RITUAL STEEL - Blitz Invasion (2004)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mordred

RITUAL STEEL - Blitz Invasion (2004)

Post by mordred »

I stocked up on some Ritual Steel CD's the other day and I really fell for their second album "Blitz Invasion" of 2004. I can't stop listening to this album, and I can't stop headbanging! All songs on this album are furios maelstroms oozing with dedication and pure metal might! A long list of influences are crammed into this; Metal Church-esque grinding doomsday-riffing, Agent Steel-like speed metal, Maiden-galopping and quirky breaks and structures, reminiscent of the mighty Mercyful Fate. On top of that they have a vocalist who sounds like David Wayne and King Diamond rolled into one, who delivers with passion and conviction rather than technique. You need to check this album out!

The musicians playing under the Ritual Steel name today is an entirely different band with only the drummer remaining from the first two albums. The other guys have regrouped under the banner of Titan Steele and have a new album in the making. The new songs sound more straight forward and not as great as the old Ritual Steel-material. But check out their myspace site anyway, cause besides two new songs they also have the title track from "Blitz Invasion" available for listening. Believe me, you got to hear it.

http://www.myspace.com/titansteele
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Levi

Post by Levi »

Yeah, like it too. More consistent than their debut 'A Hell of a Knight', although that one had some greater songs.