HOLLOW POINT/SLINGSHOT - Hollow Point Demo (1983) USA

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I was uploading this for a friend and thought the good people of the Corroseum might also enjoy hearing this nifty artifact from the mists of time. A really tight band with an excellent guitar player and some unusual stylistic quirks, they deserve to be better known. I've got more demo & rehearsal material which was recorded later in the bands lifespan that's a bit heavier which i'll post later on. Enjoy. ;)

Promotional Demo Cassette featuring material recorded in 1980/81
whilst the band was known as SLINGSHOT

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ho ... 3540256212

320 kbps

01. Got To Love Me (Radio Session)
02. Commandos (Radio Session)
03. Who's Burnt? (Radio Session)
04. Planet Police (Radio Session)
05. Hatred Fire (Demo #2)
06. Is It Love? (Demo #2)
07. Evil Games (Demo #2)

Sed McGarrett - Vocals
Dan Sullivan - Guitar (STRUTTER, PEACEWORK)
Bob Annable - Bass (STRUTTER)
Leo Leta - Drums

SLINGSHOT/HOLLOW POINT were a Heavy Metal quartet from Cleveland, Ohio, USA.
After their 1980 formation they named themselves Slingshot, and the very first songs they wrote as a band were "Cats In Blackness" and "Heartbeats On The Run".
Both these tracks were recorded for their first five song demo tape later that same year.
In late 1980 Slingshot were the featured act on a radio broadcast, with the band playing live in the recording studio for the programme.
They played four original songs, "Got To Love Me", "Commandos", "Who's Burnt?" and "Planet Police".
In 1981 they recorded their 2nd demo, a three song affair, as well as a one off rehearsal track called "Won't Think Back".
Later in 1981, for a very brief period, singer Sed McGarrett left the band.
Slingshot went on to record their 3rd demo with Bobby Huzac filling in on lead vocals, (although he only sang during these sessions & was never a full time member).
This demo, however, was never released, and soon after the recording bassist Bob Annable left the band.
At this point, with McGarrett back in the band, the remaining trio recruited bassist Joe "Freeze" Sneed, and changed their name to Hollow Point.
In 1982 they recorded a one off rehearsal track with their new lineup, called "Sword Of The Eagle", before then recording their first demo as Hollow Point in early 1983.
This four song tape included what would turn out to be the final new song they wrote together as a band, "Red Death".
Then, also in early 1983, they released the seven song "Hollow Point Demo", a compilation of material recorded whilst they were still known as Slingshot.
It included the 4 1980 live-in-the-studio radio broadcast tracks, and all three songs from their 1981 2nd demo.
This however, would be their final release, as they split up before the end of 1983.

art & txt included

https://1fichier.com/?4et5y0rfs9
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.