Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Ripper

Re: Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch

Post by The Ripper »

Prowler wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:09 am The guys with big wallets ... this one's for ya ^^ ($60 shipping for a small single??????????????????)
https://www.discogs.com/de/sell/item/1179407927

I guess we enter a completely new category here. Hope that won't reflect on other vinyls as recently the level of seller insanity got raised drastically as I've noticed. Just happy that I do not need to start buying records I like anymore since this would drag me into a financial grave. Even for common records you practically could find "around each corner", they request big money. I wonder what you have to pay extra on only the VAT for the one above??? And usually VAT needs to be paid twice nowadays so this is going to be a pretty expensive experiment. :P
He is well known for bidding on ebay rare stuff and then selling on discogs for a fortune! No wonder he has only 1 review on discogs and that being from another well known Greek seller doing exactly the same thing (by the way he used to write on Heavy Metal Collectors magazine in the past by the nickname Wizard ''CS'' (I know his real name and his profession)!
Last edited by The Ripper on Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
humus

Post by humus »

Prowler wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:09 am The guys with big wallets ... this one's for ya ^^ ($60 shipping for a small single??????????????????)
https://www.discogs.com/de/sell/item/1179407927

I guess we enter a completely new category here. Hope that won't reflect on other vinyls as recently the level of seller insanity got raised drastically as I've noticed. Just happy that I do not need to start buying records I like anymore since this would drag me into a financial grave. Even for common records you practically could find "around each corner", they request big money. I wonder what you have to pay extra on only the VAT for the one above??? And usually VAT needs to be paid twice nowadays so this is going to be a pretty expensive experiment. :P
I don't see the problem...I can list a Krokus record for $30 000 but that doesn't mean that it will sell for that price, or that that suddenly becomes a realistic price for that record.
Lots of dreamers in the metal world, both on the sell-side (sellers thinking they can sell a 7" like this for 30K) and on the buy-side (me, thinking I can still buy records at the prices they went for 20 years ago).
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Yeah, there’s no way in hell those will ever sell, nor is the seller actually interested in selling them. He’s just showing off his collection.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Kraignoss666

Post by Kraignoss666 »

I already bought from that guy, offering pretty low prices for some rare records and he accepted, so the prices showed are nothing to take really seriously. I think the guy knows exactly what he’s selling, and what he can reasonably get from it.
Apart from that, I had a mixed experience with this seller: some records were better than graded, others not as great as graded…
mordred

Post by mordred »

Khnud wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:14 pm Yeah, there’s no way in hell those will ever sell, nor is the seller actually interested in selling them. He’s just showing off his collection.
Rather than ask a price he’ll realize in hindsight was “too low”, he’ll set an outrageous price but open for offers to see what he can get. I’ve managed to buy from a few sellers who used the same practice, by offering a fraction of the asking price.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
humus

Post by humus »

It might not even be a bad tactic.
I mean, we're all talking about his 7" right? If he had put it up for $4000 people wouldn't be posting it on the internet for others to see.
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Sorry but i consider this tactic lame and pathetic! I never deal with these sick psychos who take advantage of real metaheads and try to make cash for free! Music is for everyone guys!!
malegys

Post by malegys »

The Ripper wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:00 pm Sorry but i consider this tactic lame and pathetic! I never deal with these sick psychos who take advantage of real metaheads and try to make cash for free! Music is for everyone guys!!
So, how long have you been broke then? :-D
"Do you like Wenom?"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Guys, that sales tactic with offering possible prices is ok to me. If guys ask for $100 with price offer option, I offer them $70 and they accept, then it's ok to me. I only buy at reasonable prices either ... BUT in this particular case I'm with The Ripper. Even IF the guy means this sale serious and accepts price offers, who the hell would offer either half of what he requests? 30 % discount is one thing, but if the requested price borders to insanity, what's to expect? You all know what Far East is worth, so no hypocrisy pls. Horrendous prices requests like that are a big shame.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
humus

Post by humus »

Let’s assume a $3000 record and two sellers.
The first one lists his copy at $4000 and will not sell for a dime less.
The second one lists his copy for $10000 but accepts when someone offers $3000.

Who do we consider the horrendous seller in this example? Or are they both horrendous?
Zombie Dance

Post by Zombie Dance »

Artificially boosting up the prices has more or less always worked. For the sellers it's always worth the try. If another seller sees the price so high he's going to raise his too. It usually works if the item is "rare" enough. I've been seeing a lot of 100 euros records going on sale for 500 or even 900 just for the purpose of raising the lower price...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Now, this is just complete madness. Utterly, utterly insane. What's going on?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=18 ... snv&_sop=3
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Khnud wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:57 am Now, this is just complete madness. Utterly, utterly insane. What's going on?

Opportunism & utter delusion.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Khnud wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:57 am Now, this is just complete madness. Utterly, utterly insane. What's going on?

Real bargain for that Samurai LP in particular.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

I have never seen anything like it. Even though it is sealed, it is indeed unbelievable the value of Samurai's lp :shock: And the seller didn't ship outside the US :D