Bands sounding like mid period - Metallica: When they were more Technical Thrash Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
sami78

Bands sounding like mid period - Metallica: When they were more Technical Thrash Metal

Post by sami78 »

Hi guys, could you tell me bands / similar albums like the mid-period of Metallica, i mean the TECNICAL THRASH-METAL style of METALLICA...
DaN
Administructor

Re: Bands sounding like mid period - Metallica: When they were more Technical Thrash Metal

Post by DaN »

Puppets/Justice-type stuff? This sound was one of the most copied in the late 80's so where to start... Excluding all the obvious Bay Area- and US bands... Maybe you're also familiar with the debuts of bands like VENDETTA, PARADOX, MORTAL SIN etc? Or are you looking for tips on really obscure stuff?
Noisenik

Re: Bands sounding like mid period - Metallica: When they were more Technical Thrash Metal

Post by Noisenik »

If you're looking for dead-on copies, Sweds EARTHQUAKE would probably fit, then to some extent Japanese OUTRAGE, Russians ŽELEZNIJ POTOK,...

When DaN mentioned MORTAL SIN and PARADOX, early XENTRIX should not be omitted, then ROSICRUCIAN,...

Italians EXTREMA, BRAINDAMAGE maybe...

If there ever was an album inspired by Master Of Puppets and inspiring at the same time, it's FLOTSAM's No Place For Disgrace.
I am ... the One you warned me of