A database of lost inserts - new site feature!

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
doomedplanet

Re: A database of lost inserts - new site feature!

Post by doomedplanet »

According to the new Queensryche book some copies of the EP on 206 Records has a lyrics insert. Anyone ever seen one?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:54 pm According to the new Queensryche book some copies of the EP on 206 Records has a lyrics insert. Anyone ever seen one?
Nice scoop. After some searching I did find one mention of it:
https://www.popsike.com/QUEENSRYCHE-ORI ... 63324.html

...and one partial pic:
qr-ins.jpg
qr-ins.jpg (19.74 KiB) Viewed 1803 times
This was the ONLY mentions of this insert out of dozens of 206-pressings mentioned on the usual sites, so obviously a VERY rare piece of paper. Exactly the kind of stuff I would love to add to the site so if any die-hard collectors out there has it, they know what to do :)
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:41 pm
doomedplanet wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:54 pm According to the new Queensryche book some copies of the EP on 206 Records has a lyrics insert. Anyone ever seen one?

...and one partial pic:

qr-ins.jpg

This was the ONLY mentions of this insert out of dozens of 206-pressings mentioned on the usual sites, so obviously a VERY rare piece of paper. Exactly the kind of stuff I would love to add to the site so if any die-hard collectors out there has it, they know what to do :)
It'd be interesting to know if the insert came with the ASCAP or BMI pressing on 206 Records. I have the ASCAP one, no insert.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Khnud wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:11 pm
DaN wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:41 pm

...and one partial pic:

qr-ins.jpg

It'd be interesting to know if the insert came with the ASCAP or BMI pressing on 206 Records. I have the ASCAP one, no insert.
I also have the ASCAP version no insert. I've had a couple of other copies before of the 206 pressing, this was in the 90's so I made no distinction between the 2 different cover markings. But I can say I've never seen a copy of that lyrics insert or I would have kept it.

now another oddity I suggest fans of this EP keep their eyes open for is a US press on EMI with a thick paste on cardboard cover ala-Roadster pressing of Crystal Logic, and many others.
I've seen many copies of the EP over the decades but only once have I seen this version of the cover:
20221029_091133_2.jpg
20221029_091133_2.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1783 times
I could find no distinction/mention of it on discogs. This does not surprise me though. The Queensryche book mentions there were 15,000 copies pressed of this EP locally, so I assume they mean the 206 pressing! There are a lot of different U.S. represses out there it seems. Some are almost identical except minor variants in the matrix stamp.
bobo

Post by bobo »

I'm looking for front back HQ of Dissection's Final Genocide.If someone can provide this, I would be more than grateful.Thank you!!! I hope i didn't put request in a wrong place.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

BATTLEFIELD - We Come To Fight Printed innersleeve w/ lyrics wanted.