High Roller Records and its additional postage tax or something along these lines

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Noisenik

High Roller Records and its additional postage tax or something along these lines

Post by Noisenik »

High Roller have (rather recently) introduced additional postage fee or tax or something of which I would like to know more. As some other labels I deal with haven't intorduced this same thing, I am guessing (wildly) this must have its roots in policies of particular federal states, ex-East Germany ones and possibly Bayern (Baden-Wurtenberg perhaps, too).

The thing varies with distance from Germany. There are higher rates for Sweden and Greece, for instance, and slightly lower for Belgium, Austria, Slovenia, etc. Initally there were two classes, Germany and all the rest. I would love to know more about it and logic behind.

Does perhaps our German colleagues know more or anything about that? Thank you in advance for any info.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Morton

Re: High Roller Records and its additional postage tax or something along these lines

Post by Morton »

Do you mean VAT?

When you're based in the EU, you have to pay your local VAT and not the german VAT as before.

Or is it about shipping prices?

HHR now uses DHL Express and FedEx as shipping method that's why you have so many different prices even within the EU.

It has nothing to do with any german federal state law.
Noisenik

Re: High Roller Records and its additional postage tax or something along these lines

Post by Noisenik »

Nope, it is neither.

You could check it yourself if interested. You don't need to go very far. On the page of shop where latest arrivals are listed with prices and links. You see:

Your selected delivery country is Germany.
The final prices may vary depending on the tax of the intended delivery country. If the currently chosen delivery country does not correspond to your delivery address, please choose the correct delivery country now, to see the accurate prices.

Below there is combo box with countries and besides button "Select new shipping destination".

You click on another country and press the button. Then prices change. So this is added to the prices.

Try different countries for fun: Austria or Switzerland, then Belgium, then Spain, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, and others further away.
For example, for Slovenia about 2,5 % of price/value is added, for Austria it is less than 1 %, for Portugal it is around 3,4 %, for Sweden more than 5 %.

This has nothing to do with DHL or Fedex postage, they are added at checkout.

I wonder what that is and into which sack it goes. Is it some ecological tax on transport? But then why price is used?
I am ... the One you warned me of
Morton

Post by Morton »

Yes, that's the VAT you have to pay.

Before everyone in the EU had to pay 19% german tax when you ordered from HHR.

Now you have to pay the VAT of your own country.

If it's higher as 19%, you pay more, if your local VAT is fewer as 19%, you save money.