The Heavy Metal Mania - The German HR/HM guide

Discussions and comments on The Corroseum website, its articles, features and reviews.
DaN
Administructor

Re: The Heavy Metal Mania - The German HR/HM guide

Post by DaN »

I had a feeling this would be up your alley. I wouldn't say it's as special as Trivales, but both singles has definitely motivated me to dig deeper into the small & elusive NWOGHM 7" scene..

Trivial anecdote: While doing the sunday house cleaning I came upon a small piece of paper that I almost threw in the trash, thinking it was just some of Mia's random scriblings. Luckily I unfolded it before throwing it away and it turned out to be the lyrics insert of the single that must have fell out of the sleeve during First Play :lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:38 pm I had a feeling this would be up your alley. I wouldn't say it's as special as Trivales, but both singles has definitely motivated me to dig deeper into the small & elusive NWOGHM 7" scene..

Trivial anecdote: While doing the sunday house cleaning I came upon a small piece of paper that I almost threw in the trash, thinking it was just some of Mia's random scriblings. Luckily I unfolded it before throwing it away and it turned out to be the lyrics insert of the single that must have fell out of the sleeve during First Play :lol:
Most definitely my cup of tea. Many more releases of the calibre of this & Trivales & i may yet be forced to recalibrate my long-standing preconceptions about the olde Germanic scene.
BTW, you seem to have an uncanny knack for picking out really specific musical comparisons & you nailed it yet again when you likened the B-Side of this one to something off Rainbow's 'Down To Earth'. Spot on.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:38 pm I had a feeling this would be up your alley. I wouldn't say it's as special as Trivales, but both singles has definitely motivated me to dig deeper into the small & elusive NWOGHM 7" scene..
This compilation & the forthcoming 2nd volume might be good for some pointers re the olde German 45 scene:

https://www.discogs.com/release/2000967 ... 8-Volume-1 :shock:

I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
emosteel

Post by emosteel »

From the track list of ''SOUND & ACTION – Rare German Hardrock And Heavy Metal Vol.2" (https://vampster.com/news/sound-action- ... vol-2-v-a/), I discover two German bands unknown to me who released on vinyl:
SKY – Can You Hear Me (1979, 7″ Single)
and
BLAST – Deep In The Night (1983, 12″ EP)

There is information about BLAST here - https://www.discogs.com/release/1367626 ... one-Affair
Unfortunately, I can't find any information about SKY on the web. Perhaps Prowler will know something about.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Is Vaggelis still around? I'm sure he'll love this one :lol:

MARK TERRY - Rock'n'Roll Weirdo 12" EP 1986 review

My rip:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

DaN wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:02 pm Is Vaggelis still around? I'm sure he'll love this one :lol:

Haha :D too cool thanks a lot for sharing.Yes i heard a track some months before.Exactly what i looked for.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Vaggelis wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:23 pm
DaN wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:02 pm Is Vaggelis still around? I'm sure he'll love this one :lol:

Haha :D too cool thanks a lot for sharing.Yes i heard a track some months before.Exactly what i looked for.
Knew you'd enjoy it :wink:
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I think, it´s a really good EP...Need to relisten to it, but I remember it had two really strong tracks and none bad song. Yes, and also an extremely rare one...I remember that I knew about it´s existence for an eternity but never even came across the cover....
Morton

Post by Morton »

Little correction for Lizard (Sundern)

Uli Bohne was the lead singer (and keyboardist) of the band but just on the 1st demo Primeval Times.

After he left the band and Holger Vehne and Burkhard Keller shared the vocals on their later releases.

You can check the inlays of the demo tapes and as I live near the village of Sundern, I saw the band a few times live.
ObsessedByCruelty

Post by ObsessedByCruelty »

A friend sent me this picture of Rock-Virus.
emosteel

Post by emosteel »

Black Velvet – House Of Dreams / Spread Your Wings 7'' 1984 [C.B.R. – S 8410]

https://www.discogs.com/release/2231749 ... Your-Wings

А single to add to band Black Velvet, which is in the Guide.