Kat - Metal And Hell/666 + single releases from '84-'86.

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Nightlock

Kat - Metal And Hell/666 + single releases from '84-'86.

Post by Nightlock »

I'm interesting in picking this stuff up just curious about the prices for whatever different pressings of "Metal And Hell" and "666" and the three (?) singles they released. I am kind of under the impression "Metal and Hell" and "666" were released more than once on vinyl. Also are there any bootlegs I should look out for?

Thanks.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
peterott

Re: Kat - Metal And Hell/666 + single releases from '84-'86.

Post by peterott »

Nightlock wrote:I'm interesting in picking this stuff up just curious about the prices for whatever different pressings of "Metal And Hell" and "666" and the three (?) singles they released. I am kind of under the impression "Metal and Hell" and "666" were released more than once on vinyl. Also are there any bootlegs I should look out for?

Thanks.

at least 2 out of the 3 (or all 3) were Polish fanclub releases, limited to 1000 copies if I remember correctly. However the Czas Zemsty / Time Of Revenge 7" is the rarest one, as it doesn't appear very often. All were pressed by Tonpress Rec., never had a cover only a plain white or blue sleeve, two 7"es have a KAT sticker on the plain sleeves (these are even crappier "covers" than all the Arakain/Törr 7"-EPs done by Suppraphon).

Paid 20 Euros for each of them around 4 years ago, before KAT reformed. So prices where "normal" then, except for a mint copy of oddech, that was impossible already then. I guess you have to pay now twice the price.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Nightlock wrote:I'm interesting in picking this stuff up just curious about the prices for whatever different pressings of "Metal And Hell" and "666" and the three (?) singles they released. I am kind of under the impression "Metal and Hell" and "666" were released more than once on vinyl. Also are there any bootlegs I should look out for?

Thanks.
About "Metal and hell" (the english sung version): it was originally released in Poland by Pronil and in Belgium by Ambush records. The covers are different: pol version with a blurry colory pentagram-logo, the bel version in red/white only. Don't pay more than 10-15 eur for the polish pressing at least.

"666", the polish version, is of course the ultimate release of KAT. It was released by the kind of collector-club label Razem and is very hard to find but well worth waiting for. A very evil cover showing a butcher ("kat" meaning butcher). This version just exists in the Razem pressing I'm sure. I paid 30-35 eur approx, from a polish seller.

I've never heard about any bootlegs on LP but for the CD reissues there are a couple of re-releases with bootleg status.
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

An old Polish friend mentioned he had seen a KAT pic-Disc on the wall at a friends place ages ago. Never heard of something like that before. Maybe he confused it w/ some other band?

I've never seen that Belgian version btw. Any pictures of it available?

I've always wondered: are the recordings on the 2nd and 3rd singles the same as on the 666/Metal And Hell albums? Or are they earlier versions like on the Noce Szatana 7"?

I might still have an extra copy of the debut 7" (the easiest one to find) but I'm not sure. Will check later in the week.
peterott

Post by peterott »

one thing came to my mind: Oddech Wymarlych Swiatow was the last LP by KAT, all other releases were directly pressed on CD, however a Bootleg LP of Bastard appeared some months ago (however Oddech was the last perfect record of KAT, all the rest tend to bore me like hell including the Bastard release...sad).

If you really ask me, the 7"-versions are the same as on the LPs. But DaN, if you remember the Blasfemia discussion we had in your appartment about the MLP track and the Rodrigo D. sampler track, it is very very hard to say or to distinguish.

Never saw a Picture vinyl of KAT I must admit.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Thanks a lot for the infor guys, I'm most interested in the first 7", Ostatni Tabor must be my favourite Kat track the old unpolished version anyway. If anyone spots it tell me, I'd be very interested in getting my hands on it.
"On your knees
mordred

Post by mordred »

Did they have a song that was a total rip off of Tank's "Just Like Something from Hell" or was that some other polish band? My KAT knowledge is next to zero i'm afraid. :oops:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote:Did they have a song that was a total rip off of Tank's "Just Like Something from Hell" or was that some other polish band? My KAT knowledge is next to zero i'm afraid. :oops:
Yup, that was Noce Szatana. It's mostly notable on the 7" version since the production is more NWOBHM-sounding there - and way better than the muddy LP mix I might add. What I wouldn't do to have all the songs of the debut LP with a production like that one :roll:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
mordred wrote:Did they have a song that was a total rip off of Tank's "Just Like Something from Hell" or was that some other polish band? My KAT knowledge is next to zero i'm afraid. :oops:
Yup, that was Noce Szatana. It's mostly notable on the 7" version since the production is more NWOBHM-sounding there - and way better than the muddy LP mix I might add. What I wouldn't do to have all the songs of the debut LP with a production like that one :roll:

The production on the LP is raw as fuck, i like it the way it is. The whole album brings out a dark energy, something similar can only be found on the early Running Wild albums. I really can't imagine it with a more polished production.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

yeah, i love the sound on the debut lp
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

ION BRITTON wrote:
DaN wrote:

The production on the LP is raw as fuck, i like it the way it is. The whole album brings out a dark energy, something similar can only be found on the early Running Wild albums. I really can't imagine it with a more polished production.
Yeah very similar occult vibe to Running Wild's first two albums especially the low choirs.
"On your knees
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I think it's poorly mastered. The treble is turned way down into the mudpit. Using an equalizer you can still cram out a decent sound from it, but it took a while for me to really get into the album because of this.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I've been wanting to get into Kat for quite some time, but it seems so hard to come by a 666 LP. All I keep seeing is the Metal and Hell and I don't want any piss poor english substitute. :(
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

This is going to be re-released by Nuclear War Now! if I remember right. And you know what to expect when it comes to Yosuke's releases. :D
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

Metalipeiklo wrote: A very evil cover showing a butcher ("kat" meaning butcher).
I think KAT actually means Executioner. :?:
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!