S.O.D. (STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH) - In Quarantine (2020) USA

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Uploaded a couple of things for another site but thought they'd be appreciated by the gentlemen of impeccable taste at the Corroseum, so here they are:

All songs recorded live via Zoom during Covid lockdown in Spring 2020

320 kbps

01. March Of The S.O.D.
02. Speak Spanish Or Die (featuring Mike Patton)
03. Chromatic Death
04. I Don’t Care About You (featuring Lee Ving)
05. Doomsday (featuring Randy Blythe)
06. The Final Blood Bath (featuring Randy Blythe)

Scott 'Not' Ian : Guitars & Vocals (ANTHRAX, MOTOR SISTER, THE DAMNED THINGS, THE DISEASED, CRAB SOCIETY NORTH, DAMNOCRACY, DOOM SQUAD, ROADRUNNER UNITED, SLAM JAM, Mr. BUNGLE)
Dan Lilker : Bass & Vocals (ANTHRAX, NUCLEAR ASSAULT, THE DISEASED, CRAB SOCIETY NORTH, HARTER ATTACK, HEMLOCK, BRUTA TRUTH, BLURRING, EVIL WRATH, EXIT-13, VENOMOUS CONCEPT, REDRUM, CRUCIFIST, EXTRA HOT SAUCE, MALFORMED EARTHBORN, THE RAVENOUS, LAST SATANIC DANCE, HOLY MOSES, NUNFUCKRITUAL)
Charlie Benante : Drums (ANTHRAX, THE DISEASED, CRAB SOCIETY NORTH)

Mike Patton : Vocals on 02 (FAITH NO MORE, Mr. BUNGLE, FANTOMAS, TOMAHAWK, WEIRD LITTLE BOY, DEAD CROSS, HEMOPHILIAC, PEEPING TOM, HOUSE OF DISCIPLINE, TETEMA, THE FANTOMAS MELVINS BIG BAND, LOVAGE, NEVERMEN, MALDOROR)
Lee Ving : Vocals on 04 (FEAR, RANGE WAR, MD. 45)
Randy Blythe : Vocals on 05 & 06 (LAMB OF GOD, BURN THE PRIEST, HALO OF LOCUSTS)

In April 2020, Charlie Benante posted video of he, Scott Ian and Dan Lilker performing S.O.D. songs together via Zoom during the COVID-19 lockdown. The trio would record six songs this way, utilizing guest vocalists such as Randy Blythe of LAMB OF GOD, FAITH NO MORE's Mike Patton & Lee Ving Of FEAR.

art & txt included
Exclusive content for logged in users.
No PW
Last edited by bigfootkit on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Re: S.O.D. (STORMTROOPERS OF DEATH) - In Quarantine (2020) USA

Post by Noisenik »

Cheers for sharing that, Graham. Nice singers' line-up. Wonder whether Patton is up to his usual vocal gymnastics. Will check it out for sure.
I am ... the One you warned me of
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

No Milano no S.O.D.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:03 am No Milano no S.O.D.
Seems a rather strange position to take when so very few bands retain the same members throughout a group's lifetime, but if you'd rather call this 'Three Quarters Of S.O.D. with Guest Vocalists' then that's your right i suppose.
Sorry if i triggered you. :lol:
It doesn't seem likely that they'll reunite with Milano or that they'll do anything else S.O.D. related now that lockdown's over & they're all busy with their day jobs again so this might be the Sgt.'s last dance in any form which is why i thought i'd share it.
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

same here.
No Biafra no Dead Kennedys
No Lemmy no Motorhead
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Zanker wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:43 pm
same here.
No Lemmy no Motorhead
You're putting Billy Milano alongside iconic figures like Jello & Lemmy? Even Billy's own mum wouldn't put him in that bracket. :lol: It's a just a bootleg curio, a bit of fun recorded during lockdown. Nothing to get upset about.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Quite some unexpected worship of “that other dude from that Anthrax side project“. :D
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

bigfootkit wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:12 am
same here.
No Lemmy no Motorhead
You're putting Billy Milano alongside iconic figures like Jello & Lemmy? Even Billy's own mum wouldn't put him in that bracket. :lol: It's a just a bootleg curio, a bit of fun recorded during lockdown. Nothing to get upset about.
haha..I was sure to get a reply when i put Milano indeed between those iconic figures and Milano is not, i know. My point is...the vocals for me define a band. The iconic figures are just examples...To each their own, ofcourse...(not upset at all...opinions come in many ways)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Zanker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm My point is...the vocals for me define a band.
I totally get it. You were citing Lem & Jello as unique & instantly recognisible singers rather than attempting to elevate Milano to cultural icon status. :lol: I thought that was what you meant, but i had to be sure. :wink:
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:56 am
Zanker wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:08 pm My point is...the vocals for me define a band.
I totally get it. You were citing Lem & Jello as unique & instantly recognisible singers rather than attempting to elevate Milano to cultural icon status. :lol: I thought that was what you meant, but i had to be sure. :wink:
My point exactly ! :D
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

