Messiah test pressing 1985 - Unreleased version of Final warning?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Dirty Rocker

Messiah test pressing 1985 - Unreleased version of Final warning?

Post by Dirty Rocker »

So, last week I obtained a massive package containing going insane MLP, two different acetates and a test pressing of the Final Warning LP. I have yet to figure out the acetates BUT the test pressing is dated 1985 which is one year after it was originally released. First I thought someone was on acid while writing and typed the wrong year but when I started listening to it, it turns out to be a completely different thing. The sound is completely different from the original, crystal clear, and every single instrument/vocals literally POPS out compared to the quote muddy production of the original. There is also SEVERAL differences to the songs, synth in places there's no synth on the original LP and vice versa, different backing vocals, echoes on the vocals where there's no echoes on the original and so on. Listening to this test pressing is like listening to a complete different record, and a even BETTER one of that could even be possible.

This test also comes with the inner sleeve from the original LP with hand written corrections etc on it as well. All sums together and I think what I have is, is a test pressing of a improved, rearranged FINAL WARNING record that were supposed to be released again like this in 1985 but never happened for one reason or another. In the letter that comes with it the pressing plant mention there's clicks in two of the songs that can't be removed, maybe this had something to do with it never being released?

I really want to know more, is there anyone who has heard about this before or know anything??

All help appreciated.

THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Destrozer

Re: Messiah test pressing 1985 - Unreleased version of Final warning?

Post by Destrozer »

Wow, that's a pretty incredible find! Such a fantastic LP! Would be very nice to hear.
Snälla? :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

By the Power vested in me as aDmiNistructor I COMMAND YOU to rip this.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I don't have equipment for making rips at the moment but maybe we could meet up and have a rip day including beer sometime soon. I have a few others that I'd like to rip like Metal Merchant, Power Squadron, Flames of Hell etc.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I don't have equipment for making rips at the moment but maybe we could meet up and have a rip day including beer sometime soon. I have a few others that I'd like to rip like Metal Merchant, Power Squadron, Flames of Hell etc.
Sure, I'm free all day tomorrow :)
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

DaN wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:I don't have equipment for making rips at the moment but maybe we could meet up and have a rip day including beer sometime soon. I have a few others that I'd like to rip like Metal Merchant, Power Squadron, Flames of Hell etc.
Haha, maybe not that soon. I'm busy for a few weeks but let's try to do it within a month from now!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Yeah, please rip it as wave files (!!!!) and post it here please. I want to produce another bootleg before the greek and brazilian Vinyl Mafia can do that. We don't have enough bootlegs on the market yet ... we need much more!!!! :wink:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Prowler wrote:Yeah, please rip it as wave files (!!!!) and post it here please. I want to produce another bootleg before the greek and brazilian Vinyl Mafia can do that. We don't have enough bootlegs on the market yet ... we need much more!!!! :wink:
I don't want to spoil the fantasy, but I don't think anyone would bother to spend money in order:
a) to make a bootleg
b)to buy a bootleg
of an alternative version of "Final warning". Forgive me but I don't think there is out there a huge army of rabid Messiah fans, ready to spend a fortune in order to listen even a single different note of their favorite band! :lol: :P
If you deprive this item of it's collector value (and make a bootleg out of it), it's unlikely that people would actually spend money just to listen to the alternative versions.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

If DirtyRocker would be very smart he should produce the bootleg himself and this way getting back his invested money to get those treasures plus 2,50 Euro profit! haha
One thing is sure, a bootleg of this unreleased version will appear as soon as he sent over the ripped files to anyone.
It's just too tempting to leave out such a possibility for the Vinyl Mafia. It would sell like warm biscuits ... :twisted:
Last edited by Prowler on Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

I still don't see any commercial prospect in an alternate "Final warning" bootleg edition...but maybe it's just me. :P
Unless this version has much better vox... :twisted:
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Dirty Rocker wrote:
DaN wrote:
Haha, maybe not that soon. I'm busy for a few weeks but let's try to do it within a month from now!
Can't wait listening to it. Messiah is a magnificent group!
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Priamos wrote:I still don't see any commercial prospect in an alternate "Final warning" bootleg edition...but maybe it's just me. :P
C'mon ... if people buy the crappy Solar Eagle album for 500 $ as a bootleg then a real highlight like "Final warning" won't be bought?
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Prowler wrote:
Priamos wrote:I still don't see any commercial prospect in an alternate "Final warning" bootleg edition...but maybe it's just me. :P
C'mon ... if people buy the crappy Solar Eagle album for 500 $ as a bootleg then a real highlight like "Final warning" won't be bought?
If they were interested in making a bootleg LP, they would have made one so far like they did with the CD. Do you think they were waiting for an alternate edition to surface in order to do it? :P If the songs were completely unreleased, this would have been a different story, but slightly (?) alternate versions????? I still don't find it possible and rational.

Anyway, Lord (of bootlegs :lol: ) works in mysterious ways... Who am I to judge Him and predetermine His actions! :lol: You might be one of his prophets and we actually see this bootleg coming out, after all! :lol:
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

DaN wrote:By the Power vested in me as aDmiNistructor I COMMAND YOU to rip this.
+1
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Priamos wrote:
Prowler wrote:
If they were interested in making a bootleg LP, they would have made one so far like they did with the CD. Do you think they were waiting for an alternate edition to surface in order to do it? :P If the songs were completely unreleased, this would have been a different story, but slightly (?) alternate versions????? I still don't find it possible and rational.

Anyway, Lord (of bootlegs :lol: ) works in mysterious ways... Who am I to judge Him and predetermine His actions! :lol: You might be one of his prophets and we actually see this bootleg coming out, after all! :lol:
Not sure on which drug(s) you actually are :lol:, but doesn't matters, gimme the files, I have the money left to press that fucking alternate version vinyl! In one or 2 months I'll press my next vinyl release so ordering those Messiah boots too wouldn't be the problem at all ... :twisted: