The Atlantean Kodex / Vestal Claret !DOOM!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
The Knell

The Atlantean Kodex / Vestal Claret !DOOM!

Post by The Knell »

Salut!

I found an awesome Split MLP recently by two really promising bands! THE ATLANTEAN KODEX plays Heavy/Doom with some "Hammerheart" and olde ManOwaR influence while VESTAL CLARET plays some good old Black Sabbath/Witchfinder General-ish Metal.

MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/atlanteankodex

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=72312510

(Be careful with MySpace stuff, these examples have a quite low sound-quality. The vinyl sounds MUCH better.)

And the Split:

Really nice done release, white-grey splatter, two inserts and two stickers, limited to 525 handnumbered pieces.
Astounding Release for such young bands.

Opinions?

BTW.: Be fast, there are only few copies left if you're interested!
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

I discovered VESTAL CLARET through MySpace and I'm highly interested in hearing this split-LP (that will be here soon!). They have a good dose of MERCYFUL FATE in their music too, which isn't a bad thing in my book! :D
Gott ist tot.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

It's not an LP ! Only a Maxi !
2 Songs from VESTAL CLARET and only 1 (9min) from ATLANTEAN KODEX !
I think this is quite stupid and i am slightly pissed of ! And if i remember well the Songs i've heard before from ATLANTEAN KODEX where better than this one !
mordred

Post by mordred »

tbieri wrote:It's not an LP ! Only a Maxi !
2 Songs from VESTAL CLARET and only 1 (9min) from ATLANTEAN KODEX !
I think this is quite stupid and i am slightly pissed of ! And if i remember well the Songs i've heard before from ATLANTEAN KODEX where better than this one !
What's there to pissed off about? We should be thankful that there are people willing to devote time, effort and money to make great releases like this. The music on it is immortal and the packaging is mindblowing, with not only one great metal cover painting, but two! Stop complaining already.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

I agree with mordred...great release and great music!!!!!i want to hear more from both of those bands!!!!
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

- It's sold as a Split-LP, but it's a Split-Maxi !
- It's sold for 9 to 15 Euros !!! For 3 Songs !!!
- Atlantean Kodex have more songs and better ones ! Why not putting them on it ?
- I don't give a damn about stickers and other stuff ! I want music !!! I like Atlantean Kodex, but i wanted to hear more !
- 2 Great Metal Cover paintings ? Hello ??? Oh sorry, i'am wrong, it gaves me at least a good laugh !
- Sadly i'am buying everything what's published on Vinyl ! This is my problem i know, but i am a Vinyl-Collector and it's also to support the Underground and this time i feel a bit cheated !
mordred

Post by mordred »

tbieri wrote:- It's sold as a Split-LP, but it's a Split-Maxi !
No, it's sold as a split 12".
tbieri wrote:- It's sold for 9 to 15 Euros !!! For 3 Songs !!!
What's your problem? I bought mine for 9 euros, which is a perfectly normal price for a maxi. I full length LP would normally be at least twice as much.
tbieri wrote:- Atlantean Kodex have more songs and better ones ! Why not putting them on it ?
Because only one song fit on one side of a maxi.
tbieri wrote:- I don't give a damn about stickers and other stuff ! I want music !!! I like Atlantean Kodex, but i wanted to hear more !
You can listen to more songs, all day long, for free, at their website. Or wait for the upcoming MCD. Stop whining.
tbieri wrote:- 2 Great Metal Cover paintings ? Hello ??? Oh sorry, i'am wrong, it gaves me at least a good laugh !
There's one at the Atlantean Kodex side and one at the Vestal Claret side. What are you laughing at?
tbieri wrote:- Sadly i'am buying everything what's published on Vinyl ! This is my problem i know, but i am a Vinyl-Collector and it's also to support the Underground and this time i feel a bit cheated !
Cheated? So you think Metal Coven makes $$$$ out of releasing split singles? Think again.
You are a real whiny, unthankful crybaby.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I must agree with tbieri...the covers aren't great, for me they're looking like 6th grade painting...very ugly! But that is a matter of taste. All other aspects on this Split are fantastic. I can't wait to have the CD of A. Kodex in my hands!!

By the way, it's completely sold-out now. The band Valkrie's Cry took the last copy to Canada.
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Well, I was surprised by the ATLANTEAN CODEX side. I'm usually cautious when it comes to these new "epic" bands, because I'm not that fond of that later MANOWARish style that we meet often than it should be, but in their case the band is really good.
The artwork is a bit amateurish for sure, but they don't take the pleasure of playing this record, so, I don't care that much.
Gott ist tot.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I keep reading the first band's name as "Atlantean Kotex". Sorry!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I checked out AK on their MySpace page a while back and thought "oh well, another one of 'those' bands..", but since then there's been a lot of talk about this release, so I figure I'll give it a 2nd chance. And the release looks absolutely beautiful. The primitive feel of classics like Metal Deadness or BLACK KNIGHT but with a more obscure & eerie feel. I certainly couldn't ask for more. I was hoping I Hate would have stocked it for the last record fair but unfortunately they hadn't :(
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Well in fact all copies are gone as far as I know.