Heavy Metal Accents

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Candian Trashers ANONYMUS are singing partially in québécois (a sort of french) !

Some songs and partially some textes are written phonetic !

The song CRÉMOÉCRÉMOÉPAS has a textline like this :
T'es-tu athée ? T'es-tu théist ?
I know french, but i don't understand nothing !

Or the song "AMEN" TOÉ says :
Hey toé, réveille toé. Si t'es tanné de t'faire piler sur les pieds !

C'est rigolo ! :-)
Of course it's only funny for french speaking people !
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

DaN wrote:For instance, what are non-Swedes' opinion of Ola Ohlsson (GOTHAM CITY 7" + MLP)?
This guy had quite a "special" voice, very expressionless and with a HEAVY Swedish accent. Usually this makes my ears cry, but personally I think they're so unique I still love them.
In this situation his voice really makes the band for me; I really love the 7" and MLP, but even though the album has some great tunes I can't get into it as much, because the vocals don't have the same effect on me.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

The band with the most horrible accent must be MAD POLTERGEIST from italy, so bad it's not even funny...

Greatest accent for me has the vocalist from DAYS OF YORE. I think he's from the french-speaking part of Canada and the way he weirdly forces the lyrics into the melodies is just awesome!!! They got lots of bad critics for their singer, thats really a shame, this guy was godly!
We praise the blood that metal brings
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

...to me the greatest accent is on FUCK OFF Hell on earth album...
simply a killer ... :D
peterott

Post by peterott »

Alastis' best album "...And Death Smiled" unfortunately has the lyrics printed in the booklet and if you follow the lyrics with the vocals you can't do more than smiling about the übermegaheavy French accent in the English lyrics.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Good I have to check those German speaking bands. Are they from both Germanys or only East Germany?
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

Mr Nuke wrote: And don't forget japanese bands and their so special accent! That adds a special touch, and when hearing the voice of the singer you already know from where the band comes from!
haha yes. my two favorites are sabbat's cover of quartz's "satan's serenade" (er-twenty frosand feer and faaaaaaarrrring!!!) and gorgon's "a fool in love"
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

Just listen to the Intro ("..juu shall börn till jår deff") to the "Sharon" track on the Silverhawk 7'' from the countrymen Crystal Pride (amazing 7''). Anyway, there you have some really good english.