ROOT - Daemon viam invenient

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Metalipeiklo

ROOT - Daemon viam invenient

Post by Metalipeiklo »

...is out since friday the 13th. Two samples up on www.rootan.net. Anyone heard the album so far? Opinions? The samples were decent but nothing to die for... I had to put on some older ROOT stuff in the meantime.
Fun records
ancient tyranny

Post by ancient tyranny »

Haven´t heard it yet but I´ll get it for sure, even if they couldn´t top their old works they are still one of the best bands around these days
St. Erben

Post by St. Erben »

Not completely uninteresting; still I wonder if I would have given it more than 30 seconds would the band have been a new, unknown one...
Well, and the voice of Big Boss gives this kind of material a big helping hand.
I think I liked the Jimi Hendrix-cover better :P
Morbid69

Post by Morbid69 »

is Blackie on this one, or did he leave before it was recorded ?
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

It's a solid album, but Blackie's absence has had a significantly negative impact on the songwriting. The new material is still better than a lot of stuff out there, but the classic Root atmosphere is lacking. Sometimes it sounds like another band with Big Boss doing guest vocals. I know that sounds negative, but I still like the album.

If you're a Root fan, make sure to check out the "Deep in Root" 2DVD - it kills!
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

ROOT has a new drummer... another original member, "Evil", who's had a big impact on their sound, has left the band.

I was going to ask, has anyone seen the bootleg LP of "Daemon..." which is said to be out on "God is dead Records"? Wonder who's released it, not often a boot LP comes out that soon after the original (CD) release?
Fun records
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Metalipeiklo wrote:ROOT has a new drummer... another original member, "Evil", who's had a big impact on their sound, has left the band.
Wow... that really sucks. Evil was a killer drummer, and now that he's not in the band, I can't imagine it being the same.

(and yeah, I know he wasn't the drummer until "The Temple in the Underworld," but at least he was one of the oldest members besides Big Boss. :) )