XYSTER: demos 1987-88.

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Ernest Thesiger

XYSTER: demos 1987-88.

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Intense Slayerised Frash from Warrington, Cheshire. These two demos were recorded on 4-track (their last tape, Black Bible, was their first studio effort) but sound a lot more effective that the In Good Faith..? album.

COCK-UP ALERT! The first song on Children of Violence is encoded at 128 rather than 192 kbps, although it doesn't seem to sound worse than the other tracks, and there's an embarrassing system alert sound plink-plonking some 1' 10" into the last song. These aren't my rips, but I thought I'd warn you. Apart from that, enjoy!

Xyster, Children of Violence demo 1987
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I0FK76P5

1. Firestorm
2. Dead Life / The Hour of Death
3. Frozen Mind
4. Burning the Cross
5. Suicide
6. Children of Violence

Xyster, In Cold Blood demo 1988
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XDNYMCZ

1. Inquisition
2. Subnormal
3. Xyster
4. Genetic Deformity [*]
5. In Search of the Swastika
6. In Cold Blood
7. Death Sentence

[*] I nearly typed "Genital Deformity".
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

EVERYONE who claim to be a fan of brutal stuff need to check this out! I'll try and remember to bring the TED HEATH demo for upload tomorrow.
Enforcer

Post by Enforcer »

This sounds really interesting!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for the demos !
I'll give this band another chance, if my memories are good, their album was rather average !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

omen of hate wrote:if my memories are good, their album was rather average !
Your memory is excellent. These early recordings on the other hand ---> Death By Evil Hell-KIll!! :twisted:
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks, will download later :twisted:
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Holy Fuck !! This is great !!! Reminds me sometimes of Recipients Of Death. Can indeed someone re-release this on LP, please?
Long Live The Loud !!!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

I only have the In Cold Blood demo, the LP, and the Black Blood demo. Ive always wanted to hear Children Of Violence. Thanks a lot for this!

Ive seen the '30 Minutes of Metal' demo on some tradelists, but I never got it. Does anyone know if its as good as the other demos?
Ernest Thesiger

BloodOfChrist wrote:Ive seen the '30 Minutes of Metal' demo on some tradelists, but I never got it. Does anyone know if its as good as the other demos?
I downloaded it but one song was cut, so I didn't keep it. It's easily as heavy as the other stuff, and Steve Hatton (Xyster guit/voc) claimed it was his favourite of all their tapes.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BloodOfChrist wrote:Ive seen the '30 Minutes of Metal' demo on some tradelists, but I never got it. Does anyone know if its as good as the other demos?
I didn't recognize the title at first but when I checked Metal Archives it turns out this is the TED HEATH demo I was talking about - now available for your listening pleasure:

http://rapidshare.com/files/39797120/TE ... 6.rar.html

Ripped at a whopping 320kbps and straight from an original tape if I remember correctly. This is my fave of all their tapes. It has the best vocals and the lead riff in Eternal Conflagration is to die for!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Thanks, this raging stuff, great !!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

DaN wrote:
I didn't recognize the title at first but when I checked Metal Archives it turns out this is the TED HEATH demo I was talking about - now available for your listening pleasure:

Ripped at a whopping 320kbps and straight from an original tape if I remember correctly. This is my fave of all their tapes. It has the best vocals and the lead riff in Eternal Conflagration is to die for!
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
I downloaded it but one song was cut, so I didn't keep it. It's easily as heavy as the other stuff, and Steve Hatton (Xyster guit/voc) claimed it was his favourite of all their tapes.
Nice! Thanks a lot to both of you! Im going to download it now.
Ernest Thesiger

omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote:

The track-lists of the TED HEATH demo and the "30 minutes of Metal" demo are indeed the same. Is it 2 different recordings or the same demo released under 2 different band names ?
Ernest Thesiger

omen of hate wrote:The track-lists of the TED HEATH demo and the "30 minutes of Metal" demo are indeed the same. Is it 2 different recordings or the same demo released under 2 different band names ?
I always thought they'd already changed their name to Xyster by the time 30MoM was released, & that they'd recorded one demo as Ted Heath previously. That was my understanding from reading UK zines from '89/'90. Hmm.