Hardest/most rare to find soviet vinyl?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I remember the Paranoia lp being quite good, but didn't listen to it for years.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I like the Paranoia LP, but I must say that it's rather uninspired as every track sounds pretty much the same.
Naekro

Post by Naekro »

That probably was "Tempus Sarmati" band from Northern Ossetia, with self-titled LP from 1989. Once I've visited N. Ossetia and some guy demonstrated a tape which he recorded directly from the vinyl, as well as some article cut out from some local non-metal related newspaper. It claimed that the band started in 1984 as a speed/thrash metal band and released those LPs in 1989 by themselves, less than 100 copies were made due Melodiya's monopoly (none except Melodiya could released vinyls). The music which I've heard was pure old-school death metal, not thrash, actually it was very good recorded for it's time and those time's realities. It also had loads of ambient/noise parts, the guy who has/had this tape told me that those parts were recorded at local graveyards and caves. Lyrics was in English mixed with German and Ossetian, and English/German had extremely ugly barbaric accent :) Unfortunately, I was for few days there, and never visited the region after that. And it seems that it's impossible to know anything about this band/LP out of their native region. :(
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Naekro wrote:...and released those LPs in 1989 by themselves, less than 100 copies were made due Melodiya's monopoly (none except Melodiya could released vinyls).
Oh, please, not another "pressed in 100 copies" wild story! It didn't work like that with Melodiya back in the communist era.
Igor

Post by Igor »

[quote="Naekro"]That probably was "Tempus Sarmati" band from Northern Ossetia, with self-titled LP from 1989. Once I've visited N. Ossetia and some guy demonstrated a tape which he recorded directly from the vinyl, as well as

Never heard of this release/band before :(
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Igor wrote:
Naekro wrote:That probably was "Tempus Sarmati" band from Northern Ossetia, with self-titled LP from 1989. Once I've visited N. Ossetia and some guy demonstrated a tape which he recorded directly from the vinyl, as well as

Never heard of this release/band before :(
Neither I did ... what sounds suspicious is that Death Metal thing from 1989. do you mean Death/Thrash like old Kreator/Sadus etc or real Death Metal. For 1989 that real Death Metal thing was a bit too early for russian bands imo. But was it really possible to press private records on a russian pressing plant in 1989? I thought they were all owned by the goverment? This must be the first private vinyl from Russia then even before the fall of communist era.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Igor

Post by Igor »

Neither I did ... what sounds suspicious is that Death Metal thing from 1989. do you mean Death/Thrash like old Kreator/Sadus etc or real Death Metal. For 1989 that real Death Metal thing was a bit too early for russian bands imo. But was it really possible to press private records on a russian pressing plant in 1989? I thought they were all owned by the goverment? This must be the first private vinyl from Russia then even before the fall of communist era.[/quote]

You`re right about the year 1989, that was early for Death metal thing in Russia. And also about "private pressings", they started to appear since 1993. 8)
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

The Front is so average, i seen a copy for 99€ a few days ago.
Игорь Романов и группа Союз is a great album, i like it!
Lady Prowler never heard it, it´s that good?
Naekro

Post by Naekro »

I've not idea how they released this on wax... I'll try find out more about this band and LP though.

The band sound was something between Kreator '86, Possessed '85 under strong Hellhammer/Venom influence.
Death Metal is too early for USSR in 1989? There already were some people who knew about Napalm Death, Death and even Carcass. Also, Belarussian band Exhumator already released demo in 1990, which was DM, with growl, etc. So I dont think that there couldn't be DM in 1989.
Igor

Post by Igor »

Lady Prowler never heard it, it´s that good?[/quote]

never seen it.... :(
Naekro

Post by Naekro »

Naekro wrote: Death Metal is too early for USSR in 1989? There already were some people who knew about Napalm Death, Death and even Carcass. Also, Belarussian band Exhumator already released demo in 1990, which was DM, with growl, etc. So I dont think that there couldn't be DM in 1989.
Oh, and Russian Winter and Kremator already recorded some songs in 1989 which sound 100% DM ;)
Igor

Post by Igor »

Naekro wrote:
Naekro wrote: Death Metal is too early for USSR in 1989? There already were some people who knew about Napalm Death, Death and even Carcass. Also, Belarussian band Exhumator already released demo in 1990, which was DM, with growl, etc. So I dont think that there couldn't be DM in 1989.
Oh, and Russian Winter and Kremator already recorded some songs in 1989 which sound 100% DM ;)
I thought we were talking about normal Vinyl releases, not tape or promo tape. Of course people started to listen and play Death Metal that times, but not release it onto vinyl
Naekro

Post by Naekro »

You said "death metal was too early for 1989 in USSR", I just said that it was already common back then, doesn't matter be it tape, vinyl or whatever.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Naekro wrote:You said "death metal was too early for 1989 in USSR", I just said that it was already common back then, doesn't matter be it tape, vinyl or whatever.
Yeah, but it was meant more for vinyls. Especially that private vinyl release in 1989 sounds almost impossible unless they've done it in Finland or somewhere which sounds even more impossible. One more question, did they sing in russian? If it was english sung stuff there could be a possibility that the guy fooled you by showing you something else ... :)
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Naekro wrote:You said "death metal was too early for 1989 in USSR", I just said that it was already common back then, doesn't matter be it tape, vinyl or whatever.
Read the title of the thread dude:
Hardest/most rare to find soviet vinyl?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."