ungol (first show in Ireland)

- Satan (first show in Ireland)

- Midnight

- Wytch Hazel

- Dread Sovereign
Noisenik

Re: Which Concert Will You Attend Next?

Post by Noisenik »

Just came back home from the first concert of The Future Past Tour. Yes, IRON MAIDEN in Ljubljana last night. Fantastic! Half of "Somewhere in Time", including 'Alexander The Great', played live first time ever. They started with Caught ..., if you can believe. Played some "Senjutsu" stuff, 'The Prisoner', 'Fear ' 'Iron Maiden',... three track encore ... Have finished with the Trooper. Could be the first time that 'The Number ' was not played at all.
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:37 am Just came back home from the first concert of The Future Past Tour. Yes, IRON MAIDEN in Ljubljana last night. Fantastic! Half of "Somewhere in Time", including 'Alexander The Great', played live first time ever. They started with Caught ..., if you can believe. Played some "Senjutsu" stuff, 'The Prisoner', 'Fear ' 'Iron Maiden',... three track encore ... Have finished with the Trooper. Could be the first time that 'The Number ' was not played at all.
Sounds like a great night, but your post made me feel old as i realised that the last time i saw Maiden live was 39 years ago! :shock:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Almost forgot:

Blue Öyster Cult few days ago. A dream come true, actually I didn't believe I will ever see them live. Killer live band, Buck "Dharma" can still do solos on his knees, of course Richie Castellano is the most vivid member, as he's the youngest of the bunch.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:33 amAlmost forgot: Blue Öyster Cult few days ago. A dream come true, actually I didn't believe I will ever see them live. Killer live band, Buck "Dharma" can still do solos on his knees, of course Richie Castellano is the most vivid member, as he's the youngest of the bunch.
That's great that you got to make the dream a reality Nenad, and i'm happy to hear that they lived up to your expectations. Did they play 'Then Came The Last Days Of May'?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:28 amThat's great that you got to make the dream a reality Nenad, and i'm happy to hear that they lived up to your expectations. Did they play 'Then Came The Last Days Of May'?
Yes, indeed they played it. As this was their first ever Slovenia concert, they played all their most popular songs sans 'Astronomy'. They made it past 1 hr 35 min mark almost in a one go plus encore. A surprise to me was 'Tattoo Vampire'. Now I even have hopes that it was not their last concert around here.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:24 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:28 amThat's great that you got to make the dream a reality Nenad, and i'm happy to hear that they lived up to your expectations. Did they play 'Then Came The Last Days Of May'?
Yes, indeed they played it. As this was their first ever Slovenia concert, they played all their most popular songs sans 'Astronomy'. They made it past 1 hr 35 min mark almost in a one go plus encore. A surprise to me was 'Tattoo Vampire'. Now I even have hopes that it was not their last concert around here.
I love that song; great music, atmosphere, solo and lyrics. Seems almost perverse that they omitted 'Astronomy' from their setlist, but maybe it's to do with the old showbiz adage, 'always leave them wanting more'.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Only saw BÖC once, many years ago now. They were great of course. Next up for me is METALUCIFER in October.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

Pyrenean Warriors Open Air this weekend in the South of France, great little fest with the chillest vibe. The line-up this year:

Riot V (US)
Raven (UK)
High Spirits (US)
Muro (SP)
Glacier (US)
Tower (US)
Sin Starlett (SWI)
The Night Eternal (GER)
Sacral Night (FR)