For what it's worth, I view S.O.D., M.O.D., and pretty much all other punk-style Thrash as stuff I outgrew a while ago, I even sold my two M.O.D. albums (first presses of USA for M.O.D. and Gross Misconduct) recently considering that I never listen to them nowadays. So I don't necessarily put Billy on a high pedestal, but as you guys know there's all that drama revolving Charlie Benante and Billy that from an outsider's perspective seems incredibly petty. So to see that they did a small web-based project where they seemingly purposely didn't include him is a bit shitty.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:49 am For what it's worth, I view S.O.D., M.O.D., and pretty much all other punk-style Thrash as stuff I outgrew a while ago, I even sold my two M.O.D. albums (first presses of USA for M.O.D. and Gross Misconduct) recently considering that I never listen to them nowadays. So I don't necessarily put Billy on a high pedestal, but as you guys know there's all that drama revolving Charlie Benante and Billy that from an outsider's perspective seems incredibly petty. So to see that they did a small web-based project where they seemingly purposely didn't include him is a bit shitty.
Had no idea that there was any drama between BM & CB, that's a pity, but despite that Billy may well have been asked to participate but didn't have the tech to do so, or may have declined the invite for a myriad of other reasons. Just because there's some current 'beef' between them, doesn't neccessarily mean that he was excluded. It's not exactly a new situation as they've all taked shit about each other at various points in the past and then got over it, with the possible exception of Dan Lilker who's kept his counsel as far as i'm aware.
Just for the record, they didn't bill this as S.O.D., i think it was credited to 'Charlie Benante & Friends' when the videos were uploaded, but as it's Ian, Lilker & Benante, it's no surprise that the bootleg bears that name.
Benante recorded a multitude of cover versions regularly via zoom with lots of different musicians throughout lockdown, most of which were later collected on the 'Silver Linings' 2-LP & the 'Moving Pitchers' EP.
None of the S.O.D. stuff or the covers that he, Ian & Lilker did with guest vocalists featured on either of those official releases.
mustardgasattack

Post by mustardgasattack »

same here.
No Lemmy no Motorhead
Billy Milano is a stupid fat Trumper asshole and the others probably arent keen to have someone who you know, actually endorses right wing bullshit singing their non PC lyrics that were 100% meant to be tongue in cheek. Thats how it seems to me.
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

mustardgasattack wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:10 am

same here.
No Lemmy no Motorhead
Billy Milano is a stupid fat Trumper asshole and the others probably arent keen to have someone who you know, actually endorses right wing bullshit singing their non PC lyrics that were 100% meant to be tongue in cheek. Thats how it seems to me.
Ah yes because left wing bullshit is so much better. I wish all political lyrics, tongue-in-cheek or not, would fuck off from Metal completely. Punk rockers can have that shit all they want, but Metal is terrible when it has "social issue" type of lyrics.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:47 am Ah yes because left wing bullshit is so much better. I wish all political lyrics, tongue-in-cheek or not, would fuck off from Metal completely. Punk rockers can have that shit all they want, but Metal is terrible when it has "social issue" type of lyrics.
But Metal has always touched on social/political issues & it's where some of the very best songs come from.
In the Vietnam era you had loads of anti-war songs like Sabbath's War Pigs & plenty of pro & anti drugs songs (sometimes by the very same bands, ie: Snowblind/Hand Of Doom).
In the NWoBHM era a lot of the songs dealt with the soaring unemployment rates & lack of opportunities (Fist - SS Giro, Priest's Breaking The Law), and Maiden even had Eddie decapitating then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher on the sleeve of the Sanctuary 45. Their disapproval of her wasn't exactly unambiguous.
Once you get into the Thrash era the political/social content becomes ever more overt. Metallica for example, were singing about nuclear war (Trapped Under Ice), the death penalty (Ride The Lightning), the environment (Blackened), drugs (Master...), and they were easily one of the less political bands in the genre.
Moving on, bands like Carcass & Napalm Death made their animal rights & anti-capitalist agendas very clear, and the wider extreme scene covered pretty much every other social/political point of view or bone of contention in some shape or form, no matter how niche or ludicrous.
If the different strands & eras of Metal share anything at all it's that it's always been the sound of rebellion, whether as a vague notion like on something like We're Not Gonna Take It or a very specific issue as in Body Count's No Lives Matter.
I'm reminded of this exchange from the classic film 'The Wild One', which might be the perfect Metal lyrical blueprint.
A: What are you rebelling against Johnny?
B: What have you got?
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnjYOF0Wb8