GOOD YouTube channels?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
DaN
Administructor

Re: GOOD YouTube channels?

Post by DaN »

Mattila wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:24 am Alan Averill on Metalploitation, "partly inspired by The Corroseum":
Cheers for the heads' up on this one. A really cool chat and the Corro'-plugging of course made me :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A few hours left and hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a few hours' of nappin, but 3.00 CET / 21.00 EST 'tis time once again:

Heavy Metallurgy #136

Soooo many cool records to blabber about and I'm sure that goes for all 3 of us!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:27 pm A few hours left and hopefully I'll be able to sneak in a few hours' of nappin, but 3.00 CET / 21.00 EST 'tis time once again:Soooo many cool records to blabber about and I'm sure that goes for all 3 of us!
That was a terrific watch fellas, a great topic that led to the discussion of some really fine records. Extra kudos for the inclusion of Liquid Earth & Lester Maddox, fine choices both. BTW, you were half right DaN, the real Lester Maddox was a right-wing anti-integration governor from the U.S. South, but this was in the 1960's rather than the 19th century. His politics were so resolutely 19th century that i completely understand why you'd recall it like that.
Sorry i couldn't join the chat as i completely blanked on my password in a 'senior moment', but very much appreciated 'the shout-out' & kind words about the old blog. Even if it did make me literally blush :oops: which i'd reasonably figured i was by now physically incapable of doing.
I got completely hooked watching it live which means it's now 6:00 am in Saturday morning & bloody cold, so damn you all for robbing me of my (badly needed) beauty sleep. :lol:
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

That was an excellent episode.

Cheers!
20231209_143313.jpg
20231209_143313.jpg (112.04 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

I like this one, a little bit of everything: https://www.youtube.com/@radiofreeinnsmouth1337/videos
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Glad folks enjoyed DaN's appearance on Heavy Metallurgy. A big thank-you to DaN for joining us on the show and for posting the link to the episode here! We'll bring him back on in 2024 when schedules align.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Man I suck w/ timely feedbacks :oops:
..but we're all getting older and slowness has now become a virtue.

Another fun episode. Rewatching this just now I recognize how I was way more sleep-deprived this time around. Still a blast and another huge thx to Alan & Marty for the invitation.

@kit:
Really cool you managed to stay awake for this one. Crossing fingers (upside-down of corpse) that you'll be able to sort out the techy bits and do a session as well. We DEMAND a live session of ye olde L&O/CotU admin - be it HM or LTM or wherever..
doomedplanet wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:55 pm That was an excellent episode.

Cheers!

20231209_143313.jpg
Looking healthy! :D
Is that the original SA artwork in the background btw?
I'd also like to put in a vote for you joining a future chat. If we get 5+ hear-hear's, you don't even get a say in the matter :lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:55 pm @kit:
Really cool you managed to stay awake for this one. Crossing fingers (upside-down of corpse) that you'll be able to sort out the techy bits and do a session as well. We DEMAND a live session of ye olde L&O/CotU admin - be it HM or LTM or wherever..
doomedplanet wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:55 pm That was an excellent episode.

Cheers!

20231209_143313.jpg
Looking healthy! :D
Is that the original SA artwork in the background btw?
I'd also like to put in a vote for you joining a future chat. If we get 5+ hear-hear's, you don't even get a say in the matter :lol:
I'll happily add a 'Hear-Hear' to encourage a future appearance by doomedplanet. Would love to see Rob & his collection of arcane wax on a future episode.
I doubt you'll see me appearing anytime soon, i'm such a dinosaur that i've never even owned a mobile phone so figuring out web cams & such seems unlikely/implausible.
It was nice to be asked though, so i won't entirely rule out the possibility.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 7:25 amI'll happily add a 'Hear-Hear' to encourage a future appearance by doomedplanet. Would love to see Rob & his collection of arcane wax on a future episode.
I doubt you'll see me appearing anytime soon, i'm such a dinosaur that i've never even owned a mobile phone so figuring out web cams & such seems unlikely/implausible.
It was nice to be asked though, so i won't entirely rule out the possibility.
I second that. It would be extremely nice to have Graham and Rob in the show and not only bcs of the knowledge. Graham would add nice Scottish accent to it. :wink:
I am ... the One you warned me of
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Hear, hear! Since forums are basically dead, and Youtube's getting old - us geezers should at least embrace the second most arcane method of discussion.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:40 am Graham would add nice Scottish accent to it. :wink:
I'm afraid i don't have one of those 'nice' lilting Scottish accents that you hear up in the Highlands or in the East of the country. I'm from the West, on the outskirts of Glasgow, so i sound 'as rough as a badger's arse' & my accent makes me largely incomprehensible to anyone outside of the area. Subtitles definitely required. :lol:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm mostly interested in knowing whether you look and/or sound like Billy Connolly. :-D
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gasp! Almost died laughing. Badger's arse sounds rough? A few yrs ago in midsummer we had a badger coming visiting us regularly for a supper for almost a week. Poor chap (or maybe it was a girl) must have been so hungry that it was sneaking around my feet. Extremely strange behaviour for a badger, who fears (in)humans like a plague. But I didn't detect any arsenoise (again hunger may be the cause). :lol: :lol:
bigfootkit wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:08 amI'm afraid i don't have one of those 'nice' lilting Scottish accents that you hear up in the Highlands or in the East of the country. I'm from the West, on the outskirts of Glasgow, so i sound 'as rough as a badger's arse' & my accent makes me largely incomprehensible to anyone outside of the area. Subtitles definitely required. :lol:
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 1:48 pm :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gasp! Almost died laughing. Badger's arse sounds rough? A few yrs ago in midsummer we had a badger coming visiting us regularly for a supper for almost a week. Poor chap (or maybe it was a girl) must have been so hungry that it was sneaking around my feet. Extremely strange behaviour for a badger, who fears (in)humans like a plague. But I didn't detect any arsenoise (again hunger may be the cause). :lol: :lol:
Glad you enjoyed that colourful local saying, it applies to anything that's a bit rough rather than being specific to noise or sound. For instance the morning after a night's drinking you might say you feel 'as rough as a badger's arse' or if you were perhaps to go home with a young lady who wasn't the 'belle of the ball', your friends might later take the piss by remarking that she was 'rough as...' etc. :oops: :lol:
No idea how accurate the phrase is with regard to that part of a badger's anatomy, because as you rightly say, they generally steer well clear of people. Your encounter sounds very out of character, and your theory that it was starving (or perhaps ill) seems the only likely reason for it to willingly interact with people. Lucky for the badger he chose someone who wanted to help it & it sounds like you had a very fortunate opportunity to see him or her at close quarters. I'm envious as i've only ever seen one, as a child, & it quickly became aggressive & frightened us off, so even then i didn't see it for very long.
Khnud wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:48 am I'm mostly interested in knowing whether you look and/or sound like Billy Connolly. :-D
When i was younger i did look a little like Connolly at least in terms of my hair, though these days i probably more resemble Bill Bailey. :shock: :lol:
Connolly's accent has become far more genteel over the years, (at least to my ears), but if you go back to his classic early/mid 70's work i don't sound dissimilar, though i'm not nearly as funny.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

A thought just occured to me that might explain that 'rough as a badger's arse' phrase. Didn't they use badger bristles to make early shaving brushes because they were so tough? Might partially explain the origins of the saying.