STEEL ANGEL - Anthology question

...and all CD issues goes here.
In The Raw

STEEL ANGEL - Anthology question

Post by In The Raw »

I have the cd and it has 20 tracks but only 19 listed. What is the last track? It sounds like a demo or some kind of weird mash-up of 2 or more tracks. Does anyone know what the hell this thing is? Even the No Remorse label page isn't telling....
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

That's a demo track the band had in very bad sound quality and not complete (the song cuts at some point if I am correct, or something like that, since I don't have the CD yet), so they released it as a hidden track. This I've been told from inside sources.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

How is the quality of the CD/sound overall?

Thought about picking it up.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Trigger wrote:That's a demo track the band had in very bad sound quality and not complete (the song cuts at some point if I am correct, or something like that, since I don't have the CD yet), so they released it as a hidden track. This I've been told from inside sources.
Haven't bought the CD, but this was something that was happening in the mp3 of the track 'In the temple of the night' from their '84 demo that was circulating few years ago (my fave SA track, btw). I suppose it's the same mp3s they used for the demo bonus material.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

The disc sounds pretty good. Its a nice package overall and I'd never heard the band before but I really like them. I have a weak spot for French metal so I'm amazed I missed these guys up till now.
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

Hello.

Trigger is correct. The master CD that the band send to the label had the two demo songs in terrible sound, but this was the only available source. The last one had a cut in the middle and we thought not to include them (especially "In The Temple...") in the Anthology, but it was one of my fave also, so we put them all together and kept the last one (with the cut) as a hidden track.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

In fact I had that demo...but I'm not sure they used the demo I've sent them years ago when Marquee records were supposed to release it....