Old Spanish metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
bigfootkit

Re: Old Spanish metal

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:25 pm what exactly is happening to that car? :?
That's a damn good question. :shock: :lol:
Thanks for the rip, on 1st listen the quality of the guitarwork is very apparent & they certainly know how to craft a tune. I'm quite prepared to overlook their lack of individuality when they deliver the goods with such aplomb. I'm surprised to hear they had a few releases as the name was completely unfamiliar to me.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:25 pm More underrated stuff from Spain that y'all should check out:

SPARTO - Victimas, Heroes MLP 1988 review

It's one of those rare records with zero originality but still great, simply because of superior craftmanship and songs.
Also, what exactly is happening to that car? :?
A moment of electric discharge? That black circle is in fact a flying saucer. :lol:

Nah, the artist was probably inspired by "Smokey and the Bandit" and Pontiac TransAm jumping over various barriers and plenty of scintillae it was causing. Although I somehow fail to see how this was still relevant in '88. Could be way delayed release.

Of course, big Cheers for sharing it.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

That car apparently got caught by sun winds ... don't try this at home, quite dangerous!
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
thesentinel

Post by thesentinel »

If you like the Spanish underground, you can't miss these Reissues.

"Condenados al Olvido", it compiles bands that will only leave demos recorded, never Lp ...here are lost jewels at the nivel of the great bands!!!

www.discogs.com/es/label/783631-Gadir-Records
judas1987

Post by judas1987 »

If you like Spanish Heavy Metal you can visit:

Https://Miliciametalica.com

https://miliciametalica.foroactivo.com/
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

thesentinel wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:47 am If you like the Spanish underground, you can't miss these Reissues.

"Condenados al Olvido", it compiles bands that will only leave demos recorded, never Lp ...here are lost jewels at the nivel of the great bands!!!

www.discogs.com/es/label/783631-Gadir-Records
Looks interesting. Wouldn't mind checking out that Malena Y Belcebu LP - they had a pretty ace tune on this comp...
judas1987 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 pm If you like Spanish Heavy Metal you can visit:

I could only access the page on the phone. On the computer I get redirected to spam :(
Too bad since that blog looks like a really cool & ambitious new project. They REALLY need to change platform asap..
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Also, we needs more Steel!

ACERO - s/t 12" EP 1983

Fans of Metal Oldness should not miss out. My rip:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:23 pm
judas1987 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:03 pm If you like Spanish Heavy Metal you can visit:

I could only access the page on the phone. On the computer I get redirected to spam :(
Too bad since that blog looks like a really cool & ambitious new project. They REALLY need to change platform asap..
I had the same problem, what a pity. The forum looks interesting with lots of free d/ls but i don't habla Espanol so i'd be joining just to leech which seems a bit shitty. Thanks for the Acero upload DaN, from just the right time frame to pique my interest.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Been a bit busy lately but I simply had to find some time to hype this really cool EP:

ROCKSON - Heavy Metal (a.k.a. Herederos Del Rock) 12" EP 1983 review

Pretty similar in style to the ACERO ep reviewed above, though I think I like this one even more! My rip:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:11 pm Been a bit busy lately but I simply had to find some time to hype this really cool EP:
You had me at '1983'. :D Thanks DaN.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

bigfootkit wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:27 am
DaN wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:11 pm Been a bit busy lately but I simply had to find some time to hype this really cool EP:
Found the keyboards a bit distracting/misplaced on first listen, but that'll likely fade as i become more familiar with the material. Some very cool little details like the utterly filthy guitar tone on that 'Sabbathy' intro. Requires further listens. Bizarre that they would substitute the cool original cover art for such a naff sleeve on the reissue.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:42 am
Found the keyboards a bit distracting/misplaced on first listen, but that'll likely fade as i become more familiar with the material. Some very cool little details like the utterly filthy guitar tone on that 'Sabbathy' intro. Requires further listens. Bizarre that they would substitute the cool original cover art for such a naff sleeve on the reissue.
Yeah that was a weird choice ..and probably one of the reasons no-one's talking about this EP much.
If the keys in Rockson distracts, do check out Acero instead. I'm sure you'll at least enjoy the 2 A-siders.. 8)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

DaN wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:52 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:42 am
Yeah that was a weird choice ..and probably one of the reasons no-one's talking about this EP much.
If the keys in Rockson distracts, do check out Acero instead. I'm sure you'll at least enjoy the 2 A-siders.. 8)
A few plays later & the keys aren't quite as jarring as on 1st listen so I'm almost prepared to give 'em props at this point for daring to be different. Acero was pretty cool but it was a bit easier to spot the influences on that one.