Now Playing Thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Noisenik

Re: Now Playing Thread

Post by Noisenik »

THE HORDE OF TORMENT - Product Of A Sick Mind demo tape
GRAVESTONE - Creating A Monster
I am ... the One you warned me of
bobo

Post by bobo »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:04 am
lunaboy wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:41 am LAZY - 宇宙船地球号 .This one is very good Heavy Metal record . Like 70's Judas Priest.

I'm often quite resistant to Japanese Hard Rock/Metal of this era because many of the bands were so specifically derivative of certain particular Western bands, (for example, Murasaki = Deep Purple) but this sounds far more individual than what many of their peers were doing. And what a brilliantly OTT perfectly executed cover design. Certainly worthy of further investigation, thanks for the steer lunaboy.
Akira Takasaki and Munetaka Higuchi of Loudness were in Lazy.They started as a boy pop band, and on the album before this one Rock Dream (1979) they started to introduce Rock N Roll sound, but this one is by far their best and the only Hard Rock Heavy Mertal Album of Lazy before he formed Loudness.Takasaki started here with his guitar wizardry.Actually this was original Loudness line up with Tasaaki,Higuchi and Lazy's singer Hironobu Kageyama.Kageyama left and Minoru Niihara came from Earthshaker and Masayoshi Yamashita wasTakasaki's childhood friend.Kageyama became huge pop star in Japan in the 80's as a solo artist.He still performs and writes songs.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

bobo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 am Akira Takasaki and Munetaka Higuchi of Loudness were in Lazy.They started as a boy pop band, and on the album before this one Rock Dream (1979) they started to introduce Rock N Roll sound, but this one is by far their best and the only Hard Rock Heavy Mertal Album of Lazy before he formed Loudness.Takasaki started here with his guitar wizardry.Actually this was original Loudness line up with Tasaaki,Higuchi and Lazy's singer Hironobu Kageyama.Kageyama left and Minoru Niihara came from Earthshaker and Masayoshi Yamashita wasTakasaki's childhood friend.Kageyama became huge pop star in Japan in the 80's as a solo artist.He still performs and writes songs.
Thanks for the potted history bobo. Loudness were one of those bands who i always meant to invest some time in as they passed me by completely back in the day. After all these years maybe now is finally the right time.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bobo

Post by bobo »

bigfootkit wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:35 am
bobo wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:53 am Akira Takasaki and Munetaka Higuchi of Loudness were in Lazy.They started as a boy pop band, and on the album before this one Rock Dream (1979) they started to introduce Rock N Roll sound, but this one is by far their best and the only Hard Rock Heavy Mertal Album of Lazy before he formed Loudness.Takasaki started here with his guitar wizardry.Actually this was original Loudness line up with Tasaaki,Higuchi and Lazy's singer Hironobu Kageyama.Kageyama left and Minoru Niihara came from Earthshaker and Masayoshi Yamashita wasTakasaki's childhood friend.Kageyama became huge pop star in Japan in the 80's as a solo artist.He still performs and writes songs.
Thanks for the potted history bobo. Loudness were one of those bands who i always meant to invest some time in as they passed me by completely back in the day. After all these years maybe now is finally the right time.
You definitely should.I'm into Japanese stuff since the 80's.Japanese rock is a required taste, totally different than anything else.So many killer heavy metal and hard rock bands. Anthem is also legendary, Sabbrabells, Wolf, Rajas, Flatbacker/E.Z.O.....The list goes on and on Check this site for infos http://japanesemetal.gooside.com/
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

bobo wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:45 pm You definitely should.I'm into Japanese stuff since the 80's.Japanese rock is a required taste, totally different than anything else.So many killer heavy metal and hard rock bands. Anthem is also legendary, Sabbrabells, Wolf, Rajas, Flatbacker/E.Z.O.....The list goes on and on Check this site for infos http://japanesemetal.gooside.com/
I'm familiar to an extent with the Japanese scene (Bow Wow, Earthshaker, Nokemono, 44 Magnum, Ningen Isu, Sigh & further back to Flower Travellin' Band, Murasaki & Strawberry Path), and agree that there's much to be enjoyed, but for whatever reason i missed hearing Loudness completely back in the 80s though i've heard a few bits & pieces since. I know they were promoted well in the U.S. at the time & had some success there, but their label here in the UK didn't seem to do much to get their name out there.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

A listen inspired by

This sounds a lot punkier than you perhaps stated in a review, DaN. It's with R'N'R Rendez-Vous where my attention takes off and is maintained until the end of an album. Will be listened to even more in next days.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

That Ace Gee: Was Robert Gonella from ASSASSIN singing here? This is beastly! And Grrrreat! Cheers for heads up!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

This is actually good, grrreat even:

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Noisenik