Cover variations / Different Covers (Vinyl only)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
bigfootkit

Re: Cover variations / Different Covers (Vinyl only)

Post by bigfootkit »

tbieri wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 am
bigfootkit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 am I second DaN's praise of your niche area of collecting, it's always fascinating to see these vaiations & i salute your keen eye for often very minor details.
Are retitled records also within the scope of your current collecting? For example the s/t Rose Tattoo LP you've pictured above, was retitled 'Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws' for most of it's European releases & had different art.
Of course, if the title is on the cover! :D
For example ARTCH's "Another Return" / "Another Return tu Church Hill". Or some with spanish titles.
Or Ozzy's "Talk of the Devil" / "Speak of the Devil" wich i do'nt own both.
That Ozzy LP always struck me as a particularly odd & completely unneccesary retitling. Did they think Ozzy fans wouldn't understand the title & boycott buying the album because of that one word's difference?
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The "problem" with this thread is that it feels like Thomas has already uploaded ALL the cover variations I could ever think of :(
...but since posting record pics is so bloody fun I figure I/we shouldn't be afraid to 'repost', just in case :wink:
Will get going on that next week.
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

DaN wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:36 pm The "problem" with this thread is that it feels like Thomas has already uploaded ALL the cover variations I could ever think of :(
...but since posting record pics is so bloody fun I figure I/we shouldn't be afraid to 'repost', just in case :wink:
Will get going on that next week.
I made a list of what i know and don't have.
This list contains 91 items!!! So there are enough possibilities to add more pics! :lol:
mordred

Post by mordred »

bigfootkit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:51 pm
tbieri wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:10 am
bigfootkit wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:21 am I second DaN's praise of your niche area of collecting, it's always fascinating to see these vaiations & i salute your keen eye for often very minor details.
Are retitled records also within the scope of your current collecting? For example the s/t Rose Tattoo LP you've pictured above, was retitled 'Rock 'n' Roll Outlaws' for most of it's European releases & had different art.
Of course, if the title is on the cover! :D
For example ARTCH's "Another Return" / "Another Return tu Church Hill". Or some with spanish titles.
Or Ozzy's "Talk of the Devil" / "Speak of the Devil" wich i do'nt own both.
That Ozzy LP always struck me as a particularly odd & completely unneccesary retitling. Did they think Ozzy fans wouldn't understand the title & boycott buying the album because of that one word's difference?
I wish there had been a Swedish release with our equivalent of the saying, “Tala om trollen” (speak of the trolls).
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

mordred wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:04 pm
bigfootkit wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:51 pm
I wish there had been a Swedish release with our equivalent of the saying, “Tala om trollen” (speak of the trolls).
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Now i'm aware of that translation i retract my previous statement & hope for a bootleg t-shirt bearing that title.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.