Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
mordred

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post by mordred »

Meanwhile in Sweden, a Candlemass Epicus LP sold for over 700 euros.

https://www.tradera.com/item/340521/55 ... 86-orginal
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

mordred wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:36 pm Meanwhile in Sweden, a Candlemass Epicus LP sold for over 700 euros.

what the fudge! that's INSANE!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

mordred wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:36 pm Meanwhile in Sweden, a Candlemass Epicus LP sold for over 700 euros.

I'll buy that truly iconic Metal releases like this will keep getting more and more expensive, but this is thrice times normal crazy..
Sad thing is, even if this was just a silly cockfight between 2 drunkards w/ too much money, it might take years for the price to normalize - at least in Sweden where sellers keep tabs on what's happenig at Tradera.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yes, truly insane. Actually I don't think $3000+ for Paradoxx or Flames of Hell is that insane, considering these are very rare items that you can't get easily, and you might have to wait several years for another copy to turn up. The Candlemass on Tradera however, is seriously insane because it's three to five times the price of other items currently for sale elsewhere.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Khnud wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:01 pm Yes, truly insane. Actually I don't think $3000+ for Paradoxx or Flames of Hell is that insane, considering these are very rare items that you can't get easily, and you might have to wait several years for another copy to turn up. The Candlemass on Tradera however, is seriously insane because it's three to five times the price of other items currently for sale elsewhere.
Well, you need to add the customes fee. If the seller in case of Paradoxx was european he will get charged a great amount of money extra by customs. I recently bought a $150 record from the US which I thought was a bargain. The bad awakening happened at customs, where I thought I only had to pay 19 % tax. But at a value of 150 Euro (incl shipping) you NOW have to pay customs charges. Not only this, I had to drive home and download and fill out a very complicated sheet for them with thousands of numbers I had no clue of what they would mean. In the end they charged me 85 Euro fees for a 150 Euro record!
No more non-EU purchases for me that will cross the 150 Euro mark in other words! If the guy who bought Paradoxx was german, a 1500 E fee will await for him. Congratulations... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

humus wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:52 am...Before the review on the corroseum which made the record infamous.
OffT:
This reminded me how I'm still to this day wondering about
The Corroseum website wrote:...the most fascinating aspect of old forgotten, deathlike bands like FLAMES OF HELL, PARABELLUM, GRAF SPEE, REENCARNACION etc are the way they play around with and diversify our preconceptions of the old-school Black Metal sound. It would be interesting to hear a new band taking a few influences from these sickos rather than the predictable BATHORY/MAYHEM/C FROST/SARCÓFAGO rip-offs we're seeing far too much of nowadays, wouldn't it?
...but that's of course a subject for a different thread.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Prowler wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:29 pm Well, you need to add the customes fee. If the seller in case of Paradoxx was european he will get charged a great amount of money extra by customs. I recently bought a $150 record from the US which I thought was a bargain. The bad awakening happened at customs, where I thought I only had to pay 19 % tax. But at a value of 150 Euro (incl shipping) you NOW have to pay customs charges. Not only this, I had to drive home and download and fill out a very complicated sheet for them with thousands of numbers I had no clue of what they would mean. In the end they charged me 85 Euro fees for a 150 Euro record!
Yeah, eBay import charges on non EU-items can now be as high as 70%! It's completely NUTS! Especially since Swedish Customs claim on their website that import charges should be AT MOST 25%, depending on the type of item. Something isn't right here!
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Just to clear things out, I’m not the seller 😉 (this copy is located in France)
It will be fun to check if 2 copies put for sale within a few days time will sell at the same price…
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

The ending price of the last auction probably made someone eager to part with their copy as well it seems. I know one copy sold privately short after the last auction had ended. For 4000€!!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I think those people who sell a record like Flames of Hell are real pussies, who got no clue about the historical and musical value of this record. They don't deserve to own such a record at all! I know lotsa people who will never be able to afford to buy a FOH LP, but you'd have to blind them or tear out a leg and not even then they'd agree to do that!
And that's where they these records belong to, into the hands of real die-hard Black/Death Metal FANS, not collectors who never even play 'em...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Metal Merchant just sold for 300 bucks! Was I too optimistic to win the bid halfway? :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:34 pm Metal Merchant just sold for 300 bucks! Was I too optimistic to win the bid halfway? :lol:
That's almost reasonable. I guess people are less willing & able to overpay for these kind of items nowdays...
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

The Ripper wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:34 pm Metal Merchant just sold for 300 bucks! Was I too optimistic to win the bid halfway? :lol:
The import taxes for us Europeans will have something to do aswell i guess. That's a more than reasonable prices for this one. Nice condition too. I was thinking bidding too, but like i said, don't want to pay for extra income taxes.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

https://www.ebay.de/itm/334654551719?ha ... fresh=true

I had 10 copies of this one back in the day for distribution. :roll:
And what people don't know, the master was completely fucked up...