"Library-Metal"? (Slugs 1988 movie band playing at the party)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Nonseinormale65

Re: "Library-Metal"? (Slugs 1988 movie band playing at the party)

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

Library music? yessssssss!!! Of course Italy have some very good (and rare!!!) albums especially the ones released in the 70s,here are some that
every metalhead who loves also hard/prog/proto doom should listen...remember,these are not bands but studio projects made to sonorize spots, movies, tv series etc. etc. here are somes:

First of all my favourite one...a must for every proto doom lover, a mix of dark/doom,prog and psych...the title says it all!!!

Blue Phantom - Distortions (1971) -

and then

Blue Sharks -

The Braen's Machine -

Oscar Lindok and his Friends -

I Mark 4 -
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Nonseinormale65 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:00 am Library music? yessssssss!!! Of course Italy have some very good (and rare!!!) albums especially the ones released in the 70s,here are some that every metalhead who loves also hard/prog/proto doom should listen...remember,these are not bands but studio projects made to sonorize spots, movies, tv series etc. etc. here are somes:
First of all my favourite one...a must for every proto doom lover, a mix of dark/doom,prog and psych...the title says it all!!!
I had no idea that the Blue Phantom LP was a studio library project. Makes sense now i know, as whenever i hear that opening song i can't help but immediately picture long-haired hippy girls in headbands, go-go boots & hot-pants frugging away in a cage in some long-lost imaginary low-brow psychsploitation film. :D
I'm not familiar with Blue Sharks, The Braen's Machine or Oscar Lindok and his Friends, so thanks for the recommendations. That era also had the short-lived phenomenon of pre-existing bands recording music specifically for films, with their efforts only appearing overseas for the most part such as Freedom's 'Nerosubianco (Black On White)' soundtrack & the Pretty Things records made under the 'Electric Banana' pseudonym. .
Should we be considering releases like those 'library music' also, and if so does that distinction bring any further Metallic releases to light?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Anyone in the mood for some more Wozo? Turns out that they contributed 7 songs to this 1978 library comp LP:
https://www.discogs.com/release/2275654 ... tly-Stoned
Nothing here is as Corro-worthy as 'Forces Of Evil' but 'Walking On Water' at least has a terrific basslline & a fine 70 Heavy Rock geetar solo to recommend it. You can avoid the others by Wozo, they all suck. The opening track by Flint could pass as a Status Quo or Spider B-Side if you enjoy a bit of boogie, but that's about all the LP has to offer unless you enjoy hearing session musicians having a stab at Punk & New Wave. :D

Seems Wozo also recorded a full length library LP of new-agey analogue synth music too:
https://www.discogs.com/release/2690113 ... wer-Source
And finally i haven't got to this LP yet which is a 2-way split library comp between Wozo & Flint, but becaue of the 1981 release date i hold on to a faint ridiculous hope that they may have a go at some NWoBHM :
https://www.discogs.com/master/2902315- ... ars-Of-Pop
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Not my particular cup of blood I do luw the grimey backing vocals in the chorus :lol:
Cool find! I'm doubtful about that "25 years.." album though. Too early for the exploitationalists to have awaken I think...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 pm Not my particular cup of blood I do luw the grimey backing vocals in the chorus :lol:
Cool find! I'm doubtful about that "25 years.." album though. Too early for the exploitationalists to have awaken I think...
I think you may be talking about the Flint song at the start of the album, (the YT video is the entire LP). The 'good' Wozo song begins at 5:16 & reminds me of the funk-infused late 70's Budgie material from their A&M albums. Not my favourite era of Budgie, but i still like it enough to predispose me to find the Wozo song appealing.
I gave Wozo's synth album a listen & did find it strangely listenable even though that style of music isn't usually my bag. The were cerainly a versatile unit.
As you said, the '25 Years...' record is likely too early to have much of interest within, but blind hope springs eternal. :D