IRON MAIDEN anno 2007

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
The Sentinel

IRON MAIDEN anno 2007

Post by The Sentinel »

Saw them live Saturday during the Fields Of Rock festival in Holland. They were the main reason for me to go and they were great again. Iron Maiden NEVER disappoints me. They played 5 songs from the new album which I really enjoy, 5 songs from Number of The Beast. AARRGHH they played Children Of The Damned and the whole crowd went crazy, that song is a masterpiece, period! And of course the usual stuff "Fear of the Dark", The Evil That Man do", "Trooper", Iron Maiden" and some others. They were in a very good mood as always and brought the songs with much energy and joy. As usual there were also some stage effects: A big tank raised from the back of the stage with a big War Eddie in it and Big Eddy was walking on the stage again. Yes it's always the same but I never quit seeing them, they fucking rule. Next year they come back playing almost the whole Powerslave album, well I'm looking forward again.

Up the Irons :twisted:
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Which was the fifth track from Number? They played only 4 in Slovenia - The standard trio + Children of Damned - why can't they play Invaders, 22 Acacia Avenue or Prisoner?! I saw them 2 yars ago on that tour where they were playing stuff from first 4 albums - some really obscure songs from first two and again just the normal set from The Number of the Beast, fuck that!

Just curious, how much was ticket for entire festival and who played there? For example; Iron Maiden + some shitty bands in Slovenia: 55 eur. Iron Maiden + Slayer in Italy, Heineken festival = cca. 40 eur. :evil:
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

You're indeed right, 4 songs from the Number of the beast album, or did I miss one :? I was pretty drunk, haha

I get back to this tomorrow, I need my nap now
Long Live The Loud !!!
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

While I'm of the firm belief that Maiden haven't done anything really worthwhile in the studio for many years, they very rarely fail to deliver on stage. Even lesser songs are OK when they perform them live, and they give everything. A pity the only place to see them in Norway never has good sound for a gig.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I will check them this week end at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium.

btw : does someone have already seen HEAVEN & HELL ?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote:I will check them this week end at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium.

Yes, they were awesome, Dio sings his balls of again, great setlist also !!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

sovdat wrote: Just curious, how much was ticket for entire festival and who played there? For example; Iron Maiden + some shitty bands in Slovenia: 55 eur. Iron Maiden + Slayer in Italy, Heineken festival = cca. 40 eur. :evil:
The price was ridiculous 120 euro for the entire weekend. The Bands:

IRON MAIDEN: Already discussed;

HEAVEN AND HELL: Very great performance from Dio and the rest of the band, thumbs up;

SLAYER: Always the same, they were better then last time when I saw them, playing "Show No Mercy" is always a good thing

MEGADETH: Surprisingly very good, really, 2 new songs which I don't know and the rest from the past. They had a great sound and Mustaine wasn't a shithead, really good performance

MOTORHEAD: always good as always;

OZZY OSBOURNE: Not seen, was too drunk, but from what I heard it wasn't any good

+ a lot of crap
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

omen of hate wrote:I will check them this week end at the Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium.

Btw, have a great weekend there, some friends of mine are going also. I can't because my wallet doesn't allow it/
Long Live The Loud !!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I've heard that the gig in Ljubljana was quite a disappointment. They were not really in the mood that day. And I've heard you listened to it outside the stadium, Boštjan :) ... Well, still better than ...
I am ... the One you warned me of