Recent Metal Finds

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Prowler

Re: Recent Metal Finds

Post by Prowler »

Except of two shown up there that I already own, the same records are some of my long time wants, but current prices are fairly ridiculous. Especially that Thatcher MLP is highly overrated (and musically doesn't deserves that high price) but comes with great artwork. If you got all in one parcel then customs surely had a big party by all the fees you had to pay. Had a similar experience when the Leather Nunn LP arrived and they wanted 82 Euro from me. :roll:
Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg (158.72 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg (205.39 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (189.01 KiB) Viewed 2375 times
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

Zona Abissal and Leather Nunn by far the best from the lot :) congrats for the LN
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Prowler wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:04 am Except of two shown up there that I already own, the same records are some of my long time wants, but current prices are fairly ridiculous. Especially that Thatcher MLP is highly overrated (and musically doesn't deserves that high price) but comes with great artwork. If you got all in one parcel then customs surely had a big party by all the fees you had to pay. Had a similar experience when the Leather Nunn LP arrived and they wanted 82 Euro from me. :roll:

Screenshot_2.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg
Pardon my ignorance, but do you mean that the customs employees are actually looking up the current value of the records? Or did you get taxed because it was declared as such? Coz I've had expensive stuff declared as regular records all the time and everything usually goes fine (last time was the first Burzum lp which is sorta famous and could have been evaluated around 1000-2000 euros with the current insanity).
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Customs have been known to open packages, looking up the record values on Discogs, and taxing them accordingly. But most of this died out when EU forced the large marketplaces (eBay, Discogs) to collect VAT automatically on every sale.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

It's up to the german (in my case) post if parcels would end up at customs or not. If the parcel has correct papers added that shows the VAT was already paid, the parcels will be delivered like usual. If those papers are missing or the parcel wasn't correctly announced at the customs (that's the worst part, just adding the papers isn't enough) it would end up at customs office and I need to go there with valid invoices of what I've paid and have to open the parcels. Those are the worst parcels because it means you're running after your money afterwards and mainly won't get it returned. Discogs doesn't refunds double paid VAT anymore and Ebay only does if the seller has declared the CORRECT price of the record on the customs sticker. A few months ago one of the sellers wrote $20 on the customs papers but Ebay denied to refund the double paid VAT because they only would do if price on the invoice and customs papers would match! For a $100 record that's about 26 Euro, so getting records at bargain prices is practically not possible anymore. Wether they charge you VAT already by paying the invoice or in worst case you pay VAT once again and will end up more expensive than what's the currect value of that particular vinyl. At the moment I hate ordering from outside EU and I pretty much hate as well in which direction that whole thing (Discogs, Ebay) has drifted away ... it's like they wanna make it as hard as possible to buy from outside EU and to torture us to the bone.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

The VAT crap is unfortunately enforced by the EU, and if it worked, I would actually be as happy as I could be (short of not paying VAT at all). So far every outside-EU order, I have been double-charged VAT every single time. And at least the Swedish customs slap a lovely handling fee on the VAT. One example was a 12 euro CD + shipping, + VAT, +2nd VAT + handling fee, cost me slightly above 50 euro before I had it in my hands.

(This includes Discogs, eBay, Amazon, and other online stores / vendors)
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

End of this month german post will change postage rates once again. They said the new system will make it easier to avoid VAT trouble since the customs will be informed automatically when we (Germans) print out the shipping labels and fill out the papers of content of the parcels/packages. Unfortunately they will also change those super great shipping rate for worldwide vinyl packages below 500 g, who had a price of 3,80 Euro (that was even lower than shipping a vinyl inside Germany -> 4,30 Euro; which is the ridiculous part of it), so you guys should be prepared to pay pretty tasty postage for single vinyls sent from Germany in July! I still try to find a proper alternate shipping rate but it looks those days of 3,80 Euro are gone now.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Prowler wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:49 pmUnfortunately they will also change those super great shipping rate for worldwide vinyl packages below 500 g
NOOOOOOOOOooooooohhh.... Those low German shipping rates were one of my favourite ...Things! :cry:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

The news abou the German postal rates is a bummer. I should have realised that HR Records weren't acting alone (as discussed in this other thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9103&p=183770#p183770).
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Prowler wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:10 pm At the moment I hate ordering from outside EU and I pretty much hate as well in which direction that whole thing (Discogs, Ebay) has drifted away ... it's like they wanna make it as hard as possible to buy from outside EU and to torture us to the bone.
Thank for the answer, and I certainly agree here, very glad most of my overseas heavy hitters are behind me (well the wantlist is endless ofc...).

DaN wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:10 pm
Prowler wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:49 pmUnfortunately they will also change those super great shipping rate for worldwide vinyl packages below 500 g
NOOOOOOOOOooooooohhh.... Those low German shipping rates were one of my favourite ...Things! :cry:
Here in Luxembourg we have a cool option of 10,5 euros shipping for less than 2 kg parcel (europe) or 14 (world, no exceptions). Tracking is 2 euros and registered is 5 euros, these rates are really helpful for small distros/label and I hope they keep it. I don't know about other countries, except Belgium, but here the state is the only owner of the post office institution. And since they are very keen to protect their public services the rates haven't been upgraded in years. Is the German post office a semi private institution?
humus

Post by humus »

I believe Deutsche post has, like Belgian post, the state as majority shareholder, but at the same time is also listed on the stock market for the remainder of the shares. Which means that they are constantly balancing the thin line between the interests of the general public versus the interests of shareholders. So indeed, in Luxembourg they can have the policy to keep shipping prices reasonable, whereas in Belgium and Germany the explicit aim is to generate a profit.
At the moment I hate ordering from outside EU and I pretty much hate as well in which direction that whole thing (Discogs, Ebay) has drifted away ... it's like they wanna make it as hard as possible to buy from outside EU and to torture us to the bone.
This. Plus the evolution in prices. I'm not that much into heavy metal so wouldn't know about that, but prices for black/death metal are through the roof and it's ridiculous.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

That artwork of Druid, oh mamma... :lol:
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail.jpg (304.08 KiB) Viewed 2199 times
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Prowler wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am That artwork of Druid, oh mamma... :lol:

thumbnail.jpg
I'm not a big fan of white metal but ik like Barnabas..they have some great songs and i really like the vocals!
malegys

Post by malegys »

Zanker wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am
Prowler wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:47 am That artwork of Druid, oh mamma... :lol:

thumbnail.jpg
I'm not a big fan of white metal but ik like Barnabas..they have some great songs and i really like the vocals!
You've always loved Satan, admit it :twisted:
"Do you like Wenom?"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Zanker wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:55 am I'm not a big fan of white metal but ik like Barnabas..they have some great songs and i really like the vocals!
Despite I'm lyrically more on the satanic side either, but those White Metal bands are musically seen delicious. Just collect em for fun ... there's sure a intellectual combat raging in my mind, but I just need to hear what the "enemy" has to offer. lol