Hardest/most rare to find soviet vinyl?

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Hardest/most rare to find soviet vinyl?

Post by Prowler »

The topic title already says it, I'm curious what's the holy grail/mystery of all sovjet Metal vinyls?

I'd say that Varvar LP is a bitch to find ... any suggestions?
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Probably Varvar, Asparez, Aspid and Lady Prowler.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

The Front Lp isn't that easy.

I agree with Varvar, I've been looking for that lp for 5 years, without success
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Andreas wrote:The Front Lp isn't that easy.

I agree with Varvar, I've been looking for that lp for 5 years, without success
Have the Front LP and have seen it quite often some years ago, but I'm searching since over 10 years for Varvar and didn't even see a single copy. Wonder how much they've made??
That Aspid and Lady Prowler are new territory to me also. Only know that Aspid as a CD. Does anyone has the vinyl version of it? Just curious ...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Aspid: Igor sold a copy of it recently here on the forum. It had some nasty stains and even with that sold in no-time. There were 500 copies made.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Well, I've found two copies of the Front LP during the years, and extremely cheap, but maybe now it's a lot more rare.
I wonder if there are any more obscure LPs that exist but no collectors from the West have heard of. Most people here came to know about the Asparez LP relatively recently. But I guess that by now we know about all the existing and forgotten jewels.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Does anyone know if Ayas ever was released on LP? It has puzzled me for a long time. Many dataset entries of this say Melodija as label, but I've never seen a front cover which makes me think it's a trading-distributed tape.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Warepire wrote:Does anyone know if Ayas ever was released on LP? It has puzzled me for a long time. Many dataset entries of this say Melodija as label, but I've never seen a front cover which makes me think it's a trading-distributed tape.
The guy who put the MP3's in the www didn't mention anything about a vinyl nor a CD. Should be even unreleased demo recordings ...
However I've that Asparez LP too, an ukrainan trading pal got me a copy in the very late 90's, but it seems besides that copy mentioned at Metalpage it's the only 2 copies that I've "seen" yet. But Varvar ... I don't even know anyone who owns a copy ...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

The problem IS : there were 15 so called soviet republics and Melodiya produced some LPs just for "local" market (KATEDRA (Lithuania) / LIVI (Latvia) , GGG (Estonia) or ASPAREZ (Armenia) so these Lps were sold exclusively in these small countries.

As for so called "Unknown" releases, I did not see mentioned very often... Союз or full name is Игорь Романов и группа Союз .This is weird record.Some Heavy Metal songs as well as some totally AOR like fillers like.It's not that rare,but never seen mentioned in Metal circles...

Taste it a bit :

Союз - Солдаты судьбы

Союз - Племена
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

lunaboy wrote: As for so called "Unknown" releases, I did not see mentioned very often... Союз or full name is Игорь Романов и группа Союз .This is weird record.Some Heavy Metal songs as well as some totally AOR like fillers like.It's not that rare,but never seen mentioned in Metal circles...
I have both Sojus LP's too, the first one wiith the guy on the cover has some really nice songs! But what's that GGG LP that you mentioned?
The Livi LP's aren't that easy to find either.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Prowler wrote:
lunaboy wrote: As for so called "Unknown" releases, I did not see mentioned very often... Союз or full name is Игорь Романов и группа Союз .This is weird record.Some Heavy Metal songs as well as some totally AOR like fillers like.It's not that rare,but never seen mentioned in Metal circles...
But what's that GGG LP that you mentioned?
GGG - Gunnar Graps Group.They're more on Hard Rock side.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

lunaboy wrote:
Prowler wrote:
But what's that GGG LP that you mentioned?
GGG - Gunnar Graps Group.They're more on Hard Rock side.
That "Polemine" LP? Or did they release more vinyls? I've just the "Polemine" but I see it rather "often" at ebay.

But the Paranoia LP is another difficult purchase. Wether you don't see it for years or you find a copy and it costs many many pearls of glass. :lol:
humus

Post by humus »

This one?

I bought it from a friend last year and it was neither expensive nor good musical-wise. I think I even saw a copy go unsold on ebay recently.
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

There was a copy of the VARVAR LP on the Russian "eBay", ie. Molotok.ru, and it went for over 100 euros with one bid. That's the only copy I've actually seen for sale.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

humus wrote:This one?

I bought it from a friend last year and it was neither expensive nor good musical-wise. I think I even saw a copy go unsold on ebay recently.
Yeah, but what a price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paranoia-Rus-Ev ... 3a781a47b3

Sure it's shit, but if you're just about 20 vinyls away from a complete Sovjet Metal vinyl collection then it doesn't matters anymore. Most of their 90's records are not very good. But killer artwork ...