Bootleg warning thread LP (2019)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Khnud

Bootleg warning thread LP (2019)

Post by Khnud »

Is there a recent boot of this? https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/D ... nce/425411
Suddenly a lot of cheap-ish copies have appeared, all of them offered from sellers in Russia / Eastern Europe.
Do you know?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
msp

Re: Bootleg warning thread LP (2019)

Post by msp »

Khnud wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:43 am Is there a recent boot of this? https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/D ... nce/425411
Suddenly a lot of cheap-ish copies have appeared, all of them offered from sellers in Russia / Eastern Europe.
Do you know?
I know there was a recent-ish reissue on Roxx Records - maybe that is what you are seeing?
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
mordred

Post by mordred »

I bought this from a Russian seller five or six years ago. Same with the first Tourniquet and possibly some other Intense Records vinyl. I used to see them offered in Russia a lot more often than other countries. I don't know, but my theory has always been this.

Vinyl was more or less dead in the US in 1990. The last vinyl releases on Intense were in 1990, and everyone else also quit manufacturing vinyl. By 1992 or so, Intense was probably sitting on a large dead stock of obsolete product. Nobody in Europe wanted it (they didn't care much for the bands and vinyl was being phased out there too anyway), so they sold it dirt cheap to Russia.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Makes sense, it's almost always releases on Intense Records, offered by sellers in Russia, The Ukraine, Poland or thereabouts.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight