Record hunting in Torshavn (Faroe Islands)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Khnud

Record hunting in Torshavn (Faroe Islands)

Post by Khnud »

Ok, so I'm going to Torshavn in the Faroe Islands with work in about a month. Already checked and there are apparently two record stores in town, Oceania Records and TUTL. The latter also doubles as a record label. Will of course pay both of them a visit and try to score these:

https://www.discogs.com/release/1014229 ... ck-Tonight (the AOR label scares me somewhat but they're listed as a hard rock band in their bio)
https://www.discogs.com/release/9273508 ... ome-People

Has anyone on here ever been to the Faroe Islands? More stuff to check out (not just record related)? Good food, sights etc?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
DaN
Administructor

Re: Record hunting in Torshavn (Faroe Islands)

Post by DaN »

Oooooh... that's a cool location. Me & Lina were considering it as a vacation spot a few years ago, but eventually settled for New Zealand, then covid happened.

..and of course I did the exact same thing and researched all I could about the local rock/rare vinyl scene :lol:
Can't help much with tips, but the faroe language is f-ing beautiful.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Wow, wish i could help with your query but that's a pretty niche destination. I used to know a woman who travelled a lot with the Scotland national football team's supporters (aka The Tartan Army) all over the world, and i asked her once what was the best place she'd ever been & without hesitation she said the Faroe Islands. She reckoned it was the most beautiful place she'd ever been & that the people were incredibly friendly & welcoming, so even if you don't turn up a grail or 2 it sounds like you may still manage to enjoy your stay. Happy hunting!
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

In case you'll find there the local Northern Thunder "Aurora Borealis" LP from 1984 we don't wanna know at all! :D
Should be NWOBHM inspired Power Metal with US Metal hints like a mix of Metallica, Blitzkrieg and Jag Panzer... :twisted:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Nice try, I have no plans wasting my time looking for records that don’t exist.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight