Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Keir

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post by Keir »

Crazy. I was watching those thinking "cool, a US seller and no overseas bidders, I can fill some gaps fairly cheap!" Oh how wrong I was. Did not win a single one thankfully. Will definitely check out those videos later nightsblood.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:30 pm It was an interesting collection to watch sell.
I won 9 of the relatively cheap items. I did not bid on any of the big ticket items.
Nice to see you 'round these parts again Alan, i watched that 1st vid the other night & found it really interesting. You did a really good job of putting the individual items into context for those of us (probably just me) who last knew the asking prices for most of those records circa 1981. Entertaining & very informative, bravo sir.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

nightsblood wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:30 pm It was an interesting collection to watch sell.
I won 9 of the relatively cheap items. I did not bid on any of the big ticket items.
You can see my thoughts on the auctions and the items i won over on YouTube:
Hey, hey, nice scores Alan! Enjoy the Friday Rock Show LP, the Last Flight track is a KILLER! :-)
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I have a feeling this will turn insane 😅

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304605223294?m ... media=COPY
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Hans

Post by Hans »

You can see my thoughts on the auctions and the items i won over on YouTube:
That was fun to watch, cheers. Subscribed
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Dirty Rocker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:07 am I have a feeling this will turn insane 😅

I'm actually way more impressed by his vintage video game cartridge auctions (same seller). Some of his Megaman auctions reached 1500 euros +, that's pretty insane too... though I was aware vintage video game recently got a huge (and from what I heard, entirely artificial) raise in value.
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

Same here, I didn’t know retro gaming has reached such craziness in prices… Are times of bargain almost over here again???
Keir

Post by Keir »

I don't want to take this too far off topic, but you sparked my interest as I used to be into the video game collecting scene and couldn't believe those Mega Man auctions. Then I found this. $718 for an empty box!?!
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Keir wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:31 pm I don't want to take this too far off topic, but you sparked my interest as I used to be into the video game collecting scene and couldn't believe those Mega Man auctions. Then I found this. $718 for an empty box!?!
This video sort of explains a lot, though I'm not perfectly sure these auctions are directly linked to that artificial raise of prices...

(long but quite interesting)

I'm heavily into video games myself but I'm 100% digital and dematerialized, quite the opposite attitude from I have regarding music.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Keir wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:31 pm I don't want to take this too far off topic, but you sparked my interest as I used to be into the video game collecting scene and couldn't believe those Mega Man auctions. Then I found this. $718 for an empty box!?!
The game with box seems to sell for over 2500.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Keir

Post by Keir »

Zombie Dance wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:24 am(long but quite interesting)
Thanks. I started watching and will have to get back to it. I do remember some people starting a grading company over a decade ago and most collectors at the time laughed at the idea.
Khnud wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:48 pm The game with box seems to sell for over 2500.
The box is obviously far rarer than the game itself because people didn't usually save them, it just seems weird to me. Especially since I remember people practically giving game boxes away. I once traded a couple $10-20 games for about 100 empty Sega Genesis game boxes.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Dirty Rocker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:07 am I have a feeling this will turn insane 😅

Yes of course it did. And to think I was pissed off this morning for missing the final bids yesterday :lol:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I’ve been offered similar numbers for my own copy which is in pristine condition but seeing this vg copy sell for that much was a surprise! Lots of ring wear, wear and also “restored” in upper right corner I’d grade the cover to VG-
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

DaN wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:01 am

Yes of course it did. And to think I was pissed off this morning for missing the final bids yesterday :lol:
Tried my luck before going to bed, but I wasn't insane enough, I need to work on that...
humus

Post by humus »

Time for my classic weeping story on how I came in second bidder at something like $150, for a copy sold on ebay some 15-20 years ago. Before the review on the corroseum which made the record infamous.