Heavy Metal as a Lifestyle.

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
bigfootkit

Re: Heavy Metal as a Lifestyle.

Post by bigfootkit »

VictimeDelExil wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:39 am Really the furthest I go with political badges or anything is I have an anti-communist pin on my leather jacket. I think it offends the right kind of people.
I wouldn't have thought that you'd run into many Communists in Kentucky.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Well Panopticon are from there..... :lol:
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

bigfootkit wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:52 am
VictimeDelExil wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:39 am Really the furthest I go with political badges or anything is I have an anti-communist pin on my leather jacket. I think it offends the right kind of people.
I got it back when I lived in California. No real reason to take it off.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

If I was in a Metal show in Kentucky, I'd be way more worried about some other folk approaching me.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:17 am
If I was in a Metal show in Kentucky, I'd be way more worried about some other folk approaching me.

Every response to my comment has only confused me further.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Kentucky's not the deep south ...people watch way too much TV..... :lol:
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

wicked keeper wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:34 am Kentucky's not the deep south ...people watch way too much TV..... :lol:
You won't believe how often people accuse me of being a cousin-fucker. lol
zincalloy

Post by zincalloy »

Regarding posers, I know a guy who used to wear a jacket full of patches from metal bands and the guy never even bought a single metal cd or vinyl.That for me is the worst kind of "metalheads" and they are more than someone would think.Many "metaL" girls have this kind of mentality, wear a t-shirt to attract attention from a band that they don't own a single piece of metal music.I really despise this kind of posers
otcmetal

Post by otcmetal »

I'm from Kentucky too, and the only people you're gonna find at a Metal show around here are the ones that WANT to be there. From my experience, most folks that don't like it don't want to hear a note of it. You couldn't drag them in. And, no, we're not ALL a bunch of deliverance types or "cousin fuckers". :roll: :lol:
VictimeDelExil

Post by VictimeDelExil »

zincalloy wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:40 pm Regarding posers, I know a guy who used to wear a jacket full of patches from metal bands and the guy never even bought a single metal cd or vinyl.That for me is the worst kind of "metalheads" and they are more than someone would think.Many "metaL" girls have this kind of mentality, wear a t-shirt to attract attention from a band that they don't own a single piece of metal music.I really despise this kind of posers
Same man, they're atrocious. I hate those vests that just have tons and tons of patches too, it just looks like eye-vomit.
otcmetal wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:25 pm I'm from Kentucky too, and the only people you're gonna find at a Metal show around here are the ones that WANT to be there. From my experience, most folks that don't like it don't want to hear a note of it. You couldn't drag them in. And, no, we're not ALL a bunch of deliverance types or "cousin fuckers". :roll: :lol:
For sure, but we also have a very stagnant metal scene - pretty much every other person here seems to think Metal = Pantera and all the core garbage. But maybe that's because I'm in a moral rural part.
msp

Post by msp »

The Reds are under the beds EVERYWHERE....
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

otcmetal wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:25 pm

I'm from Kentucky too, and the only people you're gonna find at a Metal show around here are the ones that WANT to be there. From my experience, most folks that don't like it don't want to hear a note of it. You couldn't drag them in. And, no, we're not ALL a bunch of deliverance types or "cousin fuckers". :roll: :lol:
I actually got quite a good impression of Kentucky's scene via some communication with Adam from The Hookers several years back whilst buying some CDs & shirts from him. Anytime i got a package from him there would be a bunch of flyers for local gigs included which gave me the impression there was a supportive little scene going on. I thought it was a cool gesture on his part to get some local bands names out to a wider audience that way. I didn't make it to any of the shows of course as Scotland to Kentucky is a bit of a trek, :lol: but do i recall checking out a few of the groups on myspace at the time & though nothing blew me away exactly the bands all sounded proficient & energetic & the accompanying pix made it look like there were at least some well attended club shows going on.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Wait - you mean to say you ordered stuff from Adam Neal and actually received it? :shock: :lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

wicked keeper wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:13 am Wait - you mean to say you ordered stuff from Adam Neal and actually received it? :shock: :lol:
If people have had problems with Adam then i'm surprised as that was never my experience. I ordered stuff from him many times & never had any issues with him, in fact he'd often fling in extra stuff. I only once had a problem, but that was whilst Adam was out on tour so 'Juan Badmutha' then stepped in & sorted it out for me.