Pentagram CD or CDr?

...and all CD issues goes here.
jnfernal

Pentagram CD or CDr?

Post by jnfernal »

I have a box set with a lot of unreleased stuff of Pentagram and related bands, such as Bedemon, Oppression, Death Row and so on

My brother is convinced that these disks are silver printed CD and not CDr....for me it's quite clear they are CDr but I would like your opinion

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/586/sciy.jpg

Please. state clearly the points which make you think it's a CD or a CDr, so that I can show him proofs.

For me it's a CDr as there is the printing code all arund the central hole, that no silver printed/factory pressed CD has, plus the matrix/runout is clearly the same as any commercial, empty CDr you can find on sale in supermarkets or computer stores

Please help me to clarufy this

thanx
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

They're CD-Rs exactly like you say, but they do seem to be higher quality than most as they are more silver-ish in the dye color than regular CD-Rs which are a bit more rainbow colored.
And I am basing this on the same points that you made, the printed text in the inner ring is typical for CD-Rs and the text in the matrix area is just product identifiers and not an actual matrix. (Basically they are matrixes, but not in the same sense as factory pressed silver CD matrixes)
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

yes,....that's exactly what I think...high quality cdr but still cdr
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

CDR for me, because of the black printed matrix in the middle....Maybe you should try to see how the CD reflects. I´m no expert, but I think that when you look on CDR´s they don´t reflect as much as professionally pressed CDs...also they seem to be a little bit transparent when you hold them into light....these were my experiences, don´t know if these are correct :wink:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Also, when a silver CD is scanned the disc in the photo still appears silver in colour. When a CD-R is scanned the disc in the photo appears to have a rainbow pattern indicating that the disc is either blue or green in colour which would make this a CD-R.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."